Encouraging quote about Flagg

Just rained on my parade lol

Didn't mean to but I'm still upset that Baker is here coaching LBs after what we saw this year. Good news is McCloud is a DE so Baker can't play him every game despite how horrible he was. We will be better just on that alone. Hopefully the light comes on for Cave or Huff or Brooks.

Advertisement
Are we saying this is good? Just trying to get context.

Shaq is in the NFL and Pinck is a borderline NFL player. So yes, compared to the Group of 5 talent we had manning the position last season, it's good.

I've presented a lot of data comparing Manny calling the plays vs Baker calling the plays, and there is a very discernable difference. However, "Manny's scheme" has been in place for 5 years now. 4 of them had 55 and 56 in the middle of the defense. The 5th had a bunch of guys who belong at FIU. I don't think it's coincidental that the one with the FIU guys performed far worse than any of the other 4.

Advertisement
I’m rooting like **** for this kid. Not getting a Spring and injuries stunted his first year. He knows where to be and can diagnose plays quickly. If he dedicates himself to the offseason he’ll be our starter in the middle and I think he’ll be a good one.

Shaq is in the NFL and Pinck is a borderline NFL player. So yes, compared to the Group of 5 talent we had manning the position last season, it's good.

I've presented a lot of data comparing Manny calling the plays vs Baker calling the plays, and there is a very discernable difference. However, "Manny's scheme" has been in place for 5 years now. 4 of them had 55 and 56 in the middle of the defense. The 5th had a bunch of guys who belong at FIU. I don't think it's coincidental that the one with the FIU guys performed far worse than any of the other 4.
My question is does better than dogsht equate to good? You are implying that because what we had last year was gross that it raises the appearance of what we had prior. Shaq and Pinckney were serviceable at best. Neither stood out both made impactful plays. I can think of actual good LBs that played at Miami lets be real.

Advertisement
My question is does better than dogsht equate to good? You are implying that because what we had last year was gross that it raises the appearance of what we had prior. Shaq and Pinckney were serviceable at best. Neither stood out both made impactful plays. I can think of actual good LBs that played at Miami lets be real.

Not a lot of guys who don't stand out get drafted in the 4th round of an NFL draft.

No, he wasn't Dan Morgan or Jon Vilma.

Yes, he was much more than serviceable.

**** the fvck yes he was much better than whatever in the ******* world 44 was doing out there last year.

Novel concept but better players play better. Better players playing better produce better results.

He can be another shaq/pickney i would still get the guy from USC

Gaoteote is originally from Hawaii, went to Bishop Gorman in Vegas and chose USC over Ohio State—Miami was never on his radar.

Canes should definitely pursue—and maybe the Martell, Jordan, Bolden trio can sway the kid to come east—but he hasn't shown any interest in Miami to date. He's hardly UM's to lose, at this rate.

Advertisement
Not a lot of guys who don't stand out get drafted in the 4th round of an NFL draft.

No, he wasn't Dan Morgan or Jon Vilma.

Yes, he was much more than serviceable.

**** the fvck yes he was much better than whatever in the ******* world 44 was doing out there last year.

Novel concept but better players play better. Better players playing better produce better results.
Bruh, I was slightly better than 44, while sitting on my couch with a beer in my hands.

It's from another site (Inside the U), but it confirms what I've thought about him, "According to PFF, Flagg graded out as UM’s best tackler on the season and didn’t miss a single tackle during the 206 defensive snaps he earned."

They go onto to say that even though he's kind of limited physically, his instincts are so good to go along with his tackling, that if S&C can get him a "tick faster" he can be a really effective CFB LB. Totally agree and I don't know what his physical ceiling is, but if he puts in the work, it's hard for me to believe that he can't shave some time off his shuttle and his 40. Excited to see what he can do this season.
Flagg can tackle and tackle exceptionally well, but these days as a LB it’s more than that and a ton of pass coverage is needed also. But he will be a solid player

Advertisement

1st team all ACC linebackers are now serviceable

Lmfao. You’re not only an insufferable mope, you’re also completely clueless

Last edited:
1st all ACC linebackers are now serviceable

Lmfao. You’re not only an insufferable mope, you’re also cluelessness.
I wish they handed out banned for incompetence you make it hard to open this site.

Advertisement
Back