Emerson Crystal ball flipped From MSU to The New Miami

He's not a cb and hasn't been recruited as such. I really don't know why Frierson remains at cb...he may not for long though. Frierson is more athletic than him.He may have more height and weight coming in.

I liked both prospects a lot.
I'm just giving my opinion based on what I've read in this thread bro......some prolly think hes being recruited as a cb based on his multiple recruiting profiles......even dmoney said he's a safety (see post above) .....we all know DBs can be recruited as cb or s depends on scheme or what a coach sees in the player.....Emerson reminds me more of Carter than Frierson......both are box types it's easy to see ...Frierson is definitely a hybrid capable playing cb at the college level imo.....correct me if I'm wrong the staff gave him high praises at cb......we may need him to play some snaps cb depth is much weaker than safety....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
**** dat boi ugly

1548453600512.png

Advertisement
Good call. I didn't realize he was as big as he is until seeing that Rivals camp video.

I can see him at safety with the way he fills the alley and gets downhill, but his versatility works at striker, too.

Way back, I was not in on Emerson. Really wondered why we would go to the boondocks to recruit a safety. After the film though...these types of jumbo DBs aren't really available down here. I ended up really loving his versatility. These are the types of recruits, IMO, you go after later in the process. Guys like Emerson (or as I've said in previous threads, OC Brothers), are the types of players that legit play everywhere in High School...so they are jack of all trades types. They don't absolutely stand out at any spot and are projections.

Its why they are 3* players, but they are the types of 3* players I really like to focus on as senior evaluations start to pop up. When I see a kid playing boundary corner, nickel, linebacker, high safety, playing zone, man, blitzing, playing run support and doing it all over while ALSO PLAYING OFFENSE...I naturally gravitate toward kids like that as late evaluation types. Those are the types I like to see my team fill in the bottom part of a recruiting class with. They are just football players. Not finish products, but they can play. They should see a ton of growth with actual position coaching where they can focus on one role, versus the many they were given in HS.

Intriguing as a striker. If he adds a little weight to that frame he could be exactly the kind of guy that comes in handy covering athletic Tight Ends.

Advertisement
If we missed on other targets he would be playing safety. I think With the addition of bolden and or possibly flipping Christian Williams he’s not needed at cb or safety
Tbh I think it's just that they know most likely he'll become 210 plus and by then striker may be perfect but he can easily be a safety so what they're recruiting as now may not matter later

Advertisement
Back