ESPN article pressure on Rosier

We didn’t even run the ball that much(homer had 7 carries vs Pittsburgh) due to the opportunities available in the passing game... rosier couldn’t hit them
Exactly.

I think Richt went into the game with an aggressive game plan towards airing it out because of how Kaaya lit up Pitts secondary the previous year. Richt is a film guy. He had to think that the same opportunities were going to be there for Rosier, WHICH THEY WERE! Rosier just couldn't hit ****.

Advertisement
Can you back that up at all? Just rewatched some condensed highlights and couldn't find once when they were in an 8 man front. I stopped watching because I realized how stupid it was to even argue this. Most of the time they had 4 down lineman and their LB's were relatively deep.

I don’t keep stills of each game so no that’s not me. However, I watched the game and even the announcers were talking about Pitt forcing the game into Malik’s hands. I doubt the highlights would even have enough footage of our offense (since there were no highlights)

I don’t keep stills of each game so no that’s not me. However, I watched the game and even the announcers were talking about Pitt forcing the game into Malik’s hands. I doubt the highlights would even have enough footage of our offense (since there were no highlights)

Oh the announcers said it? Well then I stand corrected, carry on.

When your QB is that off the defense can focus on the run. They were daring us to pass and we couldn’t do it
False. They played Cover 4/Quarters every single snap. Yes I know this is a coverage defense with run keys, but make no mistake...it drops 6 or 7 guys into coverage unless they SEE run. They were playing to take away the short and easy passes and defended the LOS with 4. They dared us to run and we couldn't do it.

Advertisement
Brock Huard called that game. He is the biggest idiot of them all. Pitt was playing shallow zones and there was ample opportunity to beat them deep, no doubt, and we missed them several times. But there is no excuse for not being able to see your QB struggling and just line up and pound out an ugly win against a 3-7 Pitt team that ranked 60th in run defense prior to that game. We had the worst rushing performance of all of Pitts 2017 opponents and they almost lost a game to Youngstown State.

Well you watched highlights so you obviously you got what was wrong. Not Richt who watched film. Not the announcers. You.

Slow down cupcake. Richt didn’t say they were forcing us to pass you said that. Announcers don’t even know who our players are half the time. You rambled off a mindless rhetoric that you can’t back up. That’s where we stand. You can continue to go after me, or you can simply back up your point with something statistical. That’s all I was asking for in the first place.

False. They played Cover 4/Quarters every single snap. Yes I know this is a coverage defense with run keys, but make no mistake...it drops 6 or 7 guys into coverage unless they SEE run. They were playing to take away the short and easy passes and defended the LOS with 4. They dared us to run and we couldn't do it.

And the pressure they were getting with those 4 was remarkable. Of course, considering pressure and the quality of the OL only plays a role in discussing consistent passers like Kaaya.

Advertisement
He led game-ending drives against FSU, GT, Cuse. Brought us back when we were down against UVA and Toledo.

Say what you want about him but he responded pretty well to pressure. He pumped up the crowd before nailing the door shut in Tallahassee.

He led game-ending drives against FSU, GT, Cuse. Brought us back when we were down against UVA and Toledo.

Say what you want about him but he responded pretty well to pressure. He pumped up the crowd before nailing the door shut in Tallahassee.

Great! ...without any doubt, he did that!!

Only problem is that...... NONE of those games should have even been close.

We had many opportunities to be far ahead in those games, .....IF we were consistently effective offensively throughout

It's good to know it's there IF you need it ....BUT I'd much rather NOT need it and beat the $#%@!! outta these guys

Sure a win is a win & I'm sure, some even like these close games against weaker opponents,.... I don't

Last edited:
OMG that's kinda scary & not a great sign for a QB of a top ranked team looking to be dominant

We're favored in most games....so he's saying Watch out because unless he's pushed, he may fall asleep at the wheel?

I'm sorry but I have difficulty with player's, especially QB's and team leaders that need to be constantly motivated to do their best. Give me someone who's driven anytime over that.

Maybe its best that Rosier doesn't give anymore interviews...he is his own worse enemy ( I didn't watch film, this etc etc)

Christ, did you watch any of the games? How is this news to you?

Advertisement
Great! ...without any doubt, he did that!!

Only problem is that...... NONE of those games should have even been close.

We had many opportunities to be far ahead in those games, .....IF we were consistently effective offensively throughout

It's good to know it's there IF you need it ....BUT I'd much rather NOT need it and beat the $#%@!! outta these guys

Sure a win is a win & I'm sure, some even like these close games against weaker opponents,.... I don't

While statistically you may be correct, saying that we should have won by more points or this game shouldn't have been close or that game shouldn't have been close is sort of nit picking. Technically we shouldn't have beaten ND like we did. Does Malik get credit for the win and the style? Of course not. You play the game to win. Period. If you're good/lucky enough to win with style you take it. If not you take the w and move on.

Exactly.

I think Richt went into the game with an aggressive game plan towards airing it out because of how Kaaya lit up Pitts secondary the previous year. Richt is a film guy. He had to think that the same opportunities were going to be there for Rosier, WHICH THEY WERE! Rosier just couldn't hit ****.

I don’t disagree with this take. For all the moronic rambling on this board about how conservative of a play caller Richt is, he was greedy in that Pitt game, and he stuck with a game plan that was not working long after it was obvious that Rosier was not going to win the game with his arm.

Advertisement
Naw living off the grid, so I'm just winging it man.

off-grid_1.jpg

While statistically you may be correct, saying that we should have won by more points or this game shouldn't have been close or that game shouldn't have been close is sort of nit picking. Technically we shouldn't have beaten ND like we did. Does Malik get credit for the win and the style? Of course not. You play the game to win. Period. If you're good/lucky enough to win with style you take it. If not you take the w and move on.

I hear ya Marc. In most of those comeback games we were heavy favorites and the offense was stalled and ineffective for most of the game then finally awoke and connected late in the games. That's not nit picking its fact.

As for ND that was as thorough a team *** whuppin as I've seen given, we scored in almost every way possible.

To answer your question, NO I don't give him credit for that win. But I do give him credit for BCU, Duke and the comebacks.

Simply stating that none of those games IMO should have even been close. I stand by that

Advertisement
Back