Emerson Crystal ball flipped From MSU to The New Miami

Advertisement
I just don’t get this unless we have some transfers already on board we don’t know about. I’m not going to do a full breakdown but there are always spots. You cut dead weight.

Agreed. I wish they would help Knowles find a new opportunity. I remember Manny speaking very highly of Knowles during Spring and Fall camp and then when the games come around we might as well be playing with a cone out there instead of him. I don't see Manny pushing some of the guys that are taking up spots (Martin and Knowles). Hope I am wrong.

Advertisement
Ivins last night said its more from Miami's side because numbers are getting tight.

How the f**k are numbers tight yet you are renewing Crispan Atkins scholly for a 2nd season?

We drop Brothers, back off Emerson, drop Boykin...yet are handing out schollies like candy to walk ons...and renewing Atkins from last year? (And i’m not against giving an occasional walk on a scholly)

Why bring this kid for a 2nd ov?

Hope he isn’t tight with Washington...I imagine he is.

Advertisement
UM recruiting is so frustrating...some of those 247 Crystal Ball guys NEVER MISS. But they somehow miss when the CB someone to UM.

I didn't get that Ivins said it's more from UM's side. He said he didn't know what was up completely with Emerson and that UM was tight on numbers. He didn't rule out that the kid may want to stay closer to home, etc. Just said it could be a combination of both and that the end result remains to be seen.

He seems to believe Miami is still in it for Christian Williams and Pickens.

How the f**k are numbers tight yet you are renewing Crispan Atkins scholly for a 2nd season?

We drop Brothers, back off Emerson, drop Boykin...yet are handing out schollies like candy to walk ons...and renewing Atkins from last year? (And i’m not against giving an occasional walk on a scholly)

Why bring this kid for a 2nd ov?

Hope he isn’t tight with Washington...I imagine he is.

I never understood the giving walk ons scholarships before the class is closed out. I get it’s great for team bonding or whatever but that’s for what, 10 minutes?

I’d rather have a recruit come in then a walk on that won’t contribute in any meaningful way.

Advertisement

From Mississippi State 247 insider, Paul Jones:

“And for the gravy on top - And lastly today, on Wednesday I sent some messages to Mississippi State commit and 247Sports three-star cornerback Martin Emerson of Pine Forest (Fla.) High School and also reached out to other sources at his school. As you know, Emerson has now officially visited Miami twice and for awhile, things were trending in that direction. But as Steve also mentioned, that has changed some this week following another good in-home visit with Bulldog assistant Terrell Buckley and one key factor is his opportunity to play under Buckley. He is expected to unofficially visit Mississippi State this Saturday and if those plans hold, that would be a pretty good turn of events for this class, especially with the defensive backs board.”

Advertisement
From Mississippi State 247 insider, Paul Jones:

“And for the gravy on top - And lastly today, on Wednesday I sent some messages to Mississippi State commit and 247Sports three-star cornerback Martin Emerson of Pine Forest (Fla.) High School and also reached out to other sources at his school. As you know, Emerson has now officially visited Miami twice and for awhile, things were trending in that direction. But as Steve also mentioned, that has changed some this week following another good in-home visit with Bulldog assistant Terrell Buckley and one key factor is his opportunity to play under Buckley. He is expected to unofficially visit Mississippi State this Saturday and if those plans hold, that would be a pretty good turn of events for this class, especially with the defensive backs board.”

That's being out-recruited.

Advertisement
Back