Edit: Cristobal or Kiffin HC / OC - Ed Reed DC, best possible outcome

I’ll support a Mario Cristobal hire as well but this is my perfect dream scenario right here. We need Ed Reed as the DC… he understands the game at another level no other DC we would be in the market for can come close. And the combination of Lane and Ed Reed in terms of recruiting would tip the scales in our favor for a lot of elite recruits going forward starting with this class. It would counter any recruiting advantage FSU would gain if they hire Deion Sanders as their HC which is going to happen sooner than later.

Thoughts?
1637323563453.gif

Advertisement
being a great player doesn't mean you know how to Build a Defense, Run Practices, Run Meetings, Gameplan and call plays.
He knows how to do all these things bro. Also, how come NBA players can retire and become NBA and college head coaches right away and everyone thinks it’s crazy for a former player who was a coach on the field to become secondary coach or DC for a school as his first job? It’s harder to coach basketball than football.

Advertisement
He knows how to do all these things bro. Also, how come NBA players can retire and become NBA and college head coaches right away and everyone thinks it’s crazy for a former player who was a coach on the field to become secondary coach or DC for a school as his first job? It’s harder to coach basketball than football.
Harder to coach basketball?!

gary coleman wtf GIF

Tell me you never coached without telling me you never coached.
The fvck are you talkin' about, son?

You have absolutely zero clue about WHAT IT TAKES or Reed's ability to run an entire defense. You think he knows anything about fronts, alignment, LB play, etc?

Advertisement
I’ll support a Mario Cristobal hire as well but this is my perfect dream scenario right here. We need Ed Reed as the DC… he understands the game at another level no other DC we would be in the market for can come close. And the combination of Lane and Ed Reed in terms of recruiting would tip the scales in our favor for a lot of elite recruits going forward starting with this class. It would counter any recruiting advantage FSU would gain if they hire Deion Sanders as their HC which is going to happen sooner than later.

Thoughts?
What in gods earth qualifies Ed Reed to be our DC? The man hasn’t even developed a single player…ever. Log out. Just log out.

Did you have a stroke?

Thoughts?
You’re going to get ridiculed & called an imbecile.

You’re also right.

E Reed knows ball
E Reed knows sound Def.
E Reed knows kids
& how to get their 100%
E Reed earned his gold jacket.

Give him the keys. He’s been driving his whole adult life.

Take it how you want.

Advertisement
He's not coming as a "DC".....Oops....
You’re right. He’s going back to retirement and isn’t going to be part of the staff at all.

Mario has a superstar DB coach with him and so does Lane. Both will follow him. He won’t have an on field job. You’re not dropping any heat here. Make sure you check who you are about to quote before posting next time.

You’re also right.

E Reed knows ball
E Reed knows sound Def.
E Reed knows kids
& how to get their 100%

Take it how you want.
As previously stated. Love the guy, but is he ready for 14-hour days (6 or 7 days a week) of breaking down film, coaching, and recruiting? He's done all the stuff listed above, does he really want to coach? An assistant coach?

Advertisement

You’re also right.

E Reed knows ball
E Reed knows sound Def.
E Reed knows kids
& how to get their 100%

Take it how you want.
1) This doesn’t not qualify you to coach a down of football.

2) This goes against everything Miami is planning to do with the football and is as amateur hour as it gets.

3) All coaches mentioned for the job ALL have superstar DB coaches that would follow him here.

Thoughts?
OP is a Legendary Cane but is being fitted for his Toe Tag as we speak.

How did Deion Enter This Thread Anyway?

As previously stated. Love the guy, but is he ready for 14-hour days (6 or 7 days a week) of breaking down film, coaching, and recruiting? He's done all the stuff listed above, does he really want to coach? An assistant coach?
It doesn’t matter. All guys mentioned for this job have a superstar DB coach working for them. They will follow said coach as well. Ed Reed WILL NOT be offered the job.

Advertisement
Back