Encouraging OL stat

Zion is one of the most promising young LTs in the country. There is no reason to think he won’t grow.

Donaldson has always been a road grader at guard. He just had conditioning and technical issues. He seems to be focused. Scaife has been solid at tackle and is pushing Williams who was a good pass blocker last year. Ri

Clark had to play way too early and has had ups and downs. He should get much better as he matures physically. Traore and Campbell are backups with game experience who are maturing physically as well.

All that adds up for a reason to be optimistic. More than anything, the guys are focused and working hard when before there was a lot of criticism for their focus and effort. The mental change in that room will improve those guys more than anything else.

Get Gaynor on the deer antler spray and “supplements” and we ******!
I like it man, I will hold off on the celebration until they show me on the field but that is good stuff and something to look forward too. 2 years ago we had the equivalent of 5 broken parking meters out there, so we are getting better

Advertisement
How?

Scaife and Clark/Traore have been replaced by Donaldson and Rivers.Scaife is battling for the RT because he is a better run blocker than Williams. Gaynor is the only weak link. Rivers is unknown but has physical traits that had people high on his potential to contribute early.

Donaldson is going to be one of the most dominant run blockers in college football. As long as Rivers is at least solid, we will be ok. Centers can be helped in a zone run game. We just have to pray Gaynor can stalemate guys on pass plays and not get pushed into King’s lap.

If it wasn’t for Gaynor’s lack of raw strength, I would say this is the best oline since the early 2000s. I wish somebody stronger could have won that spot. King likes to climb the pocket and attack the line up the middle more than scrambling outside. Too often last year he was getting flushed outside or climbing into a collapsed pocket. Fixing that makes us an incredibly dangerous offense.
Best o line since the early 2000’s.... You legitimately can’t be serious.

Best o line since the early 2000’s.... You legitimately can’t be serious.

We have taken a lot of lumps because poor recruiting forced us to play guys way too early. Those failures have left a bad taste in people’s mouth, but these guys are growing and the is a more serious and dedicated attitude in the room since the days of guys clowning around with McKinnie.

Read what I said. I didn’t say they were the best line since then. I said I would call them that if Gaynor was stronger. With the projected growth and having the right guys in the right spots, a strong Gaynor makes this the best line we have had in a long time.

I like it man, I will hold off on the celebration until they show me on the field but that is good stuff and something to look forward too. 2 years ago we had the equivalent of 5 broken parking meters out there, so we are getting better

We had to start TWO freshmen against high sec draft prospects.

We gon watch them young pups nuts drop this year and they gon skeet skeet all over college football!

Plus it’s the offseason. We improved from 2019 to 2020. Why should we stop improving? If you can’t feel good about your teams chances in the offseason when there ARE reasons to be hopeful, what’s the point?

Moping doesn’t make loses hurt any less, at least not for me.

Advertisement
We had to start TWO freshmen against high sec draft prospects.

We gon watch them young pups nuts drop this year and they gon skeet skeet all over college football!

Plus it’s the offseason. We improved from 2019 to 2020. Why should we stop improving? If you can’t feel good about your teams chances in the offseason when there ARE reasons to be hopeful, what’s the point?

Moping doesn’t make loses hurt any less, at least not for me.
I have been disappointed for almost 20 years now, I try to do the opposite of this board and not crown teams/players until I see it.

That is one of the biggest problems here, too quick to crown and they they cry because expectations they made are not met. I'm not saying you, you make good points about the OL, but overall it happens here way too often.

Have you ever been to a sports bar that doesnt have any hot young blondes with perky **** only middle age women with damaged hair and scratchy cigarette voices. That miami's OL

I’m not planning to fück anybody on the O-Line, I just want them to hold their blocks and get push and make holes for the running backs. Otherwise, yeah I’d be worried.

No argument here outside of I think our interior players are still weak even as they mature. I’m confident in tackle play. Concerned on push inside
The guards will be Donaldson and Rivers so there’s an immediate upgrade in power over Scaife and Clark. Gaynor may still be a liability but center is a spot where you’re usually helping a guard and not being counted on to handle a guy heads up. Especially since most teams don’t play a massive 0 technique nose tackle.

The guards will be Donaldson and Rivers so there’s an immediate upgrade in power over Scaife and Clark. Gaynor may still be a liability but center is a spot where you’re usually helping a guard and not being counted on to handle a guy heads up. Especially since most teams don’t play a massive 0 technique nose tackle.
Most don't but I expect DJ Dale's big *** to knock Gaynor into the backfield Week 1 unless he got stronger

Advertisement
We have taken a lot of lumps because poor recruiting forced us to play guys way too early. Those failures have left a bad taste in people’s mouth, but these guys are growing and the is a more serious and dedicated attitude in the room since the days of guys clowning around with McKinnie.

