Edwards and Henderson

Advertisement
This is what we get for not telling the kid what he wanted to hear (that he could play CB).

Remember Edwards told a reporter that he didn't believe Banda when he came back later and told him he could play CB.

Same goes for Slaton. That's 2 talented players that we most likely get if we just tell them what they want to hear.

So Edwards is going to **** on the position coach that's been on him since day 1 to play for the guy who didn't even take the time to visit him. Cuck achievement unlocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you imagine if we waited to offer him lol

Advertisement
Basically Florida leads with 48 hours to go. He could change his mind 25 more times from here to Wednesday. These kids are ridiculous. Make a effin decision and stick to it.

Expectation for whom and WHEN? A week ago "errybody comin" was the name of the game and that should have never been said by anyone, IMO because 'Crootin.

A week before that Harley was "shutting his recruitment down" at WVU. Herbert, Henderson, and Edwards were ALL going to UF. Pouncey was going to be our 4th WR. McFarland was already penned in as our 3rd string RB. What were our expectations then? **** there's still two days left - who knows wtf is going to happen?

IF we close with Thomas, Dean, Herbert, Harley, and Henderson, I'd call that a good close based solely on those kids' merit as athletes and our needs at those positions. That's all. Now, if we close how we EXPECTED to close back in December? Without Herbert, Harley or Henderson? That's limping to the finish, IMO.

Shawn Rose is a personal trainer who splits time between Florida and Los Angeles, and he's also a Florida Express 7-on-7 coach.

He’s built a strong relationship with Brian Edwards and his family since the star DB was a freshman, helping coach him and train him. Rose has helped Brian along in the recruiting process with words of encouragement, and now like the rest of the world he’s waiting to see where Edwards will choose at his 1 p.m. signing day announcement.

But Rose thinks he has a pretty good idea what hat Edwards will put on that day: one with a Gator on it.

“He told Florida he’s coming there,” Edwards said. “He told me he’s going to be communicating that to Miami, that he was going to tell them either last night or today that he wasn’t coming there.”

It’s quite a turn of events if that winds up the case.

Rose says Edwards had essentially committed to UM coaches when he took his Miami official visit Jan. 21. But Rose says he went to Florida this past weekend and it changed his mind.

“He now has two people he’s told he’s coming, and that’s not how you should operate,” Rose said. “I told him `You need to figure this out for yourself.’ I told him that last night and this morning.

“It’s going to be a stressful 48 hours for him.”

Rose says all hope isn’t lost for the Canes.

He says that’s in part because of the bond Ephraim Banda has built.

“Banda has been on him since day 1,” Rose said. “That’s the one constant in Brian’s recruitment has been coach Banda.”

A final thought?

“He’s going to sleep on it again and go from there,” Rose said.

CaneSport’s take

Not great news here for the Canes, and if he doesn’t wind up at UM that makes CJ Henderson even more important to get in this class.

Rivals article

Never thought once that kid was coming here.

Man. Edwards has always been in love with whoever he's been with last. Knowing that, it's super unfortunate that Florida got the last visit.

During this "quiet period," can coaches text recruits?

Technically a minor violation. For SEC teams that means they get a chuckle and a finger wag from NCAA (oh we just sat on the phone and butt texted him accidentally). It would cost Miami three scholarships.

Advertisement
penguifall.gif

This is what we get for not telling the kid what he wanted to hear (that he could play CB).

Remember Edwards told a reporter that he didn't believe Banda when he came back later and told him he could play CB.

Same goes for Slaton. That's 2 talented players that we most likely get if we just tell them what they want to hear.

His would be position coach at UF hasn't even taken the time to visit him and you think this is because he doesn't believe Banda when he says he can play corner? Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edwards seems highly HIGHLY impressionable. He needs to sleep on for the next 2 days.

Yeah...dude's riding that OV high. I was also skeptical on getting him on the second to last OV.

But either way, I just don't see him coming here even if the mom's all UM.

Expectation for whom and WHEN? A week ago "errybody comin" was the name of the game and that should have never been said by anyone, IMO because 'Crootin.

A week before that Harley was "shutting his recruitment down" at WVU. Herbert, Henderson, and Edwards were ALL going to UF. Pouncey was going to be our 4th WR. McFarland was already penned in as our 3rd string RB. **** there's still two days left - who knows wtf is going to happen?

IF we close with Thomas, Dean, Herbert, Harley, and Henderson, I'd call that a good close based solely on those kids' merit as athletes and our needs at those positions.
closing with four 4* on NSD is really, really good.

Advertisement
Ivins is saying everything is still leaning Miami if nobody posted it yet...still being pessimistic though

Advertisement

A week before that Harley was "shutting his recruitment down" at WVU. Herbert, Henderson, and Edwards were ALL going to UF. Pouncey was going to be our 4th WR. McFarland was already penned in as our 3rd string RB. **** there's still two days left - who knows wtf is going to happen?

IF we close with Thomas, Dean, Herbert, Harley, and Henderson, I'd call that a good close based solely on those kids' merit as athletes and our needs at those positions.
closing with four 4* on NSD is really, really good.

All 5 are four stars now as of the update two days ago. Dean no longer one on 247 but everywhere else. would be a massive close.

Looks like Edwards told BOTH coaching staffs he's coming. His 7-on-7 coach pulled him aside and told him to figure it the F out. Gonna "sleep on it" till NSD. (Per Canesport.)

Advertisement
Back