Even Ferman is taking the gloves off

I know we clown Ferman to no end on here but that was actually a very good and insightful article. I didnt know Rudy Fernandez had a resume like that.

But I agree with the posters who say that this is all well and good but it means nothing until Manny is fired and Blake James is told he can stay on as AD but in name only and he wont be making any decisions on athletics without the approval of someone who knows more than him. Or he is fired. Either way im good with either decision.

I said before that I think once we are out of bowl contention they will cut Manny loose. (Or Blake will be forced to cut Manny loose) I originally thought it would be when we were out of the Coastal chase but than realized we could go 8-4 and still be out of the Coastal and Blake just might give Manny one more year. Smh.

Advertisement
cat bird GIF

"As the Canes Nation frets over if and when Football Coach Manny Diaz will be fired, and whether Athletic Director Blake James will remain in charge of the department moving forward, the University is very quietly working behind the scenes to transform the way it will conduct business in athletics."

I didn't get that from the article, just that his future was speculative.
Exactly…..nothing that says he WILL be let go or WILL be removed from all football operations.Only that he WILL remain in charge for now which means NO definitive decision has been made as to his future yet…..

Until I see the words WILL BE FIRED he remains in charge…

Mas is a Columbus guy. Wonder if he will push for Mario
Wouldn't be a good sign if he did- and not because I'm against a Luigi hire in most scenarios. Mas (and others and the school itself) should put up enough money to GET Luigi but allow a competent AD to have much more direct influence over the actual hire than their potential cronyism or general preferences.

I'll buy this Mas stuff too when we we see some tangible evidence of their influence and money. They certainly have the cash but they also made a very public pursuit of buying the Marlins that was essentially a joke.

Advertisement
I know we clown Ferman to no end on here but that was actually a very good and insightful article. I didnt know Rudy Fernandez had a resume like that.

But I agree with the posters who say that this is all well and good but it means nothing until Manny is fired and Blake James is told he can stay on as AD but in name only and he wont be making any decisions on athletics without the approval of someone who knows more than him. Or he is fired. Either way im good with either decision.

I said before that I think once we are out of bowl contention they will cut Manny loose. (Or Blake will be forced to cut Manny loose) I originally thought it would be when we were out of the Coastal chase but than realized we could go 8-4 and still be out of the Coastal and Blake just might give Manny one more year. Smh.
What is Rudy Fernández’s resume?

Advertisement
- Program is a disaster
- Frenk's staffers are making moves
- Seems it hinges in large part on Mas Brothers (of MasTec fame)
- Miami's AD needs to be run as a multi-million $$ operation divorced of academic betas who can't lead their way out of a wet paper bag with hole in it

1. Hope he's right
2. And IF 1, hope Mas faction on BoT wins the day

I'll believe it when I see it.

Perhaps the Mas' are trying to build a sports legacy in SoFL.... hmmmmmm
He’s
- Program is a disaster
- Frenk's staffers are making moves
- Seems it hinges in large part on Mas Brothers (of MasTec fame)
- Miami's AD needs to be run as a multi-million $$ operation divorced of academic betas who can't lead their way out of a wet paper bag with hole in it

1. Hope he's right
2. And IF 1, hope Mas faction on BoT wins the day

I'll believe it when I see it.

Perhaps the Mas' are trying to build a sports legacy in SoFL.... hmmmmmm
He is spot on. Our timing in contribution is not coincidence. There are a couple buildings at our beloved university where many do not want to be right now. It’s that bad.

Advertisement
Some thoughts after reading the article:

- I’m optimistic about the program’s future given the renewed direction and energy.

- It’s ironic that Shalala building the medical school infrastructure provided the needed funds.

- The Administration loathes being publicly embarrassed, which in this case has worked in the football team’s favor. Build a statue to Herbie!

- Ferman’s writing sucks. The guy needs an editor.
It's ironic that Frenk might be the one to bring the athletic department up to snuff.

Are you suggesting the sentence below isn't fitting for a person who writes for a living?

On the other hand, if these other schools beat Miami to the punch for Cristobal, for example, because it would not make a decision now, that would not be real good either.

One thing I must have missed in the article was any mention of James Blake being dismissed from his football duties or his AD duties et al……It actually said he would REMAIN in charge of things going forward.

That’s the scariest part of that article that WASN’T in there….unless I misread the article of course.

He did mention that BJ went rogue.. straight to newbie, ignorant Frenk for quickly pushing through Manny's hire on the same day as Richt's resignation

Advertisement
One thing I must have missed in the article was any mention of James Blake being dismissed from his football duties or his AD duties et al……It actually said he would REMAIN in charge of things going forward.

That’s the scariest part of that article that WASN’T in there….unless I misread the article of course.
The Mas brothers and other execs being involved with a total review of how UM carries out sports management activities DOES NOT rule out a change in the Athletic Director. For the time being Blake James is still there .. however that could change or at the very least his ROLE could change to match his reported strength .. fund raising .. and a legit, experienced, high quality AD be brought in to run the athletic departments.

Exactly…..nothing that says he WILL be let go or WILL be removed from all football operations.Only that he WILL remain in charge for now which means NO definitive decision has been made as to his future yet…..

Until I see the words WILL BE FIRED he remains in charge…
You will not see the words FIRED. You will see a press release of him moving on.

Wouldn't be a good sign if he did- and not because I'm against a Luigi hire in most scenarios. Mas (and others and the school itself) should put up enough money to GET Luigi but allow a competent AD to have much more direct influence over the actual hire than their potential cronyism or general preferences.

I'll buy this Mas stuff too when we we see some tangible evidence of their influence and money. They certainly have the cash but they also made a very public pursuit of buying the Marlins that was essentially a joke.
I’m pro Mario but I agree with getting an AD worth his salt and letting him hire the best coach. No favors, no politicking bs. Hire the right guy.

Advertisement
Back