Read what I said. I didn’t say they were the best line since then. I said I would call them that if Gaynor was stronger. With the projected growth and having the right guys in the right spots, a strong Gaynor makes this the best line we have had in a long time.
Sorry misread. Agreed on gaynor. Also not sure what Donaldson we see, hoping for best.

al Golden’s/Kehoes lines were STOUT. 2013 we had 5 legit nfl guys

Most don't but I expect DJ Dale's big *** to knock Gaynor into the backfield Week 1 unless he got stronger
That’s going to be a challenge. Going heads up on an Alabama nose tackle is a nightmare for any center. I’m going to hope/assume that Lashlee and Justice will game plan for this because there’s no way they can expect Gaynor to handle him 1 on 1.

Yeah for whatever reason our fans hate our oline. I think it's just etched in their brains from years past. This is the best unit in the ACC laughingly.
tenor.gif

Advertisement
So, to summarize, this could either prove meaningful or it could end up being one of the most useless stats ever recorded.

Let’s see what Justice can do with all of these guys who have been in the program forever.
I don’t think it’s a useless stat. It’s important, just not the whole story. Talent matters, too. But for any given level of talent, experience sure adds a lot.

I have been disappointed for almost 20 years now, I try to do the opposite of this board and not crown teams/players until I see it.

That is one of the biggest problems here, too quick to crown and they they cry because expectations they made are not met. I'm not saying you, you make good points about the OL, but overall it happens here way too often.

Yeah I feel you, but most of our problems have been from bad coaching.

We have had too many stubborn coaches that did not prepare for the team they actually had.

Every team outside the handful of elite teams have strengths and weaknesses. The overachieving programs have coaches who develop an identity for their team based on what the players they have can actually do. We have underachieved because we do the opposite and force philosophies that don’t fit our players.

As much as I dislike the fundamental flaws of the Diaz defense, it gets the job done against most opponents.

I like Lashlee, but was disappointed with his lack of rhythmic, drop back short passing, especially between the hashes. But the spring game has me hopeful that Lashlee is committed to growing the passing concepts he learned at SMU.

That quick short passing game is the key to potent modern offense. That trying to out-athlete your opponent **** doesn’t work anymore.

Think about it. Clemson is a pedigreed multinational championship team and the 2nd best program in the country. They out-recruited us for elite talent and productive role players. They were better than us. Did they come out and try to out-athlete us with predictable playcalling? Nope! They out-schemed is and put us on skates with a misdirection short passing game.

All success boils down to coaching. Getting the right guys and designing the right systems. Even Saban went to a high octane attack, and he would win every game 3-0 if he thought he could.

It’s 2021 and stubborn coaching don’t get you nothing but blood thirsty fans and a trip to the unemployment office.

We have a chance to field a 2-deep with a combined 40 years of experience, while redshirting every freshman OL (Including Rivers) to set us up for years to come. Our fans ejaculate whenever Rivers is mentioned but slapping a RS on each of the OL who's arrived since 2020 is the logical move.

Williams sr/6
Donaldson sr/4
Gaynor sr/4
Herbert sr/4
Hillery sr/4
Scaife sr/3
Reed jr/3
Griffith jr/3
Campbell jr/3
Traore jr/3
Nelson so/2
Clark so/2

RS: Rivers, Walker, Washington, Seymore, Rodriguez, McLaughlin

Depth chart:

LT Nelson / Campbell
LG Donaldson / Traore
C Gaynor / Clark / Griffith
RG Scaife / Reed / Hillery
RT Williams / Herbert
So you're gonna redshirt Rivers for a 2nd year in a row? That's not how kids work these days and he would be in the portal with the quickness.

Advertisement
I still remember a couple of years ago when the morons on this site were ****ting all over Zion Nelson when we unfairly asked an underweight freshman to come in and be a left tackle from day 1. Myself and others on this board reminded everyone it was WAAYYYYY too early to give up on him and that he exhibited athletic traits that showed promise.

So yeah, I just read Todd McShay's "Way too early 2022 mock draft" and he has Zion Nelson going FIFTH OVERALL in the first round next year. Let's not waste this kid while we have him and put together a good season eh?

On one hand, you want experience and depth. On the other, what happens when that experience belongs to guys that aren’t very good? 😂 Will Anderson and his 13 starts won’t give a single **** about any of our guys and their 40
Lmao. Facts!

So you're gonna redshirt Rivers for a 2nd year in a row? That's not how kids work these days and he would be in the portal with the quickness.
Redshirt him unless he outright wins a starting job, which I'm skeptical of because I think the staff will play favorites/vets. Remember, he could still play in 4 games while retaining his eligibility.

Advertisement
Back