Even Ferman is taking the gloves off

Advertisement
- Program is a disaster
- Frenk's staffers are making moves
- Seems it hinges in large part on Mas Brothers (of MasTec fame)
- Miami's AD needs to be run as a multi-million $$ operation divorced of academic betas who can't lead their way out of a wet paper bag with hole in it

1. Hope he's right
2. And IF 1, hope Mas faction on BoT wins the day

I'll believe it when I see it.

Perhaps the Mas' are trying to build a sports legacy in SoFL.... hmmmmmm

Cliff notes? I can’t read the article from outside the US
That the University “higher-ups” realize that they need to revolutionize the Athletic Department to compete in modern day football. That they are trying to do it right this time by consulting business leaders, such as the Mas brothers. That the problem has been identified, now it will be addressed with a modernization of the department. That if they don’t get it right they know they can’t compete.

Advertisement
- Program is a disaster
- Frenk's staffers are making moves
- Seems it hinges in large part on Mas Brothers (of MasTec fame)
- Miami's AD needs to be run as a multi-million $$ operation divorced of academic betas who can't lead their way out of a wet paper bag with hole in it

1. Hope he's right
2. And IF 1, hope Mas faction on BoT wins the day

I'll believe it when I see it.

Perhaps the Mas' are trying to build a sports legacy in SoFL.... hmmmmmm

That the University “higher-ups” realize that they need to revolutionize the Athletic Department to compete in modern day football. That they are trying to do it right this time by consulting business leaders, such as the Mas brothers. That the problem has been identified, now it will be addressed with a modernization of the department. That if they don’t get it right they know they can’t compete.
Thank you both!

The results are not present to scrutinize, but at least the school is coming at it from the right angle

CFB is big business, the more successful business tycoons involved the better. Guys like Frenk that are betas and spent their whole careers in academia aren’t wired to oversee big time sports.

The Mas brothers track record speaks for itself. I have some hope

With the NCAA looking to remove test scores from the equation, then there is absolutely NO reason that sports programs shouldn't be run like a business and not an academic institution. I really hope Sperman is right for once and the powers that be finally realize that we're not in 1980 anymore. Time to modernize.

Advertisement
This is mildly encouraging, now do I believe they will finally do what need sto be done, and spend that money and hire extremely competent people to run the AD and actually hire football people to run football. Proof will be in the pudding as they say

Advertisement
One thing I must have missed in the article was any mention of James Blake being dismissed from his football duties or his AD duties et al……It actually said he would REMAIN in charge of things going forward.

That’s the scariest part of that article that WASN’T in there….unless I misread the article of course.

One thing I must have missed in the article was any mention of James Blake being dismissed from his football duties or his AD duties et al……It actually said he would REMAIN in charge of things going forward.

That’s the scariest part of that article that WASN’T in there….unless I misread the article of course.
Bingo. Zero point in putting effort into this program until he is removed.

Advertisement
bikes2.gif

"As the Canes Nation frets over if and when Football Coach Manny Diaz will be fired, and whether Athletic Director Blake James will remain in charge of the department moving forward, the University is very quietly working behind the scenes to transform the way it will conduct business in athletics."

I didn't get that from the article, just that his future was speculative.

Some thoughts after reading the article:

- I’m optimistic about the program’s future given the renewed direction and energy.

- It’s ironic that Shalala building the medical school infrastructure provided the needed funds.

- The Administration loathes being publicly embarrassed, which in this case has worked in the football team’s favor. Build a statue to Herbie!

- Ferman’s writing sucks. The guy needs an editor.

Advertisement
Back