Elijah Moore wins the Opening Orlando Regional WR MVP

View as article
Yeup. In the 2010s, no matter who the coach was, we continually passed on the ballers would've been fairly easy recruitments
No doubt about it. It’s wash, rinse, and repeat. But the same posters keep on regurgitating the same talking points to defend the indefensible.

If guys that are not employed by a CFB team (@Liberty City El @gogeta4, @HighSeas, @LuCane, @Dwinstitles, me) can have have a better eye for talent than the guys that are being hired, you know that there is a serious issue.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agree, but Pope killed folks in pads too and did not use 100 moves to get open at Paradise.
He had a pretty good prep career, but not dominant by any means. He had over 1000 yards and 12 TD’s in high school, which is good, but nowhere near elite.

No doubt about it. It’s wash, rinse, and repeat. But the same posters keep on regurgitating the same talking points to defend the indefensible.

If guys that are not employed by a CFB team (@Liberty City El @gogeta4, @HighSeas, @LuCane, @Dwinstitles, me) can have have a better eye for talent than the guys that are being hired, you know that there is a serious issue.
I don’t even blame people for wanting Pope over Moore - some of those you quoted did, I believe, though they also hit on a number of guys.

I’m just saying that there are guys in this thread who clearly recognized the talent when the coaches at the time didn’t so they have a track record right here on this so Coaches don’t always get it it right and when one of these posters brings up a recruit today who they think should or should not be prioritized, they shouldn’t just be dismissed as some guys who don’t know what they’re talking about just because coaches say otherwise. These current coaches may be better evaluators of talent than Richt’s staff but don’t diss the guys who’ve made their bones here.

Evals and development have been off, maybe even way way off. Roster management as well, in terms of we have too many small guys, so less grab a lesser bigger guy.

Unless Pete or Moore are lining up at practice tomorrow, I’m not sure the insightfulness here.
You’re quoting a troll. Guy has nothing to add, and doesn’t try.

Oh look, the Trust the Corches Brigade of Slurpers are coming out in force today.,,, Sir Slurp-a-Lot and Sir Upvote Him-a-Lot.

View attachment 144566

I better call on some of the people who went on record here, as well as others who think objectively, to help Lil Ole me...

@CaneTheGaytors @Dwinstitles @BS85 @Coach Macho @Page305 @Koke @Ethnicsands @The Franchise @Zbrod95 @ben
I’m still trying to figure out what the ‘trust the corches’ logic even is.

We know we’ve sucked for 2 decades. We know we’ve evaluated poorly for ages. It was the coaches responsible for evals, recruiting and outcomes. They failed. One after the other.

We’ve had ‘trust the corches‘ porsters going back to corker. They all say the same things, in the same way, same dumb condescension.

That aside, why go to a recruiting board in the spring if not to debate recruiting decisions? If you want to ‘trust the corches,’ then look it up in December. Or read about it and zip it for now. Opening your mouth to say ’trust the corches’ at this time, on this board, around this program, it’s crazy.

Advertisement
We’re arguing about hypotheticals imo.
But if the kid was wanted by everyone and had a commitable offer to most of them then why Ole Miss?
If he was that much of a priority for all of the top schools why did he go there?
Ole Miss was a disaster when he committed.
Imo he either couldn’t commit to uga or any other top program or he took ole miss bags.

I agree, I thought he was a stud too and questioned why he chose that school.
The only the thing I could think off is that schools and coaches are still going after the 6’2 receivers and didn’t value the the smaller slot type guys. Maybe dudes like Hollywood brown and even AB are changing the narrative on what a top receiver supposed to be or where he’s supposed to play.
Bama took Leary for example and I doubt that 3 years ago he would’ve been a take for them considering the taller receiver they usually take.

Lmao.

The coaches aren’t here anymore. It’s a completely staff, there’s no one to defend man. Your obsession with classifying every situation into a mope/slurper argument is so tired brother.

Are you actually saying these coaches need to be judged for errors other staffs made?
No. What a ridiculous interpretation. Are you trying to be obtuse?

You slurpers contiuously claim that deference should be give to coaches in these discussions. It’s their job, they’ll do what they’ll do. We all understand that. We’re discussing it. Nothing more.

The slurper premise that the coaches always merit defense has been obliterated, this thread is a good example, so now you retreat to ‘those old coaches didn’t deserve deference, but these new, unproven ones, they do.’ It’s retarded. If you really believe that, why even post on this topic?

