Elijah Moore wins the Opening Orlando Regional WR MVP

Advertisement
That’s even worse than a black book. It’s like the mods are memorizing this stuff! I don’t even recall the names of the posters I get into blah blah with, unless they get all triggered and follow me around disliking posts reflexively. But that’s rare, and just a sign someone is triggered.
You don’t know who the 100% staff shilling slurpers and the 100% everything sucks mopes are?

Is ok my problem is not with you. I used you as an example of a respected poster that got it wrong.
Anyone can be wrong, but you wanted Pope before Moore, a lot of people did.
My problem is with the narrative that whomever was right on Moore is now beyond questioning.
We can look for plenty of examples of good evaluators getting it wrong. The NFL spends millions and they still get it wrong more often than not.
Also if people are going to bump a thread where they got it right, they can also bump the ones where they got it wrong. RVAcane has made this forum about slurpers and mopes and discussions in between can't be had.
Yea i got it wrong and would bring it back up. I was soooo wrong on Greg Rousseau. I thought he would be a jag as a DE.
I like going back on old threads and talkin ball with folks on here..i aint with the mope sh*t though, and our coaches cant be above criticism. I think i called Manny Diaz a poor lb evaluator 3 years ago and before he was a hc.

Imma keep it real this board for the last few coaching staffs have been better evaluators than the guys that get paid

Yea i got it wrong and would bring it back up. I was soooo wrong on Greg Rousseau. I thought he would be a jag as a DE.
I like going back on old threads and talkin ball with folks on here..i aint with the mope sh*t though, and our coaches cant be above criticism. I think i called Manny Diaz a poor lb evaluator 3 years ago and before he was a hc.

Imma keep it real this board for the last few coaching staffs have been better evaluators than the guys that get paid
Rousseau was a tough eval because you could see his athletoc potential but not clear how kt would translate to DE. New positions amd kids still growing into their bodies can be tricky projections.

Diaz as a LB evaluator, year, no bueno.

Here's what I got for the Randy era evals, '07 - '10. Kids who were 4/5* on Rivals. I think Randy had a better feel for kids and fewer totally blown evals than Coker but also took too many kids who weren't going to fit in or try hard, which is every bit as rough as bad evals. You can definitely see the culture went off a cliff (if it wasn't already) in '08. Coker left a mess, '07 didn't help, and '09 and '10 were just digging the hole for the next guy.

'07:
- Best of group: DVD, Bailey, Franklin (holdover from Coker),
- Shrug: Marve, G. Cooper, D. Berry
- Bad evals: McKenzie

'08:
- Best of group: B. Harris, Benjamin, Spence, Streeter
- Shrug: R. Buchanon, Forston, A. Brown, Jacory, M. Rob, J. Lewis
- Bad evals: B. Jones, VT, Holton, Aldarius, Futch, Davon J.
- Didn't get/stay in: BW (got in next year)

'09:
- Best of group: Ray Ray (and misused at UM), L. Miller
- Shrug: Vernon (good eval on ability, but cared more for NFL than UM), James, McGee, BW
- Bad evals: L. Rob, J. Reid, Dye, J. Johnson

'10:
- Best of group: Linder, Seantrel
- Shrug: Storm J., Bunche, Clements
- Didn't get/stay: T. Williams, Glenn, Latwan

Advertisement
Here's what I found for Golden. My take-away is he wasn't as bad as I have said at evaluating solid prospects. I think his far bigger issue was taking too many bad 3* kids. It's still an eval failure but it's a different assessment. The bad evals below don't look systematic to me. Grimble was a late cycle flyer in a transition class. Didn't like the Hamilton eval but I did like lockhart and was surprised he didn't work out. Olsen was a mistake, not sure if it could have been diligenced better but I understand. Milo was a bad OL eval. J. Washington, no idea why we took him.

'11:
- Best of group: Chickillo
- Bad evals: Grimble

'12:
- Best of group: Bush, Duke, Howard, Flowers
- Shrug: McCord, M. Lewis, Kirby
- Bad evals: Lockhart, Jelani
- Never got here: AJL

'13: Griffin, Elder, AQM, Sandland, Grace, Coley, Carter, Burns, Olsen
- Best of group: Elder, Grace, Coley, Carter, Burns
- Shrug: AQM (didn't put it together)
- Bad evals: Olsen
- Didn't get here: Griffin

'14:
- Best of group: Berrios, Chad T., Kaaya, McDermott, Darling, D. Jackson
- Shrug: Moten, Yearby
- Didn't make it past first fall camp: K. Hester

'15:
- Best of group: Walton, St. Louis, M. Jackson
- Shrug: Cager, Patchan
- Bad evals: J. Washington, Milo

Here's what I got for Richt's classes. 4/5* kids from Rivals, to be consistent. Some observations: hit or miss evals. '16 and '17 left a real roster hole for going forward, which I suspect played into Richt's decision to quit. Very few top defenders recruited. '18 was actually a very solid class (not just on paper). Some bad evals but more decent/good kids than we've had in a while. Also, Richt missed on all his QBs.

