Every FBS team we’ve played has had better coaches

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm honestly baffled. Not that our staff sucks, I'm getting used to that. But I can't get over how bad this is year one. I expected some stupid losses, but this team can't get out of it's own way. I didn't expect a complete lack of preparation, fundamental skills, or ability to adapt. It honestly didn't occur to me that anyone could manage to bungle things this badly this quickly. ****, al go more out of his team year 1 than this, and that's beyond amazing.

I thought I'd be the last person to get drastic about coaches, but these guys gotta go. After Richt last year I just don't have any patience for guys who can't see what they do well and do that. If you insist on pounding that square peg into a round hole, then you have no place at Miami. Manny can stay if he fires everyone else. If not, they all need to go.

Non-Negotiable Must Fires
Blake
Patke
Barry
Banda

Pretty Much Should Fire but This is Miami and We Take Forever to Fire Ppl
Rumph
Stroud

Who we'll end up firing

Advertisement
I have always said that Miami is not the type of job where you hire a coach with no prior HC experience. The learning curve is too long! If we keep going in the direction that we are going then this may be our only talent pool to choose from. Davis, Coker, Shannon and now Diaz, four HC hires with zero HC experience. Only one was successful.

I'm honestly baffled. Not that our staff sucks, I'm getting used to that. But I can't get over how bad this is year one. I expected some stupid losses, but this team can't get out of it's own way. I didn't expect a complete lack of preparation, fundamental skills, or ability to adapt. It honestly didn't occur to me that anyone could manage to bungle things this badly this quickly. ****, al go more out of his team year 1 than this, and that's beyond amazing.

I thought I'd be the last person to get drastic about coaches, but these guys gotta go. After Richt last year I just don't have any patience for guys who can't see what they do well and do that. If you insist on pounding that square peg into a round hole, then you have no place at Miami. Manny can stay if he fires everyone else. If not, they all need to go.
And getting worse. Not a rebuild as they claim, more like a tear down.

Some of us have played championship football.

I have had the experience of watching the difference between a championship coach and perpetrator in over his head guiding championship level rosters.

To the untrained eye they look the same from a distance.

The execution mishaps are what follows in over their head coaches.

The talent level is COMPLETELY A NONFACTOR.

You watch on tv and think “Oh, if that player just did this and this players just did that, everything would be ok.”

It doesn’t work like that.

The players are much closer to each other talent wise than you think. It is subtle differences that look like a big deal on the the screen.

Things are moving out there faster than you could possibly imagine.

There is a level of confidence and momentum necessary to execute well as a football team. Players don’t play in a vacuum. They come together to form a single entity, kind of like Voltron if you know what that was.

The environment that is conducive to consistent execution is created by the coaches psychologically, emotionally, strategically, and technically.

Unless you have the rare transcendent talents, you fail with bad coaching every single time. Even transcendent talent is dampened when the coaching is bad enough.

Say what you want about the players. It’s your opinion. But if double reverse at the opponent’s 10 doesn’t make you see the light, nothing can help you.

A-*******-men!!

Whoever you are please post more. Reading posts like this is like a deep cleansing of all the idiotic commentary from the slurpers who love our coaches and hate our players.

What would you think about Manny canning Enos in favor of Oklahoma Co-OC / O-Line Coach Bill Bedenbaugh as our OC? He would bring the Spread Offense to Miami and Coach the OLine. He currently is making $750,000. It would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Allow me to say it for the 100th time.

No great coaches want to work for a guy who doesnt even belong at a G5 program. You werent going to get some great established coordinators to come work for Manny Diaz, and tha was before he showed his *** and landed on the hot seat.

Advertisement
Wasn’t my first choice but I was excited for the change. Not going to lie. Everyone in the building was adamant that Manny should have been the guy all year.

The rebuild comment is what ****es me off the most. His hire made sense because this was NOT a rebuild. Manny supposedly knew what need to be corrected and had the resources to hire someone who would modernize the offense. Now, we are already hearing the Goldenesque excuses.

How in gods name does a coach with such a weak resume become the apple of the BOTs eye to be Richt’s eventual replacement???

Our players are soft. Both Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech were more physical than us. Manny needs time to build his team, so firing him now would be silly and we would attract **** for a coach. I would like to see Manny given at least five years, like most other coaches.

Man this is almost as stupid as you saying players don't get paid at other programs

Advertisement
It is guaranteed that Manny receives a second year. Zero doubt. They may fire him after the 2020 season. Any worse than 8-4 during 2020, and they will probably fire him prior to 2021.

Also, there may be "no buyouts" on the table until Baseball raises its $7M. They funded the Indoor Baseball practice facility last year, but have not announced it for a myriad of reasons (prior to the maniacs posting - they are still accepting donations for the Indoor facility but they already have all the money they need, hence the groundbreaking), but they do not want another basketball arena fiasco. When they finish raising the $7M for baseball, Manny better deliver because they will fire him then.

Also, you cannot give Diaz' son less than two full years. UM will not permit it. He will coach UM next year barring a complete meltdown and a booster footing Diaz's entire buyout provision.....

Advertisement
Back