ESPN ranks Miami as a Tier 3 Program

don't see anything wrong w that. we are a tier 3. we could be a 2 or higher if we don't underperform with the talent we have. this could be one of our more complete teams in the last decade.

Advertisement
But bruh; WE NOT EVEN AN ACADEMIC POWERHOUSE! I mean, we literally have nothing to brag about for almost 20 yrs. And I’m just saying; Duke don’t sacrifice their academics for their b-ball and they don’t sacrifice their b-ball for academics. USC hasn’t sacrificed academics for football & vise versa. With the natural resources in everything; our soccer, baseball, football & track squads should be competing for titles every year or in the discussion....while academics w/ the smaller class rooms & research programs should be cracking top 30-35 every year.

Ive been confused on our identity for a while now.

lol yea ...I don't even care about that shut. People that went there do and rightfully so but right now Miami is just an overall joke when you look at things and it starts up top. They barley just finished that indoor facility and its Polly basic af......atleast it wouldn't surprise me. Some of the chit Polly came from an auction in homestead

We’ve been down for longer than either UF or FSU. It’s not that hard to understand why we’re the lowest ranked of the “Big 3” right now. If we fire Diaz and get a good coach, I’m sure we can move up on future lists.
Those two girl schools you mentioned suck. Stop lying to yourself....

But bruh; WE NOT EVEN AN ACADEMIC POWERHOUSE! I mean, we literally have nothing to brag about for almost 20 yrs. And I’m just saying; Duke don’t sacrifice their academics for their b-ball and they don’t sacrifice their b-ball for academics. USC hasn’t sacrificed academics for football & vise versa. With the natural resources in everything; our soccer, baseball, football & track squads should be competing for titles every year or in the discussion....while academics w/ the smaller class rooms & research programs should be cracking top 30-35 every year.

Ive been confused on our identity for a while now.
Administrative **** show.

Advertisement
Sounds about right based on their criteria.

Miami resides in an elite recruiting base but has not demonstrated a strong commitment from university and athletic administration. The program suffers from financial limitations on head coach, assistant coaches, and staff hires, although this is improving. Facilities have been upgraded. The team has enjoyed little success in 15 years.

****es me off to read, but this is a good thing. We need zero hype and no more talking about "Is Miami back?" until we actually put a good football product on the field consistently. The unearned hype that seems to always surrounds the Miami program became a cancer.

Advertisement
I also said we aren’t too far removed from being a national powerhouse. We were still one of the top programs until ‘05ish. 15 years isn’t that long. Is it too long with the amount of talent we get year in and year out? Yes. But not in the scope of being ranked as a tier 3 program

if kids start watching football and really understanding by let’s say 5 , and we haven’t been relevant for 15 years kids born after year 2000 will only know us a mediocre program , these kids few up watching and being forced fed sec, we had one blip of greatness 3 years ago and then afterwards got embarrassed Over and over again
For today’s recruits we are YouTube clips and stories from family members

it’s sad but that’s the current state
But we have enough of a brand to turn it around quick
So if we get a good hc we could be tier 1 in 2-3 years

Advertisement
I looked at the description for tier 3. Sounds about right.

****, you could make a strong argument for tier 4.

Advertisement
Nebraska sucks and still sells out their games. Miami has a hard time selling tickets even when they're great. I don't get it.

Look at the 2001 attendance. The Washington game (which presumably was viewed by a lot of fans as a revenge game) was the only game where Miami’s home attendance was over 53,000. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Miami_Hurricanes_football_team

There’s a “win and the fans will come” belief on here that’s not really backed up by Miami’s past attendance.

that is correct . UM will never be tier 1 again ( though that doesn't mean we can't win a title here and there ) but the game has changed too much and UM's booster base is too small to throw bags like Bama and Clemson or even UF . The top tier is Clemson ,UGA , Bama , OSU . then about 10 teams like UF , Oregon and a few others in tier 2 and Miami like they said is the most likely team to get back into that tier . **** I think we do this season and win 10-11 games.

Look at the 2001 attendance. The Washington game (which presumably was viewed by a lot of fans as a revenge game) was the only game where Miami’s home attendance was over 53,000. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Miami_Hurricanes_football_team

There’s a “win and the fans will come” belief on here that’s not really backed up by Miami’s past attendance.
Fans will never sell out except for FSU , UF , Notre Dame ect . So let's not act like winning means the stands fill up . They won't .

Advertisement
Back