Equity

So here's my question.

The current LBs that we have: Brooks, Huff, Steed, Jennings, Cave, Flagg......all need a new coach or a replacement?

Those choices are not mutually exclusive.
Absolutely they need a new coach. Maybe some of our LB can be salvaged. Mannys scheme doesn't help them at all. People on this site thar really really know about this stuff have beem baffled by mannys LB recruiting for years. They liked last years but they can't figure out what traits he is looking for.

Advertisement
Dmoney off the bandwagon quick. He’s just playing the result.
I was never on or off any bandwagon. I’m describing what I’m seeing.

This was a brutal loss that raises serious questions. We’ve made real progress in beating bad teams. Both things are true.

The question is whether we are capable of reaching the next level. This game raises some bright red flags in that regard.

No, I called out a few of them on a different thread and got roasted for it. I think our current LBs stink. And some, like HUFF are busts.

gotcha. I honestly don’t like any of our LBs except brooks. Huff is curious - he’s a dog and a great athlete so he’s intriguing. I don’t see it with 18/11.

I am really struggling to find any positive in the season now. No confidence the class sticks. What an awful ending to the season. I think some other programs would fire a HC after a loss like this to a middling conference opponent.

Just wait until Wednesday expect lot of bad news.. as usual every year.

Advertisement
They won’t ever. The sooner the 80s fans realize we’re not winning a title every year....the better. Miami has the potential to make a playoff run every few years if they have the right combination of coaches and players. But the idea this team is ever going to be a CONSISTENT title contender is not logical. We don’t have the resources, and we don’t have an administration that cares enough to support the program.
We can be a consistent contender; we won't be one because we don't have the above bolded part of your statement.

Blake James et al.

I refuse to believe that the primary reason why 3 of the 5 members of the defensive staff aren't P5 caliber is simply because Manny wanted to hire his friends. I think that's a comforting narrative this fanbase has to tell themselves because they can't accept the reality that SIGNIFICANT structural issues are plaguing this program.

They won’t ever. The sooner the 80s fans realize we’re not winning a title every year....the better. Miami has the potential to make a playoff run every few years if they have the right combination of coaches and players. But the idea this team is ever going to be a CONSISTENT title contender is not logical. We don’t have the resources, and we don’t have an administration that cares enough to support the program.

L before W. Isn't that what the BOT says

Advertisement
We beat bad teams bc of our transfer QB and new kicker.

Manny deserves credit for that, but the rest of the program has not improved at all. The defense is as bad as it has ever been. The run game stinks, the penalties are shameful, we don’t block punts or return the ball well.

We played an even softer schedule this year, and beat teams with significantly less talent.

The two legit teams we played beat us as badly as any of the worst Randy or Golden teams got beat.

manny is a lame duck coach and most of us have know it from day 1. Baker is in over his head and the rest of the staph isn’t even P5 quality. Any team with a pulse whipped them this year.

The transfers have covered up all the mistakes over the last 5 years and it still isn’t enough.

whole deference staff should be fired but it really doesn’t matter. I’ve come to terms with the fact that Miami will never be a powerhouse ever again.
Doctor Who Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Hence why bring in Highsmith was important imo. Decent season but the lack of accountability is alarming. Lashlee need to figure out a better run scheme.
Are there people still riding Highsmith's nuts?

The dude was in the front office of the worst NFL team outside of detroit lmao

Advertisement
We beat every team were were supposed to be. Our only two losses are to two National Champion HOF coaches. Miami has take the next step and I am confident Manny is going to get us ready to take the last one.
One year later, I’ll ask you the same question:

Do you support CoRch Manny Díaz and his staphylococcus?

Advertisement
Back