ESPN ranks Miami as a Tier 3 Program

Advertisement
I'm not sure how you can rank Miami, FSU, and UF all on different tiers. The programs and place in the state are all pretty cyclical and have been for over 40 years at this point.

Tier 1 programs, from their list seem like heavy bag pushers and then you have everyone else...while I'm willing to tip the cap to Auburn and FSU as programs that won titles recently...I have no idea how Miami is on a lower tier than Penn State, Oregon, Notre Dame, etc.

Miami's problem has been **** coaches first and foremost. General formula for winning in today's landscape...top coordinators, level up QB, culture (built top down from the head coach)...Miami has had none of the above...I don't think Florida or Florida State do either right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I honestly would have put us as a Tier 2 program. We aren’t super long removed from being a national powerhouse, and Miami is still an attractive enough destination to coach at in my opinion. Plus the hotbed of talent and the weather sell themselves
We aren't Super Long removed??....20yrs isn't Super Long??....What's your definition of Super Long??

Advertisement
That's not what I was implying...20yrs at the University of Miami is Waaayyyyyy too long....
I also said we aren’t too far removed from being a national powerhouse. We were still one of the top programs until ‘05ish. 15 years isn’t that long. Is it too long with the amount of talent we get year in and year out? Yes. But not in the scope of being ranked as a tier 3 program

Advertisement
I also said we aren’t too far removed from being a national powerhouse. We were still one of the top programs until ‘05ish. 15 years isn’t that long. Is it too long with the amount of talent we get year in and year out? Yes. But not in the scope of being ranked as a tier 3 program
No we weren't a Top program in 05...We haven't been a Top program since 02...

Tier 3 jobs: Good location and/or access to regional recruits; solid facilities and salary pool for assistants and support staff; adequate administrative/fan support with occasional challenges; a place that should regularly contend for division titles and occasionally win the league with a College Football Playoff appearance as a realistic ceiling.

Definition seems accurate. BTW, no way Florida qualifies for Tier 1. They have not been in the national championship discussion since 2009. FSU is trending out of Tier 2.

Advertisement
I'm not sure how you can rank Miami, FSU, and UF all on different tiers. The programs and place in the state are all pretty cyclical and have been for over 40 years at this point.

Tier 1 programs, from their list seem like heavy bag pushers and then you have everyone else...while I'm willing to tip the cap to Auburn and FSU as programs that won titles recently...I have no idea how Miami is on a lower tier than Penn State, Oregon, Notre Dame, etc.

Miami's problem has been **** coaches first and foremost. General formula for winning in today's landscape...top coordinators, level up QB, culture (built top down from the head coach)...Miami has had none of the above...I don't think Florida or Florida State do either right now.

THIS.

It all comes down to coaching. Coker showed us firsthand how to go from national title winner to doormat in just 3 years. Then Randy came along and showed us all how to **** away a #1 recruiting class. Then came Golden who stripped us of our identity. Then Richt - Paradise Camp, IPF and bringing back UM style football was huge, but too beaten down and ego-driven coming from UGA. All that man needed to do was get out of his own way and bring in an accomplished offensive coordinator.

And now Manny - a great salesman with good intentions but leadership limitations.

We've got the talent. Not to dethrone Clemson yet, but enough to give them **** if we play to our strengths. And yet again, our season's success will be determined by our coaching.

The BOT and our idiot AD have turned this football program into a sick joke. The last four coaching hires have been worthy of a mediocre Div. 2 POS organization. It’s disgraceful when you consider we won a NC in 2001 and are now circling the drain. FSU gets Tier 2 consideration because we know the Noles will be back in a year or two. Not convinced we ever will with these disgustingly cheap and abysmal coaching hires. These bums wouldn’t make it at a James Madison, Appalachian State or Marshall and we know it.

Advertisement
Back