ESPN article pressure on Rosier

Advertisement
That was Pitts game plan dumb dumb! Stop the run and have Rosier beat them through the air which they knew he couldn’t do!!!! @ss!!
That's always Pitt's gameplan, dumb dumb. Pat Narduzzi ran nothing by Quarters at Michigan State before being brought over to Pitt, and he's run nothing but quarters since he got there. Google "Quarters defense" and you'll get a Pat Narduzzi quote saying that when the players read their keys properly, Quarters can defend anything an offense throws at you.

The point is that the 60th ranked rush defense held our running backs to 16 yards rushing on 1.6 yards per carry, and despite the common misconception from porsters on this board, they didn't do a **** thing differently than what they had done to become the 60th ranked rushing defense. They improved from 60th to 44th in Rushing Yards Per Game just by playing us.

You go be okay with that. FOH though demanding that I have to be okay with it too.

That's always Pitt's gameplan, dumb dumb. Pat Narduzzi ran nothing by Quarters at Michigan State before being brought over to Pitt, and he's run nothing but quarters since he got there. Google "Quarters defense" and you'll get a Pat Narduzzi quote saying that when the players read their keys properly, Quarters can defend anything an offense throws at you.

The point is that the 60th ranked rush defense held our running backs to 16 yards rushing on 1.6 yards per carry, and despite the common misconception from porsters on this board, they didn't do a **** thing differently than what they had done to become the 60th ranked rushing defense. They improved from 60th to 44th in Rushing Yards Per Game just by playing us.

You go be okay with that. FOH though demanding that I have to be okay with it too.
You focking moron I didn’t say I was ok with it. Get that C🥚ck and balls away from your face so you can see what I wrote. What I said that was the game plan Pitt had! To stop the run first and dare us to beat em through the air and it worked cause that’s what we did but failed with Rosier dumb dumb

You focking moron I didn’t say I was ok with it. Get that C🥚ck and balls away from your face so you can see what I wrote. What I said that was the game plan Pitt had! To stop the run first and dare us to beat em through the air and it worked cause that’s what we did but failed with Rosier dumb dumb
Look. This is idiotic. Yes. There's always room for the QB or anybody else to do a better job, but I've laid down the challenge for anyone willing to accept it.

Show me a team that won a game in which their running backs only got 16 yards.

I can show you games teams won with **** play from their QB. I can show you games Miami won with **** QB play. VaTech for example. **** Oklahoma beat TCU in 2015 with Trevor Knight only completing 31%

But you can't show me any team that won a game where the running backs combined for 16 yards or fewer.

Look. This is idiotic. Yes. There's always room for the QB or anybody else to do a better job, but I've laid down the challenge for anyone willing to accept it.

I can show you games teams won with **** play from their QB. I can show you games Miami won with **** QB play. VaTech for example. **** Oklahoma beat TCU in 2015 with Trevor Knight only completing 31%

But you can't show me any team that won a game where the running backs combined for 16 yards or fewer.
I understand what you’re saying now. But if the receivers were constantly open, the QB had to make those throws. The times we tried running they stuffed it! Because they knew Rosier couldn’t beat them. On top of the fact we didn’t have a dominant O-line you expected CMR to keep running it when the Oline was not able to move those Pitt Boys. The only chance we had was through the air but we just didn’t have the piece.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I remember CMR even put in that good for nothing fullback to see if he could get a push trying to go for a touchdown but that got stuffed before it got started. Sad sad day that was🤦🏾‍♂️

I understand what you’re saying now. But if the receivers were constantly open, the QB had to make those throws. The times we tried running they stuffed it! Because they knew Rosier couldn’t beat them. On top of the fact we didn’t have a dominant O-line you expected CMR to keep running it when the Oline was not able to move those Pitt Boys. The only chance we had was through the air but we just didn’t have the pieces.

You’re all over the point but keep missed it. They didn’t stuff us when we tried to run it because they knew something. They stuffed us because we suck running the football. We sucked running the ball all season. We had some chunk plays here and there and some runs from Rosier that pumped up our YPC, and really hid just how bad we were, but even with a QB rushing for 480 yards we were only 79th in rushing yards per game. Take away that, and we were 115th.

You’re all over the point but keep missed it. They didn’t stuff us when we tried to run it because they knew something. They stuffed us because we suck running the football. We sucked running the ball all season. We had some chunk plays here and there and some runs from Rosier that pumped up our YPC, and really hid just how bad we were, but even with a QB rushing for 480 yards we were only 79th in rushing yards per game. Take away that, and we were 115th.
Ok that’s why I said Our Oline was not dominant. But what helps crappie Oline/Running game is a quarterback that is able to hit open receivers throughout the game so teams will stay honest and both safeties stay occupied on the receivers. But how can a team run if they load the box all game and the mindset of the opponent is to stop the run cause the QB is not a threat through the air. **** he surprised a few times last year but that was bull**** because we should’ve crush all those teams except Clemson. That wisky game, did the running game loose that one? We had 174yrds they had 142 I believe. You need to wake the frock up and smell the coffee buddy!

Advertisement
Advertisement
We will continue to be mediocre with Rosier as QB... and probably lose a game before Richt gives up on him.
I really hope it doesn’t take a lose for him to give another Qb a chance at the helm. We have a very favorable schedule.

We will continue to be mediocre with Rosier as QB... and probably lose a game before Richt gives up on him.

Best regular season we've had since 2002 and you can't make this **** up people are on here whining about how mediocre we are. You guys need to get a ******* life.

Advertisement
That was in spite of Rosier's stellar performance...
Eh, just watched the FSU game yesterday. Rosier is what he is but he absolutely threw some dimes second half in that game. What qb do you feel comfortable with in the last 10 years who would have done the same?

Eh, just watched the FSU game yesterday. Rosier is what he is but he absolutely threw some dimes second half in that game. What qb do you feel comfortable with in the last 10 years who would have done the same?

kirby freeman did literally the exact same thing in 2007 in tallahassee, except all of his completions came on one drive. i feel comfortable with neither.

That was in spite of Rosier's stellar performance...

That's obviously your take on it. I know you're saying "stellar performance" sarcastically, but let's not act like the dude didn't just set the school record for TD's accounted for. This was pretty much the exact same time without a "better QB" in Kaaya in 2016, so obviously he did something right.

Advertisement
Back