You have people posting who have independent views and share them. If you have an independent view in defense of the corches, share it. But monotonously regurgitating trust the corches is worse than dumb. It’s just trolling. No one needs to hear it, it adds nothing to the discussion, it’s often wrong because they’re wrong, and it’s also often wrong because you hsve no idea what they’re even doing in the first place, so they may even agree with the folks you think you’re debating with.

I don’t even blame people for wanting Pope over Moore - some of those you quoted did, I believe, though they also hit on a number of guys.

I’m just saying that there are guys in this thread who clearly recognized the talent when the coaches at the time didn’t so they have a track record right here on this so Coaches don’t always get it it right and when one of these posters brings up a recruit today who they think should or should not be prioritized, they shouldn’t just be dismissed as some guys who don’t know what they’re talking about just because coaches say otherwise. These current coaches may be better evaluators of talent than Richt’s staff but don’t diss the guys who’ve made their bones here.
@RVACane ...excellently and fairly stated.

Advertisement

You slurpers contiuously claim that deference should be give to coaches in these discussions. It’s their job, they’ll do what they’ll do. We all understand that. We’re discussing it. Nothing more.

The slurper premise that the coaches always merit defense has been obliterated, this thread is a good example, so now you retreat to ‘those old coaches didn’t deserve deference, but these new, unproven ones, they do.’ It’s retarded. If you really believe that, why even post on this topic?

You have people posting who have independent views and share them. If you have an independent view in defense of the corches, share it. But monotonously regurgitating trust the corches is worse than dumb. It’s just trolling. No one needs to hear it, it adds nothing to the discussion, it’s often wrong because they’re wrong, and it’s also often wrong because you hsve no idea what they’re even doing in the first place, so they may even agree with the folks you think you’re debating with.
Excellent post, @Ethnicsands.

We’re arguing about hypotheticals imo.
But if the kid was wanted by everyone and had a commitable offer to most of them then why Ole Miss?
If he was that much of a priority for all of the top schools why did he go there?
Ole Miss was a disaster when he committed.
Imo he either couldn’t commit to uga or any other top program or he took ole miss bags.

I agree, I thought he was a stud too and questioned why he chose that school.
The only the thing I could think off is that schools and coaches are still going after the 6’2 receivers and didn’t value the the smaller slot type guys. Maybe dudes like Hollywood brown and even AB are changing the narrative on what a top receiver supposed to be or where he’s supposed to play.
Bama took Leary for example and I doubt that 3 years ago he would’ve been a take for them considering the taller receiver they usually take.
Offers are overstated in this business. They’re like a phone number. They help you get to know someone, but they don’t guaranty you’ll get invited over.

Alabama sends out well over 200 ‘offers.’ None are genuinely committable until a kid goes on an OV, and even then, they’ll drop you if things change.

Moore was a mistake for UM becuse he’s local and local people who know local fb knew what he was. For a whole bunch of reasons, Miami has challenges recruiting locals when they don’t make it clear to them they’re a priority. That’s what happened here iirc. We had other priorities. Richt / dugans. He wanted Pope (speed), wiggins (size) and hightower (size). They weren’t sufficiently hard on moore and he slipped through our hands. Our fault.

Ole Miss, bags, sure, don’t all their players get them?

Lmao. Do you even realize what a condescending doofus you come across as?

“We’re here for discussion, unless I don’t agree with it then please leave.”

No one is dissing the three or or four guys here who obviously know their ****.

Advertisement
I don’t understand why the board is making such a fuss over a guy who’s going to be 3rd/4th round pick

Offers are overstated in this business. They’re like a phone number. They help you get to know someone, but they don’t guaranty you’ll get invited over.

Alabama sends out well over 200 ‘offers.’ None are genuinely committable until a kid goes on an OV, and even then, they’ll drop you if things change.

Moore was a mistake for UM becuse he’s local and local people who know local fb knew what he was. For a whole bunch of reasons, Miami has challenges recruiting locals when they don’t make it clear to them they’re a priority. That’s what happened here iirc. We had other priorities. Richt / dugans. He wanted Pope (speed), wiggins (size) and hightower (size). They weren’t sufficiently hard on moore and he slipped through our hands. Our fault.

Ole Miss, bags, sure, don’t all their players get them
But that’s sort of my point as well. People here act like a Bama offer means the player is a can’t miss prospect and it doesn’t mean that at all.
The funny thing about locals that know football is that they can be wrong too.
If I’m not mistaken the local FB guys said that a bunch of the local db’s were asked who out of all the local WR was the one they hate going up against? the majority responded with “Mike Harley”.

