Edit: Cristobal or Kiffin HC / OC - Ed Reed DC, best possible outcome

I agree basketball is more complex and more difficult. Smaller area and less things you can do. I've coached intramurals in the military. I've coached flag football, basketball, and softball. Basketball is by far the most complex and difficult thing to teach/coach. I've coached all military softball and my flag teams made nationals and still basketball was always the toughest.
Thank you!! Someone has some **** sense!

Advertisement
the-simpsons-exit.gif

I’ll support a Mario Cristobal hire as well but this is my perfect dream scenario right here. We need Ed Reed as the DC… he understands the game at another level no other DC we would be in the market for can come close. And the combination of Lane and Ed Reed in terms of recruiting would tip the scales in our favor for a lot of elite recruits going forward starting with this class. It would counter any recruiting advantage FSU would gain if they hire Deion Sanders as their HC which is going to happen sooner than later.

Thoughts?
Here's why Kiffin and Cristobal are pipe dreams...we CAN"T afford them... https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/o...r-say-never-but-lane-kiffin-miami-never-2021/

I agree basketball is more complex and more difficult. Smaller area and less things you can do. I've coached intramurals in the military. I've coached flag football, basketball, and softball. Basketball is by far the most complex and difficult thing to teach/coach. I've coached all military softball and my flag teams made nationals and still basketball was
Thank you!! Someone has some **** sense!
Bruh is talking about FLAG football 🤣😂🤣. U can’t possibly use flag football in this discussion. It’s a TOTALLY DIFFERENT sport. Listen …. If you’ve ever sat in a coaches meeting, and broken down film, for each sport then you would understand that coaching football is tougher. It’s way more complex. It’s really not close, tbh. If you can’t see it, then we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

Advertisement
Bruh is talking about FLAG football 🤣😂🤣. U can’t possibly use flag football in this discussion. It’s a TOTALLY DIFFERENT sport. Listen …. If you’ve ever sat in a coaches meeting, and broken down film, for each sport then you would understand that coaching football is tougher. It’s way more complex. It’s really not close, tbh. If you can’t see it, then we’ll just have to agree to disagree.
I'm simply saying from what I've experienced. Level negligent does it really matter? I mean obviously there's a big difference in levels, but in the grand scheme of things, it's the same thing.

What have you done in your life?

Have you coached anything? Or are you an internet bad ***?

Advertisement
You honestly think Reed couldn't build a CFB secondary, run practices, run meetings, Gameplan, and call alignments as a DB Coach??...C'mon man....Please stop...
I think he could - I just don't think he'd want to.

He's an NFL HoFer and mult-millionaire. Why would he want that grind?

Advertisement
Have you coached anything? Or are you an internet bad ***?
My dude, I’ve coached high school and junior college basketball, been a high school football coach (DL and DC) for over 20 years. I’ve coached in multiple schemes also coached DE at a JUCO program for a few years. Oh yeah… I’ve coached middle school also AND two seasons of flag football when I was in college. Any more questions.

Advertisement
These guys said for many years in his playing days "he's like having a DC on the field" then poopoo'd the thought of him calling the D here.
It's okay if ***** Diaz is the DC at Miami but Ed Reed can't be the DC. Smh at these CLOWNS. RINSE. REPEAT. FAMILIARITY. . .

Bruh... like you, I've played and coached both, and I can say without a doubt, football is much harder to coach. Football has way more positions on the field of play at one time, 22 v 10, therefore it has WAYYYY more moving parts. On a typical football play, you have at least 4 groups of guys (OL, QB, RBs, and TE/WRs) with VERY different skill sets all doing VERY different jobs... and **** I'm ONLY talking about the offense. This is why you need all those coaches... because all of the groups that are all doing different things within a single play, to come to a singular goal. All 11 have to be on the same page on every play. Man, I ain't even mentioned the 11 on Defense or special teams. In basketball, you do have assistant coaches and they coach different things. I remember Tex Winter was a great assistant, and was the de facto "offensive coordinator" of the Bulls and Lakers under Phil Jackson. Some still coach the Bigs and/or the guards. Nowadays in basketball, all 5 guys are **** near all doing the same things..... because it's moved to a positionless game. Shiddd, nobody even tries to get offensive rebounds anymore, they just shoot and haul *** back down the floor.
If your position is that basketball is a much faster game to coach than football, and the coaches have to think faster, and come up with plays faster, than a football coach, then you would have NO argument here. ****, even if you said that overall, basketball players are better athletes than football players.... I would totally agree. Most basketball players, could probably play a position somewhere on a football field, and do it at a relatively high level, but most football players couldn't crossover and play at that level. Basketball players (IMHO) are the best athletes on earth. But saying basketball is a tougher to coach, when football has a helluva lot more moving parts is ..... wow....
Golden State Warriors No GIF by NBA
You sir, made that very easy to understand and comprehend. Thanks

Excellent and underrated post!

Advertisement
Back