Equity

Advertisement
I'M over the Manny era. Why wasn't the team ready to play today? Why do Canes continue with the same stupid penalties that they've had since the first game? Get some discipline for God's sake. Where was the defense and why weren't they prepared? UNC came in like it was their super bowl and played like their hair was on fire...in our stadium!!! I'm beyond disgusted and embarrassed. What a horrible performance including probably losing a spot in the Orange Bowl game. Pathetic!

HIRE HUGH FRIEZE! SOMEONE WITH A PULSE!

We’ve been a paper tiger for much of the season. I was okay with that, and would’ve still thought it was a step forward with a close loss today. Like has been said, this loss negates any positives from the season. I have no doubt we lose our bowl game. Finishing 8-3 with embarrassing losses to any team with a pulse doesn’t make me any more optimistic

manny-diaz-miami-hurricanes.jpg

We did it!

Advertisement
I am really struggling to find any positive in the season now. No confidence the class sticks. What an awful ending to the season. I think some other programs would fire a HC after a loss like this to a middling conference opponent.
I have no confidence in this staff developing the commits that do remain, even Williams and Taylor.

UNC came into this game with a worse sack rate than us. Searels sucks. Our failure to sack Howell isn’t a credit to him, it’s an indictment of this defense.

to be fair they only had to pass like 5 times because Baker and Manny got out schemed so bad we gave up 15 yards every handoff

Herbstreit said it best. This game wipes away all of the equity Manny gained during the 2020 season. All of it. Mack Brown looked across the field and saw the guy he fired. This felt like Taysom Hill running for 295 yards against Texas. We’ve played two talented teams and gotten smoked both times. Nobody has any reason to believe in this program.

The scary thing is that UNC isn’t Clemson. They’re better in certain positions, but their overall talent is equal or inferior. Manny’s team just didn’t show up. Manny’s defense put up the worst performance in program history. Worse than anything we saw from Dorito. The LBs he recruited looked helpless. This was a dumb, sleepy and fragile performance in a must-win game. Baker will be a convenient target, and he may suck, but this loss falls entirely on the head coach.

This team is what the record says: a fringe Top 20 squad that beats the bad teams and gets destroyed by the real teams. We can build up our talent, but our consistent failure under the spotlight speaks to deeper issues.

Personnel-wise, the same things that killed us against Clemson showed up even worse tonight. We don’t have a split end that can make a contested catch. Wiggins runs posts and that’s it. He got bullied by a senior in high school. Our run defense is pathetic without Shaq and Pinckney, both of whom Manny inherited from Hurlie Brown. The interior linemen are average. Overall, this is the worst defense of the Manny era.

The only positive I can think of is that everyone should come back. But that doesn’t mean they will. This sucks.

No one is coming back. They already check out before this gane. Staff sucks but today everybody on defense quit.

Advertisement
Brother, I know that. But, a coaching change does produce a high level of commits who pull back from their pledge. Remember, Richards did that briefly before recommitting to CMR? What I'm saying it, we have to give CMR and staff credit for keeping Shaq and Pinckney committed after a coaching change.

Fair enough...but if we are questioning manny's ability to evaluate LB's then its fair to point out that he didn't recruit Shaq and Pinckney. They kept them after the coaching change. Mannys LB recruits haven't done much.

We beat every team were were supposed to be. Our only two losses are to two National Champion HOF coaches. Miami has take the next step and I am confident Manny is going to get us ready to take the last one.
The next step from giving up the most yards in the history of the sport? Baby steps I guess....

Fair enough...but if we are questioning manny's ability to evaluate LB's then its fair to point out that he didn't recruit Shaq and Pinckney. Mannys LB recruits haven't done much.
So here's my question.

The current LBs that we have: Brooks, Huff, Steed, Jennings, Cave, Flagg......all need a new coach or a replacement?

Advertisement
You know, Enos went to Cincy and they are good. Searles at UNC just whipped us. Maybe they weren't the problem. Hmmmm
UNC did lose to fsu tho... And they have 3 losses. It's not like they're great. Cincy is tho.

Advertisement
There isn't a single team in the ACC...

Not one...

That would've allowed UNCs offense to do what they did to us tonight.

I was willing to give Manny a final chance post season to divorce himself from the defense and make things right, but Im not convinced that'll be enough.

Guy just doesn't have "it". No one respects or fears him.

So you are saying:

1. Richt and his staff didn't recruit Shaq and Pinckney after Golden was fired? The night of Richt's hire, the staff was at Shaq's HS game sitting with his mother. I don't agree with that sentiment about Manny. There's much to complain about, but "inheriting" Shaq and Pinck ain't one of them.

2. Huff, Cave, Flagg, Steed, Jennings, Brooks, and co. are not good players on defense (since you are claiming Manny can't recruit LBs).

1. Of course manny and richt continued to recruit them. The point D is making is that they don’t necessarily get credit for identifying the kids.

2. Not sure what your point is. Are you saying that the LBs manny has recruited in 4+ years are good?

1. Of course manny and richt continued to recruit them. The point D is making is that they don’t necessarily get credit for identifying the kids.

2. Not sure what your point is. Are you saying that the LBs manny has recruited in 4+ years are good?
No, I called out a few of them on a different thread and got roasted for it. I think our current LBs stink. And some, like HUFF are busts.

Advertisement
Back