Elijah Moore wins the Opening Orlando Regional WR MVP

Fact is UM’s coaches have sucked for longer than most incoming college freshman have been alive. UM’s coaches suck at evaluating prospects, recruiting, developing players, scheming, game planning and calling plays. Despite having a home field advantage in recruiting, they are usually late to the party on recruits and can’t convince a healthy fraction of the top kids to go to UM.

Advertisement
I’ll search for it.

Also, I agree with your point of not listening to random fans, and focusing on the guys that have a good track record when it comes to evals and recruiting topics.
There were definitely questions about AR’s speed and I remember the 4.5 thing too.

I’ll search for it.

Also, I agree with your point of not listening to random fans, and focusing on the guys that have a good track record when it comes to evals and recruiting topics.
I went and found the thread. Started reading it. Made it halfway through and everyone seemed to like Richards a lot. Best take from one of our best posters:

Looks like exceptional burst, hips, and fluidity from a kid who looks a legit 6'2". Won't even say the name of whose HS clips it reminded me of from those perspectives.

Advertisement
I think i said if its out of Moore and Pope I would take Pope. I was wrong on that 1 for sure.

I would say it was b4 Elijah and Pope sr szn and Pope was killing the camp circuit as usual
You’ve called plenty of players we should have been recruiting, like Macho, like LCE, like others - @BoxingRobes @Tee3000 @CaneTheGaytors.

The point is that we have some posters on this board who know our area and what to look for and were ahead of various Cane staffs so when these guys get dismissive about people having different opinions from our coaches - they shouldn’t just be brushed off and dismissed for not trusting the coRches. This goes to how we approach local recruiting as well.

I think i said if its out of Moore and Pope I would take Pope. I was wrong on that 1 for sure.

I would say it was b4 Elijah and Pope sr szn and Pope was killing the camp circuit as usual
Is ok my problem is not with you. I used you as an example of a respected poster that got it wrong.
Anyone can be wrong, but you wanted Pope before Moore, a lot of people did.
My problem is with the narrative that whomever was right on Moore is now beyond questioning.
We can look for plenty of examples of good evaluators getting it wrong. The NFL spends millions and they still get it wrong more often than not.
Also if people are going to bump a thread where they got it right, they can also bump the ones where they got it wrong. RVAcane has made this forum about slurpers and mopes and discussions in between can't be had.

Advertisement
IIRC Richt liked the GA kid (Ezzard) more. Mighta been a Richt thang.
Yep. I’m trying to recall why we didn’t take him. It wasn’t because of Pope or Hightower. Believe the last spot was whichever WR they wanted for the 4th spot and Richt/Dugan’s took Ezzard instead of Moore.

Wiggins was considered the most underrated player in south FL aside from Rousseau, which to folks defense he has all the tools, just not the intangibles.

A LOT of people were not happy about it. No one really disliked Ezzard, but Elijah Moore was a ******* no brainer.

Is ok my problem is not with you. I used you as an example of a respected poster that got it wrong.
My problem is with the narrative that whomever was right on Moore is now beyond questioning.
We can look for plenty of examples of good evaluators getting it wrong. The NFL spends millions and they still get it wrong more often than not.
Also if people are going to bump a thread where they got it right, they can also bump the ones where they got it wrong. RVAcane has made this forum about slurpers and mopes and discussions in between can't be had.
Whose narrative is this? You folks say stuff like this, when the reality is you’re the ones out here claiming the staff’s decisions are beyond questioning.

As far as good evaluators getting it wrong, okay, sure. But why write that? Do you think our staffs hsve been good at evalusting the past 2 decades? What’s the point of stating the obvious, which is that in uncertain things, imperfection is a given?

No one said these guys are beyond questioning. I’m saying they and others shouldn’t simply be dismissed when they don’t parrot what staff says. it doesn’t matter which staff it is. It’s a general comment on principle.

There’s plenty of in between but the in between is the actual objective mopes and slurper leans. The extreme mopes who root for losses and refuse to give Manny any credit for the good things and the Shameless Slurpers who defend the indefensible are the problems.

Advertisement
Yep. I’m trying to recall why we didn’t take him it wasn’t because of Pope or Hightower. Believe the last spot was whichever WR they wanted for the last spot and Richt/Dugan’s took Ezzard instead of Moore.

A LOT of people were not happy about it incluing myself. No one really disliked Ezzard, but Elijah Moore was a ******* no brainer.
Yeah you could just tell watching that recruiting cycle richt or dugans or both didn’t want moore, they kept looking for alternatives.

No one said these guys are beyond questioning. I’m saying they and others shouldn’t simply be dismissed when they don’t parrot what staff says. it doesn’t matter which staff it is. It’s a general comment on principle.

There’s plenty of in between but the in between is the actual objective mopes and slurper leans. The extreme mopes who root for losses and refuse to give Manny an credit for the good things and the Shameless Slurpers who defend the indefensible are the problems.
Do you guys keep a little black book?

Advertisement
Whose narrative is this? You folks say stuff like this, when the reality is you’re the ones out here claiming the staff’s decisions are beyond questioning.

As far as good evaluators getting it wrong, okay, sure. But why write that? Do you think our staffs hsve been good at evalusting the past 2 decades? What’s the point of stating the obvious, which is that in uncertain things, imperfection is a given?

Post any and all posts by me that say the staff is beyond questioning.
You like to make claims that aren't true.

Huh???? I know who the Shameless Slurpers and Extreme Mopes are. That’s just obvious.
That’s even worse than a black book. It’s like the mods are memorizing this stuff! I don’t even recall the names of the posters I get into blah blah with, unless they get all triggered and follow me around disliking posts reflexively. But that’s rare, and just a sign someone is triggered.

Advertisement
Back