Elijah Moore wins the Opening Orlando Regional WR MVP

View as article
Advertisement
I think he’s talking about inside info/recruiting intel in Broward County regarding Elijah Moore and how he knew he wanted to come here which is different from football/evals knowledge
He’s still mad about how I called him and his butt buddies a group of retards when they asked who could beat us. Guess who were on the list...UNC and Okie St. You know how it usually goes. I “don’t know what I’m talking about” to every single dude I’ve done that too in the past.

Why do people do this?

"Well if he was so good then why did he go to [insert school]."

Kids don't always choose the sexiest name on their offer list. I've had kids choose Syracuse over Oklahoma and Texas A&M. Oregon over Clemson and Florida. Nebraska over TCU.
I understand coach. But it’s not so much that he didn’t choose a higher profile school as much as how bad of a shape Ole Miss was in at that time.
He could’ve chosen another school that wasn’t under so much scrutiny and uncertainty. Maybe they just recruited him better and sold him on a brighter future.

Richt had three classes as HC.

In '16, he signed 7 guys 4* or better on Rivals. 3 were gone from the roster quickly (Bruce, Mullins, Allison) and a 4th got injured (Richards). So he had 3 to work with. That's way too few and set the roster back a lot.

In '17, he brought in 10 4* or better guys. 2 left early (Thomas, DJJ) and 1 got injured (Wilder). Thomas came back under Diaz but was an issue his whole time here. So that's really 7 guys to work with. Not enough - not close.

In '18, he brought in 16 guys 4* or better on Rivals - our best class in a decade by far. But 4 left (Ezzard, Lingard, Highsmith, Jarren W.). So 12 stuck. That's an acceptable amount of higher rated talent to work with (ignoring the separate topic of evals for this discussion). But it dropped a really deep class to an ordinary class, IMO, for what the program should expect.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but it seems to me that there was more coming and going amongst higher rated kids under Richt than the prior coaches or Manny. Golden, Shannon and Coker had more guys who never made it in, but fewer high value transfers.

Anyhow, when we talk about effective roster talent, it's not only the 'inflows' (blue chips), but also the empty seats and under-prepared kids forced to start too early that matter. If Richt had recruited a competent OT in his tenure, Maybe Manny doesn't have to start Zion at LT as a true frosh.

He’s still mad about how I called him and his butt buddies a group of retards when they asked who could beat us. Guess who were on the list...UNC and Okie St. You know how it usually goes. I “don’t know what I’m talking about” to every single dude I’ve done that too in the past.
I'll never forget Shannon calling a couple guys butt buddies in a presser. One of the great moments in sports history.

Advertisement
Uh what? High Seas has knowledge but he’s no where near a local expert, he doesn’t even live in SFL. How could he be a local expert? I’m connected in North Broward/ Boca area and usually know what’s up, Geta is connected in South Broward/North Miami, and LCE is connected in Palm Beach and at the East Miami power schools. Macho deals with the staff so he can input about the staff. @RVACane i forget his name but there’s a guy that’s connected in Central FL that always posts prospects. He’s the one that brought Jayden Gibson to the board. Locally, if it doesn’t come from me, Geta, LCE, or some one else like Macho or Dmoney then it’s ****. It’s been like that for years.
You should've tagged me here. I totally agree I just evaluate film and I hope no one gets the wrong impression that I have expert knowledge about SFL HS football or recruiting.

Anyways not going whole-hog to sign this kid should be a fireable offense.

You should've tagged me here. I totally agree I just evaluate film and I hope no one gets the wrong impression that I have expert knowledge about SFL HS football or recruiting.

You know somebody is going to be good when EVERYBODY here wants him. You’ve been here long enough.

Advertisement

Effin sin we didn’t take him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back