Encouraging quote about Flagg

Agreed. Didn't know much about him when he came here, but once he was on the field, he showed by far the best instincts of any of the LBs, and was in the right place to make a play more often than the others.
10 yards down the field. This is not picking on you, and not even on him- he is a kid..but he really only made a few plays all year. The rest of his supposedly great plays were tackling dudes after big gains. I do not know when this became something that our fan base celebrates. It's weird.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Flagg should be a quality backup. I’m not sure how fast he will ever be at 5’10. Bolden led the team in tackles. That says all you need to know about our LBs. The bigger issue is there’s at least 10 LBs on the roster for 2 starting spots. Maybe more depending on where a couple guys end up like Smith and Davis. In correlation, there’s 14 DLs for 4 starting spots. Yes, I’m counting McCloud as a LB because I’m not buying he’s a DE yet. We will turn into FSU at CB with a huge surplus at one position taking more LBs. There’s already a surplus. That’s exactly why we aren’t taking more guys there. It’s time Huff, Brooks, and Steed start being coached up. I don’t believe a guy like Huff couldn’t at least be a Jermaine Grace type player for us. They were top LB recruits in the state. More bodies there isn’t the answer unless the NCAA increases the ICs and we push guys out. Manny seems to be letting everyone come back so I don’t see it happening.

I was excited for him after that Clemson game but after he did register a tackle in the UNC game and I don't remember much from the Ok St game, I am off the Flagg train. Can't have that as a LB
He had one tackle against Clemson and was the goods?

Had no tackles against UNC when everything on D was terrible and he’s written off?

Advertisement
He had one tackle against Clemson and was the goods?

Had no tackles against UNC when everything on D was terrible and he’s written off?
Def thought he more tackles than that and was in on more plays. Might be thinking of a different game. Either way tho, not encouraged

He was the best of a terrible bunch. That’s not saying much. He showed more promise in limited time as a freshman than anybody else at his position so that’s encouraging. We really need Huff or Austin Cave to make a jump and start at the other linebacker position. Brooks is just another Pat Joyner. A tiny high school defensive end who has no instincts at LB. it seems we finally moved on from recruiting 180 lb pass rushers and trying to convert them to traditional linebackers.

Didn't miss a tackle but did make poor reads and got beat to the sideline. He is a freshman and another year in S&C, studying tape and getting acclimated to college offenses will definitely help him. I do expect him to make a big step forward this year and be the guy in the middle that is reliable. This kid has that chip on his shoulder.

Advertisement
way too slow...remember when our linebackers use to be able to run sideline to sideline???? You guys trying waaay to hard to bring positives out of dudes.Of course you need more then speed to be successful but untill we have linebackers that can run our defense will continue to struggle against top teams. He is a fine linebacker for the Duke's and Pittsburghs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
PFF isn’t a reliable source. You could let someone run by you and as long as you make no attempt to tackle, they don’t count it against you. What they won’t say is how he gets lost in the wash and isn’t ever in position to make tackles like the rest of our backers.
Yeah, and if you run a 4.3 40 but run the wrong **** way, you also don't miss a tackle.

Advertisement
Back