ESPN article pressure on Rosier

Advertisement
"It was in the Pitt game," Richt said. "In the Pitt game, we couldn't hit our target. That was the deal. Other than that, it was a joint effort. That one game, though, we had protection, we had guys open and we couldn't put it on the money that day. That's what that day was. But the next two games it was the normal little bit of linemen, little bit of running backs, little bit of tight end, little bit of receiver. It wasn't like some monumental implosion of the quarterback position. That day, though, at Pitt, we couldn't hit open receivers."

"It was in the Pitt game," Richt said. "In the Pitt game, we couldn't hit our target. That was the deal. Other than that, it was a joint effort. That one game, though, we had protection, we had guys open and we couldn't put it on the money that day. That's what that day was. But the next two games it was the normal little bit of linemen, little bit of running backs, little bit of tight end, little bit of receiver. It wasn't like some monumental implosion of the quarterback position. That day, though, at Pitt, we couldn't hit open receivers."

i mean those games weren't monumental implosions because it really couldn't get much worse than at pitt. acccg and orange bowl were slightly-less-than-monumental implosions.

Advertisement
Give me a QB that's consistent. Not shinning only when the pressure is on.

I don’t know, having the guy, who is great in the clutch is a very nice thing if team is not dominate. Maybe Mark needs to keep all the back up qbs close to him on the side line with thier helmets on and his hand on one’s shoulder like he is about to send him in. Keep Rosier under pressure constantly?

OMG that's kinda scary & not a great sign for a QB of a top ranked team looking to be dominant

We're favored in most games....so he's saying Watch out because unless he's pushed, he may fall asleep at the wheel?

I'm sorry but I have difficulty with player's, especially QB's and team leaders that need to be constantly motivated to do their best. Give me someone who's driven anytime over that.

Maybe its best that Rosier doesn't give anymore interviews...he is his own worse enemy ( I didn't watch film, this etc etc)

Last edited:

@Loose Cannon disagrees.

Advertisement
OMG that's kinda scary & not a great sign for a QB of a top ranked team looking to be dominant

We're favored in most games....so he's saying Watch out because unless he's pushed, he may be asleep at the wheel?

I'm sorry but I have difficulty with player's, especially QB's and team leaders that need to be constantly motivated to do their best. Give me someone who's driven anytime over that.

Maybe its best that Rosier doesn't give anymore interviews...he is his own worse enemy ( I didn't watch film, this etc etc)

I didn’t get any of that.

The only thing Rick was saying was that he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn that day. Which we all could see.

The only thing I got out of that was Rick stating the obvious. Rosier wasn’t hitting shlt.

Good God almighty, can you imagine what last season would have looked like with Evan Sherriffs? How were Rosier and Sherriffs neck and neck until the beginning of the season? Either Sherriffs was exceptional in practice yet horrible in live games or Rosier was flat out stinking up the practice field.

Advertisement
I don’t know, having the guy, who is great in the clutch is a very nice thing if team is not dominate. Maybe Mark needs to keep all the back up qbs close to him on the side line with thier helmets on and his hand on one’s shoulder like he is about to send him in. Keep Rosier under pressure constantly?

It's possible to have a consistent QB who's also good in the clutch. I don't like ONLY being good when the pressure comes. Like FSU and the GT games, we wouldn't have needed Malik to have been spot on in the 4th quarter if he handled business the previous 3 quarters.

No I don’t. My position has always been that Rosier sucked that game. **** happens. QBs have bad games. But when your QB is having a bad game against a 3-7 team like Pitt and you can’t just line and run the ball to get out of there with an ugly win...instead of only being able to come up with 16 yards from your running backs, you’re just not a very good football team.

Richt’s a QB guy being asked about his decision processing while selecting a starting QB, but my challenge still stands. If anybody can show me a team that won a game with only 16 yards rushing, I’ll admit I was wrong.

The problem is that most people get what I’m saying. Rosier was always going to be that guy who needed a solid support cast; a good run game and great defense in order to find success. These boards were littered last fall after Rosier was named the starter with posts about how we’ll be fine as long as Walton stays healthy or as long as Richards comes back full speed...This was always the reality of the situation. Rosier was always going to need a great supporting effort from other contributors on the team for us to be successful. Who else contributed in that Pitt game? Rosier scored every TD we had. Who else stood out that day and made a contribution to the cause?

No I don’t. My position has always been that Rosier sucked that game. **** happens. QBs have bad games. But when your QB is having a bad game against a 3-7 team like Pitt and you can’t just line and run the ball to get out of there with an ugly win...instead of only being able to come up with 16 yards from your running backs, you’re just not a very good football team.

Richt’s a QB guy being asked about his decision processing while selecting a starting QB, but my challenge still stands. If anybody can show me a team that won a game with only 16 yards rushing, I’ll admit I was wrong.

The problem is that most people get what I’m saying. Rosier was always going to be that guy who needed a solid support cast; a good run game and great defense in order to find success. These boards were littered last fall after Rosier was named the starter with posts about how we’ll be fine as long as Walton stays healthy or as long as Richards comes back full speed...This was always the reality of the situation. Rosier was always going to need a great supporting effort from other contributors on the team for us to be successful. Who else contributed in that Pitt game? Rosier scored every TD we had. Who else stood out that day and made a contribution to the cause?

When your QB is that off the defense can focus on the run. They were daring us to pass and we couldn’t do it

Advertisement
I just want a good QB that shows up EVERY game

Not just in big games

Not just in special moments

Not just when he's feeling motivated

But good and doing his best whenever he's on the field..... i.e. consistent

When your QB is that off the defense can focus on the run. They were daring us to pass and we couldn’t do it

Can you back that up at all? Just rewatched some condensed highlights and couldn't find once when they were in an 8 man front. I stopped watching because I realized how stupid it was to even argue this. Most of the time they had 4 down lineman and their LB's were relatively deep.

Advertisement
Back