Edit: Cristobal or Kiffin HC / OC - Ed Reed DC, best possible outcome

The problem with Ed is that because he's a HOF player, he often sees things on the field that no one else can see.

Not saying that's bad, but it might be bad when he's attempting to explain technique. Ed Reed is a proven leader, and I really think he could recruit. I'm pretty sure Ed knows a good player when he sees one.

I think he wouldn't be a bad safeties coach. DC? Eh, I think thats jumping the gun a bit.

Advertisement
Krazy has been more accurate on his takes than a lot of posters on here, so I won’t discredit anything he says, as crazy as it may sound at the time. I don’t think this scenario will happen. Time will tell if Ed has the makings of a good DC.

I’ll support a Mario Cristobal hire as well but this is my perfect dream scenario right here. We need Ed Reed as the DC… he understands the game at another level no other DC we would be in the market for can come close. And the combination of Lane and Ed Reed in terms of recruiting would tip the scales in our favor for a lot of elite recruits going forward starting with this class. It would counter any recruiting advantage FSU would gain if they hire Deion Sanders as their HC which is going to happen sooner than later.

Thoughts?
Dislike. I'd rather a combo of Aranda and Herman.

What has Reed shown as a coach to deserve the DC role?

He's not coming as a "DC".....Oops....
S6lm5MUaOnUeOeSt38.gif

Advertisement
I’ll support a Mario Cristobal hire as well but this is my perfect dream scenario right here. We need Ed Reed as the DC… he understands the game at another level no other DC we would be in the market for can come close. And the combination of Lane and Ed Reed in terms of recruiting would tip the scales in our favor for a lot of elite recruits going forward starting with this class. It would counter any recruiting advantage FSU would gain if they hire Deion Sanders as their HC which is going to happen sooner than later.

Thoughts?
Here's my thoughts.

GIF-211119_073504.gif

You honestly think Reed couldn't build a CFB secondary, run practices, run meetings, Gameplan, and call alignments as a DB Coach??...C'mon man....Please stop...
History states, most great coaches were average to below average as players. Most great players turn out to be poor coaches. This bolds true in most sports. Not saying Reed can't do it but he hasn't shown it so I can only assume.

He knows how to do all these things bro. Also, how come NBA players can retire and become NBA and college head coaches right away and everyone thinks it’s crazy for a former player who was a coach on the field to become secondary coach or DC for a school as his first job? It’s harder to coach basketball than football.
GIF-211110_173935.gif

Advertisement
Harder to coach basketball?!

gary coleman wtf GIF

Tell me you never coached without telling me you never coached.
The fvck are you talkin' about, son?

You have absolutely zero clue about WHAT IT TAKES or Reed's ability to run an entire defense. You think he knows anything about fronts, alignment, LB play, etc?
Your last sentence is why it is tougher to coach basketball than football. It is much more complex than football. A db can get by not knowing fronts and alignments and LB play. Basketball is position-less these days and everyone has to know everything. There’s no position coaches that coach only a certain thing. You have to know everything. There’s no PG coach or C coach, you have to be able to coach the bigs as well as the small guys. Play calling is more complex in basketball. Plays are drawn out during timeouts at times. There’s no defensive coordinator or offensive coordinator all responsibilities fall to the Head coach and two assistants not 11 coaches and a bunch of analysts. A lot more moving parts and all goes down within 24 seconds. I have played both at a very high level and played in the pros is football. I have coached both after my playing days. Some of y’all never played ANY sports smh. And I never said Reed can or can’t run a defense just saying NBA players make the transition quite often NFL players do not.I didn’t even say I think he should be a position coach, I’m just talking in general. Most football coaches nowadays never even played the fakking sport or if they did they never got far in it and we’re just walk-ones. The best players don’t make the best coaches but the guys that get coaching opportunities in football are just guys that we’re scrubs

Last edited:
Your last sentence is why it is tougher to coach basketball than football. It is much more complex than football. A db can get by not knowing fronts and alignments and LB play. Basketball is position-less these days and everyone has to know everything. There’s no position coaches that coach only a certain thing. You have to know everything. There’s no PG coach or C coach, you have to be able to coach the bigs as well as the small guys. Play calling is more complex in basketball. Plays are drawn out during timeouts at times. There’s no defensive coordinator or offensive coordinator all responsibilities fall to the Head coach and two assistants not 11 coaches and a bunch of analysts. A lot more moving parts and all goes down within 24 seconds. I have played both at a very high level and played in the pros is football. I have coached both after my playing days. Some of y’all never played ANY sports smh. And I never said Reed can or can’t run a defense just saying NBA players make the transition quite often NFL players do not.I didn’t even say I think he should be a position coach, I’m just talking in general. Most football coaches nowadays never even played the fakking sport or if they did they never got far in it and we’re just walk-ones. The best players don’t make the best coaches but the guys that get coaching opportunities in football are just guys that we’re scrubs
Did you just double down by saying Basketball is more complex than football?? Oh my lord…. @Coach Macho I’m out dawg. I value my IQ too much.

1) This doesn’t not qualify you to coach a down of football.

2) This goes against everything Miami is planning to do with the football and is as amateur hour as it gets.

3) All coaches mentioned for the job ALL have superstar DB coaches that would follow him here.

Miami doesn’t even know what Miami is planning to do.

If you feel having E Reed be a General in this program is an amateur move, than I could absolutely see your reluctance in this delicate situation.

Not for the faint of heart this ( fictional ) move.

Advertisement
Miami doesn’t even know what Miami is planning to do.

If you feel having E Reed be a General in this program is an amateur move, than I could absolutely see your reluctance in this delicate situation.

Not for the faint of heart this ( fictional ) move.
No. Frenk has said that he’s essentially done with amateur hour here and is going to dump 20-30 million into the program annually. If Ed Reed ever coaches a down here then Frenk’s word is dog****.

weiord-shock.gif
baby-cute.gif
blink-wide-eye.gif
gtfo-here.gif
img_temp.jpg

Again...he's not going to be the DC....but as a DB coach...he'd KILL it...he forgot more about Secondary play than T-Rob will ever know...
yea he forgot more about secondary PLAY, not coaching. Guy can't barely be bothered to show up now. Love Ed as a player but i hope as soon as Manny is gone that he goes away as well. Enough with this half assed **** as part of the management of this team.

Advertisement

This is so fvckin stupid that I can't/won't even entertain it. I could pick this entire post apart, it's THAT bad.
I've read some ridiculous **** on this board, but this might take the cake.

And you didn't play or coach either of these sports at a high level, stop it.

Did you just double down by saying Basketball is more complex than football?? Oh my lord…. @Coach Macho I’m out dawg. I value my IQ too much.
Yeah bro. I ain't never heard some **** like that in my life.

I've literally coached basketball players that made the transition to football and one of the first things they notice is how complex the game is and how fast everything is moving.
The amount of variables and aspects to the game isn't even fvckin' close.

Yeah bro. I ain't never heard some **** like that in my life.

I've literally coached basketball players that made the transition to football and one of the first things they notice is how complex the game is and how fast everything is moving.
The amount of variables and aspects to the game isn't even fvckin' close.
Playing is much different from coaching dawg

Thoughts?
Don't mess up reeds legacy leave him alone

Advertisement
Back