If maybe the mods can pull up the Ahmon Richards threads we can rehash the genius of cis and local gurus. Some said “too slow” “provide good depth” “money position is db” “would be a decent addition to the wr group”

If it was easy nobody would miss in recruiting. But even the best coaches do all the time

Advertisement
But that’s sort of my point as well. People here act like a Bama offer means the player is a can’t miss prospect and it doesn’t mean that at all.
The funny thing about locals that know football is that they can be wrong too.
If I’m not mistaken the local FB guys said that a bunch of the local db’s were asked who out of all the local WR was the one they hate going up against? the majority responded with “Mike Harley”.

If maybe the mods can pull up the Ahmon Richards threads we can rehash the genius of cis and local gurus. Some said “too slow” “provide good depth” “money position is db” “would be a decent addition to the wr group”

If it was easy nobody would miss in recruiting. But even the best coaches do all the time
I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make.

no one claims there’s someone who is infallible. It’s a discussion. My contention (just mjne, not the same as the rest of this debate) is over time, two things come through: (a) when the knowledgable local Hs guys all agree on a kid sucking, he always sucks - I can’t think of a time that rule failed. (B) When those same guys all agree a kid is worth us taking and we don’t, he most of the time balls out elsewhere.

you’re distracted with this bama offer topic. It’s a fill in the detail, not a main point for anyone.

i do not recall your comment on harley, but others may.

i definitely don’t recall knowledgable posters crapping on richards. I’d be interested to see that if you find it. Iirc he was liked by smart posters.

in any case, you’re trying to erase the discussion with the ‘no one’s perfect‘ rap. That‘s neither here nor there. We know for certain our staffs have been very far from perfect, and not even particularly good, at evals for ages. They keep getting fired, also. So rather than find reasons why you shouldn’t listen to locals who know something, why not think about what they might know?

I agree, but that doesn’t make it right.

That’s the classic tale of the mice following the Pied Piper to their impending doom.

I never said it made it right. But yet we have this thread bumped to prove that “the wisdom of the crowd“ of CIS is correct versus the coaches. Maybe nobody got it right.

Or in this case, a few of the people that actually had watched this guy, coaches and so forth that post here, were very high on him. Which is good, those people are listened to.

But if I had the inclination, I’ll bet I could bump a bunch of threads were people were wrong about recruits. Some of the even so-called “experts“.

Bottom line is nobody ever gets it 100% right. Not here, not anywhere.

Can it be said with the knowledge of hindsight that this was a must have guy, well of course. But hindsight is always 20/20.

A lot of people were also clamoring for Kevin Austin.

I would also add that guys like Peter Ariz didn’t help with his hyping up of Pope from Paradise Camp. I’ve said various times on CiS threads that Ariz was a very poor talent evaluator.

Ariz was probably not a great talent evaluator, no one should actually expect him to be. Because it’s possible he didn’t know what he was looking at.

He’s a guy that had some inside connections, and did well with that, but that doesn’t make him have a keen eye for college football talent.

I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make.

no one claims there’s someone who is infallible. It’s a discussion. My contention (just mjne, not the same as the rest of this debate) is over time, two things come through: (a) when the knowledgable local Hs guys all agree on a kid sucking, he always sucks - I can’t think of a time that rule failed. (B) When those same guys all agree a kid is worth us taking and we don’t, he most of the time balls out elsewhere.

you’re distracted with this bama offer topic. It’s a fill in the detail, not a main point for anyone.

i do not recall your comment on harley, but others may.

i definitely don’t recall knowledgable posters crapping on richards. I’d be interested to see that if you find it. Iirc he was liked by smart posters.

in any case, you’re trying to erase the discussion with the ‘no one’s perfect‘ rap. That‘s neither here nor there. We know for certain our staffs have been very far from perfect, and not even particularly good, at evals for ages. They keep getting fired, also. So rather than find reasons why you shouldn’t listen to locals who know something, why not think about what they might know?
I’m not trying to excuse anyone or provide any type of new insight or countering anyone’s opinion. Just some observations. I’ve always said that at times it seems like sec teams find out about kids before we do or offer before we do. Look at the Jones-Bell situation and Bama. Or Jeudy not being offered or recruited hard by Golden. These sec coaches seem to have local youth coaches on speed dial.
As far as coaching staffs getting fired you have to at least consider the possibility that they had no shot with some of these kids to begin with. Again, some not all. The evals for the elite players have been good but after we don’t land them it’s downhill and are far behind in the recruiting processes for them.

Advertisement
Back