Equity

Herbstreit said it best. This game wipes away all of the equity Manny gained during the 2020 season. Mack Brown looked across the field and saw the guy he fired. This felt like Taysom Hill running for 295 yards against Texas. We’ve played two talented teams and gotten smoked both times. Nobody has any reason to believe in this program.

The scary thing is that UNC isn’t Clemson. They’re better in certain positions, but their overall talent is equal or inferior. Manny’s team just didn’t show up. Manny’s defense put up the worst performance in program history. Worse than anything we saw from Dorito. The LBs he recruited looked helpless. This was a dumb, sleepy and fragile performance in a must-win game. Baker will be a convenient target, and he may suck, but this loss falls entirely on the head coach.

This team is what the record says: a fringe Top 20 squad that beats the bad teams and gets destroyed by the real teams. We can build up our talent, but our consistent failure under the spotlight speaks to deeper issues.

Personnel-wise, the same things that killed us against Clemson showed up even worse tonight. We don’t have a split end that can make a contested catch. Wiggins runs posts and that’s it. He got bullied by a senior in high school. Our run defense is pathetic without Shaq and Pinckney, both of whom Manny inherited from Hurlie Brown. The interior linemen are average. Overall, this is the worst defense of the Manny era.

The only positive I can think of is that everyone should come back. But that doesn’t mean they will. This sucks.

Why would you even WANT them back?

Advertisement
Step 1 fire baker rumph
Step 2 hire Don Brown ,T-Rob
Step 3 bags bags and more bags. Get T2 and the USC LB. Rest of the LBs are backups at best. Throw enough money at Maason Smith to make Bama blush.

UNC has been caught cheating a bunch of times. That shows me they will do anything it takes to win. Miami looks like it
is content to run a clean program and win a few games.

Advertisement
Strike 1 was FIU. Today was strikes 2 and 3.
No way. Strike 1 was 4th and 17, strike 2 was almost losing to Central Michigan, strike 3 was Ga Tech, strike 4 was FIU, strike 5 was Duke, strike 6 was being shut out by La Tech, strike 7 was today, strike 8 will be if he doesn’t fire Baker right away, and strike 9 will be the immaculate inning when Miami gets rolled in the bowl game.

I refuse to believe that the primary reason why 3 of the 5 members of the defensive staff aren't P5 caliber is simply because Manny wanted to hire his friends. I think that's a comforting narrative this fanbase has to tell themselves because they can't accept the reality that SIGNIFICANT structural issues are plaguing this program.
Look at the changing results as coordinators change. Manny vs Dno. Lashlee vs, Enos. Huge turnarounds resulting from coordinator changes.

Advertisement
Look at the changing results as coordinators change. Manny vs Dno. Lashlee vs, Enos. Huge turnarounds resulting from coordinator changes.

Yeah, but how do we know he didn't hire these individuals because of salary constraints for his staff? He decided to allocate the majority of the budget towards Offense, which was the right thing to do. In the process it made his side of the ball significantly weaker overall

Last edited:
Advertisement
Herbstreit said it best. This game wipes away all of the equity Manny gained during the 2020 season. Mack Brown looked across the field and saw the guy he fired. This felt like Taysom Hill running for 295 yards against Texas. We’ve played two talented teams and gotten smoked both times. Nobody has any reason to believe in this program.

The scary thing is that UNC isn’t Clemson. They’re better in certain positions, but their overall talent is equal or inferior. Manny’s team just didn’t show up. Manny’s defense put up the worst performance in program history. Worse than anything we saw from Dorito. The LBs he recruited looked helpless. This was a dumb, sleepy and fragile performance in a must-win game. Baker will be a convenient target, and he may suck, but this loss falls entirely on the head coach.

This team is what the record says: a fringe Top 20 squad that beats the bad teams and gets destroyed by the real teams. We can build up our talent, but our consistent failure under the spotlight speaks to deeper issues.

Personnel-wise, the same things that killed us against Clemson showed up even worse tonight. We don’t have a split end that can make a contested catch. Wiggins runs posts and that’s it. He got bullied by a senior in high school. Our run defense is pathetic without Shaq and Pinckney, both of whom Manny inherited from Hurlie Brown. The interior linemen are average. Overall, this is the worst defense of the Manny era.

The only positive I can think of is that everyone should come back. But that doesn’t mean they will. This sucks.
Fire baker and hire Muschamp

People on this board are going to ignorantly spend the next 8-9 months yelling for Manny and Blake Baker's head.

I hope by now many of you understand where your wrath should be directed. Our un-athletic director is among the worst in the industry and was NEVER qualified to hold that title in the first place.

Incompetent AD leads to bad coaching hires which leads to losing games you should win which leads to underperforming in recruiting. It's a never ending cycle if left as-is.

Every time you feel the need to ***** about something, re-read that last sentence I just typed. The problem starts at the top...the time for sticking band-aids on the cracks in the dam need to be at an end.

Make your voice heard. That's all I can say as a 35 plus year die hard Cane fan and supporter. I've done my part and voiced my opinion to every single person involved with the administration that I come in contact with. I know I'm not the only person on this message board that comes in contact with these clowns during the normal course of business either. If you really CARE, then make yourself heard.

Blake JAMES should be fired

mr rogers clown GIF

Advertisement
D$‘ pod “I’m Not Going to Do It” was a classic, but I wish I didn’t do it. Don’t ever buy the hype on this trash *** program.

Advertisement
Back