'16:
- Best of the group: Richards, Finley, J. Jackson, Shaq [note Shaq and JJ were holdover commitments]
- Bad evals: Bruce, Mullins, Allison

'17:
- Best of the group: Harley, Bandy, Dallas
- Shrug: J. Thomas (the risks were obvious), Dean, Navaughn, Perry
- Bad evals: Herbert, Wilder, DJJ

'18:
- Best of the group: Rousseau, Mallory, Brevin, Cam, Nesta, Frierson
- Shrug: Campbell, Reed, Pope, Hall, Blades, Scaife
- Bad evals: Ezzard, Jarren W., Lingard, Hightower

Dudes diss @Coach Macho on here and they did it when he gave his opinion of how the staff recruits, as to process and evals. LCE and Geta weren’t on the Elijah Moore wagon but @CaneTheGaytors @The Franchise @Dwinstitles amd @Canemang all were... How do you treat those guys’ opinions?
Facts I was tight we lost more I can't even comprehend it. Look at the seperation he creates he's like a smaller Juedy. He's ridiculous in and out of breaks. That's what makes great receivers....not 40s unless your the bama trash smith kid.

We’re arguing about hypotheticals imo.
But if the kid was wanted by everyone and had a commitable offer to most of them then why Ole Miss?
If he was that much of a priority for all of the top schools why did he go there?
Ole Miss was a disaster when he committed.
Imo he either couldn’t commit to uga or any other top program or he took ole miss bags.

I agree, I thought he was a stud too and questioned why he chose that school.
The only the thing I could think off is that schools and coaches are still going after the 6’2 receivers and didn’t value the the smaller slot type guys. Maybe dudes like Hollywood brown and even AB are changing the narrative on what a top receiver supposed to be or where he’s supposed to play.
Bama took Leary for example and I doubt that 3 years ago he would’ve been a take for them considering the taller receiver they usually take.
Why do people do this?

"Well if he was so good then why did he go to [insert school]."

Kids don't always choose the sexiest name on their offer list. I've had kids choose Syracuse over Oklahoma and Texas A&M. Oregon over Clemson and Florida. Nebraska over TCU.

Advertisement
The ten best south florida wrs of the 2018 cycle were....

Elijah Moore
Mark Pope
Dee Wiggins
Xavier Williams
Anthony Schwartz
Dominick Watt
Tutu Atwell
Tyquan Thorton
Corey Gammage
Kevin Austin

Thorton, Moore, Schwartz, and Atwell were the most productive through three years. Moore, Schwartz and Atwell are the standouts while Thorton looked good soph year but was injured this past season. Most sites had all of those players lower than Pope, Austin, and Williams.

The fastest and shiftiest guys ended up the best of the bunch.

I get fuzzy w all of this, but wasn’t Bama on Pope at one time, then, poof, Bama stopped pursuing him? If not, could’ve sworn this kid was seen w/ a Bama plate on his car or something like that.

No one said these guys are beyond questioning. I’m saying they and others shouldn’t simply be dismissed when they don’t parrot what staff says. it doesn’t matter which staff it is. It’s a general comment on principle.

There’s plenty of in between but the in between is the actual objective mopes and slurper leans. The extreme mopes who root for losses and refuse to give Manny any credit for the good things and the Shameless Slurpers who defend the indefensible are the problems.
The staff has a right to be questioned on any take. All of the previous regimes after Butch can be questioned....as long as it isn't trolls and guys that have some type of football knowledge. I get it wrong a bunch but I remember loving Moore.....Pope was killing the circuit but he didn't look as good as Moore doing it. I get it wrong alot we all do problem is it seems that alot of Macho GG and LCE are more talented at spotting kids then the staffs.....and that's not good at all.

I get fuzzy w all of this, but wasn’t Bama on Pope at one time, then, poof, Bama stopped pursuing him? If not, could’ve sworn this kid was seen w/ a Bama plate on his car or something like that.
They got us...along it look like they wanted Pope lol. He would of transfered when he got to his dorm.

Advertisement

Facts

Advertisement
This post is a complete figment of your imagination. Opinions by Gogeta, LCE and high seas are universally respected here. Coach macho as well.
Uh what? High Seas has knowledge but he’s no where near a local expert, he doesn’t even live in SFL. How could he be a local expert? I’m connected in North Broward/ Boca area and usually know what’s up, Geta is connected in South Broward/North Miami, and LCE is connected in Palm Beach and at the East Miami power schools. Macho deals with the staff so he can input about the staff. @RVACane i forget his name but there’s a guy that’s connected in Central FL that always posts prospects. He’s the one that brought Jayden Gibson to the board. Locally, if it doesn’t come from me, Geta, LCE, or some one else like Macho or Dmoney then it’s ****. It’s been like that for years.

Uh what? High Seas has knowledge but he’s no where near a local expert, he doesn’t even live in SFL. How could he be a local expert? I’m connected in North Broward/ Boca area and usually know what’s up, Geta is connected in South Broward/North Miami, and LCE is connected in Palm Beach and at the East Miami power schools. Macho deals with the staff so he can input about the staff. @RVACane i forget his name but there’s a guy that’s connected in Central FL that always posts prospects. He’s the one that brought Jayden Gibson to the board. Locally, if it doesn’t come from me, Geta, LCE, or some one else like Macho or Dmoney then it’s ****. It’s been like that for years.

Lmao high seas has forgotten more about football than you’ll ever know.

Lmao high seas has forgotten more about football than you’ll ever know.
I think he’s talking about inside info/recruiting intel in Broward County regarding Elijah Moore and how he knew he wanted to come here which is different from football/evals knowledge

Advertisement
Back