Equity

the worse linebacker and safety play i have ever ever seen against the run! we're weak up the middle....tackle, linebacker, and safety, until we fix that we will never have a chance against the big boys.....real talk
We also need better coaching real talk. Even with level of talent any truly skilled and progressive coach could get more out of our defensive roster.

Advertisement
Equal talent to Clemson...haha miss me with that..

These clowns lost to FSU,UVA, were not in it against ND...

They are a 'fringe top 20-30' team in a full season. We are not....

Imagine if he had kept Enos this year....Lashlee struggles against any real defensive strategy but at least he was an upgrade.

just an awful game.
All smoke and mirrors. Just like he is. There are a lot of people on this board that know football and know what winning program and good football look like. We don’t have it. Without king and Jose, we are the same team as last year. Maybe worse. This was humiliating and demoralizing. We have a concrete ceiling on this program as long as he’s here but our cuck AD and BoT will see this year as a huge triumph: 8-2 during a pandemic. We are ****ed
I came here before the season and stated we had to tear down the entire house and rebuild the foundation of Miami Hurricane football. The guy to do the job was Alonzo Highsmith to rebuild the program from the ground up. His AD would have been Gino Torretta, a VP of the Gabelli Corp, owner of Touchdown Radio and highly respected in the college football world.
Manny and Blake panicked, couldn’t take the heat, and hired Ed as nothing more than a publicity stunt. No disrespect to Ed, but he has no knowledge about rebuilding a deeply flawed program. Tried to explain to you folks what a real football ops department is all about as I have a nephew at Ohio State high up in the Buckeye program and the morons here accused me of being a Buckeye fan. Our program is not close and until the university and BOT decide to make some serious changes, the Canes are finished. Today was a total embarrassment from the top down.

Advertisement
You cant have a record setting performance like this and maintain the status quo. You just cant
Conceited GIF by memecandy

Advertisement
I’ve been saying this for years. This team, in this area, needs an Alpha! A real hard ***. Theses BS penalties, the same mistakes over and over and over again. It’s a culture issue. A culture issue that can be coached out.

There isn't a single team in the ACC...

Not one...

That would've allowed UNCs offense to do what they did to us tonight.

I was willing to give Manny a final chance post season to divorce himself from the defense and make things right, but Im not convinced that'll be enough.

Guy just doesn't have "it". No one respects or fears him.

You clearly haven't been watching this year then b/c UNC put up over 600 yds against 4 ACC teams NOT NAMED MIAMI this year.

Herbstreit said it best. This game wipes away all of the equity Manny gained during the 2020 season. Mack Brown looked across the field and saw the guy he fired. This felt like Taysom Hill running for 295 yards against Texas. We’ve played two talented teams and gotten smoked both times. Nobody has any reason to believe in this program.

The scary thing is that UNC isn’t Clemson. They’re better in certain positions, but their overall talent is equal or inferior. Manny’s team just didn’t show up. Manny’s defense put up the worst performance in program history. Worse than anything we saw from Dorito. The LBs he recruited looked helpless. This was a dumb, sleepy and fragile performance in a must-win game. Baker will be a convenient target, and he may suck, but this loss falls entirely on the head coach.

This team is what the record says: a fringe Top 20 squad that beats the bad teams and gets destroyed by the real teams. We can build up our talent, but our consistent failure under the spotlight speaks to deeper issues.

Personnel-wise, the same things that killed us against Clemson showed up even worse tonight. We don’t have a split end that can make a contested catch. Wiggins runs posts and that’s it. He got bullied by a senior in high school. Our run defense is pathetic without Shaq and Pinckney, both of whom Manny inherited from Hurlie Brown. The interior linemen are average. Overall, this is the worst defense of the Manny era.

The only positive I can think of is that everyone should come back. But that doesn’t mean they will. This sucks.
I don't want to rehash stuff that's been said. For almost 20 years, we've objectively stunk, and the fan-base, like a battered spouse, gets hopeful every time there's a smile and a crumb. But in our hearts, deep down, we know - know - that you can't build a great cfb team when your leader isn't real and your infrastructure isn't committed. We do not have a legit HC, nor a legit staff. We do not have an admin that cares. If anything, they want this. No one can claim to be flustered or flummoxed by any of this. We haven't tried to hire a real coach since we gave the job to Coker. We've continually **** the bed with delusional hires that were driven by agenda and narrative not analysis.

There's nothign anyone can do to save Manny, because he's not a head coach. How long he stays here ... no idea. He won't get fired off this season but anyone paying attention should know he's not going to succeed here.

WR and LB recruiting have been brutal. It doesn't do that much to have a few nfl players here or there when we have entire units that just can't do what's needed. Been trying to say this for years and years now.

New coach, new staff, new CULTURE.

Advertisement
You clearly haven't been watching this year then b/c UNC put up over 600 yds against 4 ACC teams NOT NAMED MIAMI this year.
And that would still be almost 200 yards less than what they did to us.

Also, let me know if they dropped 60 on those teams...

Had 1 300 Yard Rusher...

1 200 yard rusher...

1 150 yard receiver...

One of those games where they put up 600 was a loss where they were coming from a large deficit.

Step 1 fire baker rumph
Step 2 hire Don Brown ,T-Rob
Step 3 bags bags and more bags. Get T2 and the USC LB. Rest of the LBs are backups at best. Throw enough money at Maason Smith to make Bama blush.

UNC has been caught cheating a bunch of times. That shows me they will do anything it takes to win. Miami looks like it
is content to run a clean program and win a few games.
Blake and co. consider this season a success.

Advertisement
Every time we think we've seen "the low point," something like this happens. This will happen again after we fatten up on a bunch of bad teams.

Will anyone other than a low level staffer be held accountable? Blake James has had his chance and failed miserably. Time to find someone who can do the job and hire the people who can succeed.

Slurp King D$ just can’t come out & say that Manny needs to be eradicated for this program to move forward. Some things never change!

BE97B213-F055-44CC-89AB-38C3152E3E0B.jpeg

Yeah, but how do we know he didn't hire these individuals because of salary constraints for his staff? He decided to allocate the majority of the budget towards Offense, which was the right thing to do. In the process it made his side of the ball significantly weaker overall
Based on what we know, money hasn’t been the issue. Decision making has been.

We beat every team were were supposed to be. Our only two losses are to two National Champion HOF coaches. Miami has take the next step and I am confident Manny is going to get us ready to take the last one.
How is this clown a mod here?

Advertisement
Back