Equity

All smoke and mirrors. Just like he is. There are a lot of people on this board that know football and know what winning program and good football look like. We don’t have it. Without king and Jose, we are the same team as last year. Maybe worse. This was humiliating and demoralizing. We have a concrete ceiling on this program as long as he’s here but our cuck AD and BoT will see this year as a huge triumph: 8-2 during a pandemic. We are ****ed

Advertisement
Advertisement
How do you build the Miami Hurricanes into a consistent top 4 playoff contender?
They won’t ever. The sooner the 80s fans realize we’re not winning a title every year....the better. Miami has the potential to make a playoff run every few years if they have the right combination of coaches and players. But the idea this team is ever going to be a CONSISTENT title contender is not logical. We don’t have the resources, and we don’t have an administration that cares enough to support the program.

Last edited:
Herbstreit said it best. This game wipes away all of the equity Manny gained during the 2020 season. All of it. Mack Brown looked across the field and saw the guy he fired. This felt like Taysom Hill running for 295 yards against Texas. We’ve played two talented teams and gotten smoked both times. Nobody has any reason to believe in this program.

The scary thing is that UNC isn’t Clemson. They’re better in certain positions, but their overall talent is equal or inferior. Manny’s team just didn’t show up. Manny’s defense put up the worst performance in program history. Worse than anything we saw from Dorito. The LBs he recruited looked helpless. This was a dumb, sleepy and fragile performance in a must-win game. Baker will be a convenient target, and he may suck, but this loss falls entirely on the head coach.

This team is what the record says: a fringe Top 20 squad that beats the bad teams and gets destroyed by the real teams. We can build up our talent, but our consistent failure under the spotlight speaks to deeper issues.

Personnel-wise, the same things that killed us against Clemson showed up even worse tonight. We don’t have a split end that can make a contested catch. Wiggins runs posts and that’s it. He got bullied by a senior in high school. Our run defense is pathetic without Shaq and Pinckney, both of whom Manny inherited from Hurlie Brown. The interior linemen are average. Overall, this is the worst defense of the Manny era.

The only positive I can think of is that everyone should come back. But that doesn’t mean they will. This sucks.
Thanks for the honest write up, none of m need to hold our breathe at those underclassmen or seniors coming back!

Advertisement
778 yards... The most yards allowed by our D in the school history... Some guys on the staff gotta go.
some??? the majority need to go! They are just collecting some hefty paychecks for doing nothing.... you and I would of been fired as soon as we went into work the next day.

The point was he didn’t recruit him.

one of manny’s indictments are his recruiting fails at his position - LB. and his side of the ball, in general, recruiting has been sub standard
So you are saying:

1. Richt and his staff didn't recruit Shaq and Pinckney after Golden was fired? The night of Richt's hire, the staff was at Shaq's HS game sitting with his mother. I don't agree with that sentiment about Manny. There's much to complain about, but "inheriting" Shaq and Pinck ain't one of them.

2. Huff, Cave, Flagg, Steed, Jennings, Brooks, and co. are not good players on defense (since you are claiming Manny can't recruit LBs).

Advertisement
So you are saying:

1. Richt and his staff didn't recruit Shaq and Pinckney after Golden was fired? The night of Richt's hire, the staff was at Shaq's HS game sitting with his mother. I don't agree with that sentiment about Manny. There's much to complain about, but "inheriting" Shaq and Pinck ain't one of them.

2. Huff, Cave, Flagg, Steed, Jennings, Brooks, and co. are not good players on defense (since you are claiming Manny can't recruit LBs).
I hope you relapse

Baker will gets fired for this but it runs deeper. LB and CB recruiting has been putrid and nobody as paid for it. Manny has shown no accountability with players or coaches. UNC is probably more talented than us and definitely better coached then us.

Advertisement
Imagine if he had kept Enos this year....Lashlee struggles against any real defensive strategy but at least he was an upgrade.

just an awful game.
This! I love the new scheme - noted - but lashlee isn't doing anything against real teams. Defense isn't the thing that failed today and vs Clemson.

Advertisement
Back