ESPN ranks Miami as a Tier 3 Program

Actually winning is what it's about and they haven't. They are close obviously but they were close with Richt a couple times and never got over the hump. If Kirby never wins, all the hype, recruiting rankings and bags drop are for what?
It's like if NCAA football came out right now there prestige would be max cause of recent success....mm.not in form of titles but they are relevant that's what we strive for to be talked about as playoff contenders yearly.

Advertisement

Also taps us as the program most likely to move into tier 2

Coming off a 6 & 7 campaign, with a headcoach that has loses on his resume to F.i.u.(we know butch is their) Louisianna Tech, and struggled with Central Michigan, got bombed by a punter, giving up 4th & 17 to a True Freshman qb, naming quitters, whiners and transferee's as starters, coach diaz should be Thankful we got ranked that high. Credit to ESPN for not handing out participation trophies and not giving credit for portal and coaching moves that have not proven their coaching works here yet or play.

I have absolutely no problem with reality, ***** what ESPN talking bout, this has been the Truth about UM for awhile, we don't espn or any other n to tell us what we already know! Going from coach richt to coach diaz in current reality was not progress, but stay tuned!

Nebraska sucks and still sells out their games. Miami has a hard time selling tickets even when they're great. I don't get it.

You have to be from Miami to understand it, but in short, you have to give us a real reason to come out, we not supporting scrub teams, save that for them places that ain't got better things to do, we not gone sit out their in that Sun just to watch ****'s alot of us are better than, don't work like that. Plus when UM got away from recruiting guys from the City, we really wasn't going than, cause who playing!

You have to be from Miami to understand it, but in short, you have to give us a real reason to come out, we not supporting scrub teams, save that for them places that ain't got better things to do, we not gone sit out their in that Sun just to watch ****'s alot of us are better than, don't work like that. Plus when UM got away from recruiting guys from the City, we really wasn't going than, cause who playing!
There are better things to do in Miami than watch mediocre football. Nebraska has the choice between football and?

I was in a Miami hotel during the 2003 football season. Miami was GOOD. I was watching a Miami game in my hotel room and then I saw a commercial for Miami football. The commercial offered 4 tickets, 4 sodas, 4 hot dogs and a game program for $100. That just floored me. I'm not knocking the program. I am knocking the folks in south Florida that can't back a great program and, for many years, Miami was a GREAT program.

Advertisement
There are better things to do in Miami than watch mediocre football. Nebraska has the choice between football and?

That hurts though. When a top recruit goes to a Miami game and the stadium is only half full, that sends a message. Then that same recruit goes to other schools where the stands are full and that sends another message.

As well, Miami is only playing, what, 7 or 8 home games a year?

Then again, how far away is the stadium from the campus? Perhaps that's the problem.

That hurts though. When a top recruit goes to a Miami game and the stadium is only half full, that sends a message. Then that same recruit goes to other schools where the stands are full and that sends another message.

As well, Miami is only playing, what, 7 or 8 home games a year?

Then again, how far away is the stadium from the campus? Perhaps that's the problem.
Agreed. Even with a full stadium those Golden Cane seats are empty because they're up in the club. And that's the right in your face 50 yd line seats.

We've been over the on campus thing. It's not likely much of an issue. Enough people come down from the north and the student base is small.

Advertisement
"Uh... we just need to hire a good coach and we're back to da tiers 1!!!!"
My god did anyone even read the article?

"The goal here is to assess which Power 5 jobs are most coveted by coaches...
excellent access to elite regional and national recruits; strong infrastructure and commitment from university and athletic administration;"

Advertisement
A) This dude totally stole this ranking system from David Hale
B) We suck until proven otherwise. Let them rank us wherever the **** they want.

Consider that on the heels of 4 NCs Butch was the only coach willing to accept the job after Dennis left it a mess. When we broke the bank to get Howard it was the last gasp effort of dead program. I love So Fl and The U but why we insist on thinking it any coach would love the HC job is beyond me. Since Dennis we have had 4 assistants, one coach who was fired from a major SEC state program for repeated failures, and Al Golden the only actual HC win at least one HC game and employed at the time. As horrible as he turned out, you could make an argument that was most impressive hire since Dennis at the time of hire. Butch clearly prove to be best since Dennis but had no HC experience at the time.

I was in a Miami hotel during the 2003 football season. Miami was GOOD. I was watching a Miami game in my hotel room and then I saw a commercial for Miami football. The commercial offered 4 tickets, 4 sodas, 4 hot dogs and a game program for $100. That just floored me. I'm not knocking the program. I am knocking the folks in south Florida that can't back a great program and, for many years, Miami was a GREAT program.

Once again, you not understanding what made UM great, ***** the program, we back the players and real Miami coaches. Once skelator and the troll shalala tandem took over, real Miami people already knew the ship was sinking. Than to make matters worst, they let that racist broad make racist connotative UM infomercials where that trick said "we're recruiting a different type of athlete to the University of Miami" bytch, we know your codes, and when that **** started getting called out, they took it down real quick, but it's already on vhs tapes.

That broad was a double agent, sent here to sabotage the football program, butch davis dipped out for a reason!

Advertisement
Blake James is the harbinger of FAIL, In any other corp. Flakey would have been tossed out on his mangina A@@

We are what our record says we are. We are what that anonymous coach said we are "living in the past" and living with this fake swag from 20 yrs ago. Do we have Tier 3 potential? I think not, look at this '21 recruiting class as an example: Bunch of kids jumping on board based on what we can be and Miami being Miami..it won't take long once we start winning - consistently - to leapfrog back to the center of the CFB universe. But we gotta win

THIS.

It all comes down to coaching. Coker showed us firsthand how to go from national title winner to doormat in just 3 years. Then Randy came along and showed us all how to **** away a #1 recruiting class. Then came Golden who stripped us of our identity. Then Richt - Paradise Camp, IPF and bringing back UM style football was huge, but too beaten down and ego-driven coming from UGA. All that man needed to do was get out of his own way and bring in an accomplished offensive coordinator.

And now Manny - a great salesman with good intentions but leadership limitations.

We've got the talent. Not to dethrone Clemson yet, but enough to give them **** if we play to our strengths. And yet again, our season's success will be determined by our coaching.
Sphinx.....................think it is a Coaching issue utilizing all the talent that has rolled through our U...Important and relevant thought, I agree.

Advertisement
Back