Edit: Cristobal or Kiffin HC / OC - Ed Reed DC, best possible outcome

Advertisement
There u have it

Attachments

• 243077163_10121285251716814_4080433623554092955_n.jpg
    243077163_10121285251716814_4080433623554092955_n.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 70
I’ll support a Mario Cristobal hire as well but this is my perfect dream scenario right here. We need Ed Reed as the DC… he understands the game at another level no other DC we would be in the market for can come close. And the combination of Lane and Ed Reed in terms of recruiting would tip the scales in our favor for a lot of elite recruits going forward starting with this class. It would counter any recruiting advantage FSU would gain if they hire Deion Sanders as their HC which is going to happen sooner than later.

Thoughts?
You understand the game of college football on and off the field.

I think Ed would be a phenomenal safeties coach. I just don’t know how much he would like/want to be recruiting.
So a NFL hall of Famer would only be a good safety coach. I guess manny know defense better than someone who actually played and was the best to ever do it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The best players don't always make the best coaches. Nick Saban played DB in college. He's not even on the same planet talent wise as Reed is.

Advertisement
Michale Jordan is the greatest basketball player ever…horrendously awful Gm and owner in the nba. Being a great player doesn’t mean one is a great coach. I’d rather never hire a “Miami guy” again at this point. Only exception I’d make is Christobal because he’s actually won major bowl games and is a playoff contender with another program. Otherwise new blood

HC - Lane Kiffin
OC - Jeff Lebby or Zach Kittley
DC - Bradley Dale Peveto or Doug Belk
S’s/ST’s - Ed Reed

Doug Belk solid and some what overlooked/underrated in the job he doing. Would love him as the DC with any new staff.

Should be getting some of that Dan Lanning and Glenn Schumann type of hype and attention.

He will soon though!

Advertisement
Back