Emerson Crystal ball flipped From MSU to The New Miami

I really hope Williams doesn't take that OV to LSU next weekend. They want him in their class. They have a bunch of guys that are still up in the air too. One is a DB who is verbally committed to them that they believe will stick. Williams is the 2nd one they want.

Advertisement
If we missed on other targets he would be playing safety. I think With the addition of bolden and or possibly flipping Christian Williams he’s not needed at cb or safety

I agree he isn’t a need at Safety. But the lack of urgency at corner is mind boggling to me.

We wanted three corners at one point this class. Now we’ve only got 1 and only have 1 target.

I really hope Williams doesn't take that OV to LSU next weekend. They want him in their class. They have a bunch of guys that are still up in the air too. One is a DB who is verbally committed to them that they believe will stick. Williams is the 2nd one they want.
They have 2 cbs that already signed including by far the best in this class so idk if they're really dead set on bringing him in or its just in case Hampton doesn't sign which I dont see happening

They have 2 cbs that already signed including by far the best in this class so idk if they're really dead set on bringing him in or its just in case Hampton doesn't sign which I dont see happening

They want him. They have 4-6 spots left - may lose a guy or two - and he is on the list of "Wants".

LSU Safety/CB

Current LSU Cornerbacks
5-star Kristian Fulton (6-0, 192, Sr.)
4-star Kary Vincent (5-10, 181, Jr.)
4-star Mannie Netherly (6-3, 199, Jr.)
4-star Kelvin Joseph (6-1, 195, So.)
5-star Derek Stingley (6-1, 188, Fr.)
4-star Raydarious Jones (6-2, 160, Fr.)
3-star Cordale Flott (6-1, 165, Fr.)

Current LSU Safeties
4-star Grant Delpit (6-3, 203, Jr.)
5-star JaCoby Stevens (6-2, 225, Jr.)
4-star Eric Monroe (6-1, 200, Jr.)
4-star Todd Harris (5-11, 186, Jr.)
3-star Cameron Lewis (6-2, 201, Jr.)

2019 Remaining Recruiting Needs: 2
2019 Top Targets

4-star Maurice Hampton (6-0, 195) Memphis (Tenn.) Memphis University School (verbal commit)
4-star Christian Williams (6-1, 182) Daphne (Ala.) Daphne HS
3-star Jay Ward (6-1, 175) Moultrie (Ga.) Colquitt County HS (FSU commit)
4-star Brendan Gant (6-1, 195) Lakeland (Fla.) Kathleen HS (FSU commit)

A few of their analysts takes:

- Hampton sticks with his commitment and signs with LSU in February, but the story will be far from over. It will all boil down to how much money MLB throws at Hampton Ward is more concerned about LSU’s depth than Williams, who is likely to visit LSU next weekend. If LSU adds Hampton, and gets him enrolled, and one more to go with Stingley, Jones and Flott, that will be a tremendous haul.

- Hampton can also play safety, and the Tigers are still eyeing Jay Ward and Christian Williams at cornerback, though both Hampton and Williams are versatile enough to play safety. But with the need for a true safety, the LSU staff is pressing to bring in FSU commit Brendan Gant on Feb. 1. LSU may still add more names to the DB list before NSD.

Advertisement
Way back, I was not in on Emerson. Really wondered why we would go to the boondocks to recruit a safety. After the film though...these types of jumbo DBs aren't really available down here. I ended up really loving his versatility. These are the types of recruits, IMO, you go after later in the process. Guys like Emerson (or as I've said in previous threads, OC Brothers), are the types of players that legit play everywhere in High School...so they are jack of all trades types. They don't absolutely stand out at any spot and are projections.

Its why they are 3* players, but they are the types of 3* players I really like to focus on as senior evaluations start to pop up. When I see a kid playing boundary corner, nickel, linebacker, high safety, playing zone, man, blitzing, playing run support and doing it all over while ALSO PLAYING OFFENSE...I naturally gravitate toward kids like that as late evaluation types. Those are the types I like to see my team fill in the bottom part of a recruiting class with. They are just football players. Not finish products, but they can play. They should see a ton of growth with actual position coaching where they can focus on one role, versus the many they were given in HS.

Thats what impressed me...Kid Emerson was lined up ALLL over the place.

Honestly in South Florida...on alot of the teams the safety just plays back 15 yards in cover 1. They dont even understand the type of coverages and move around like this kid did. Striker would fit him as he looks to have the frame to get to 205 eventually. His length also gives him big time ability in the secondary. I wanna flip him really bad and im glad they stayed on him.

Advertisement
Way back, I was not in on Emerson. Really wondered why we would go to the boondocks to recruit a safety. After the film though...these types of jumbo DBs aren't really available down here. I ended up really loving his versatility. These are the types of recruits, IMO, you go after later in the process. Guys like Emerson (or as I've said in previous threads, OC Brothers), are the types of players that legit play everywhere in High School...so they are jack of all trades types. They don't absolutely stand out at any spot and are projections.

Its why they are 3* players, but they are the types of 3* players I really like to focus on as senior evaluations start to pop up. When I see a kid playing boundary corner, nickel, linebacker, high safety, playing zone, man, blitzing, playing run support and doing it all over while ALSO PLAYING OFFENSE...I naturally gravitate toward kids like that as late evaluation types. Those are the types I like to see my team fill in the bottom part of a recruiting class with. They are just football players. Not finish products, but they can play. They should see a ton of growth with actual position coaching where they can focus on one role, versus the many they were given in HS.
A few years ago.....I actually suggested getting more versitile players like you have mentioned......OSUs championship team had players like that....Darren Lee 3* was a tall linky kid playing QB , S ...saw him play twice in HS..... many couldn't believe he had a offer from OSU....Lee put on weight in college to become one of the best LBs in the nation....also, saw former first round pick DE Sam Hubbard playing safety in HS ....when I saw him switch to DE at OSU with his speed......I immediately knew he would be a monster on the edge...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Checked MSU board to see what the reasoning is. There’s nothing. That guy still thinks it’s Miami but said he had to follow up with Emerson. NOw that he had his OV here and see how it went. Think it’s for drama that he changed his cb to foggy.

Interesting- right now Sanguinetti cannot commit to them. He is a wait and see. They have another guy that is similarly rated and coaches are deciding between the two. They have only 1-2 spots at most left. Sad how far he has fallen.

The guy isn't that good I said when he first did the flip that he missed on nore then a few guys including Miss St targets so it doesn't faze me Emerson still comin

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back