Eddie Johnson - update in post #19 - (Swag)

When you repeatedly get in trouble and violate team rules (we're talking like 20 violations here between fights and team rules) eventually Coach Golden has to do something before it starts to impact the attitudes and work ethic of other players on the team. It also begins to appear a bit "contradictory/hypocritical" when you let 1 individual violate the core values that you teach over and over like Golden does. Golden had to make the right decision. There is a path for Eddie to return. Just has to do the right thing and get his head on straight. But I'm not holding my breath, and neither should any of you.

money first post

Advertisement
Son of a *****. It would have been nice to have him on the team come fall. Dude had serious talent. Even if he miraculously gets on the team again by Fall his impact would be minimal. All the time hes missing and has missed. SMH. What a waste of talent.

You just have to wonder WTF is going through these kids' brains to make a decision like this. You were given a **** winning lottery ticket in life and you just trash it. Unreal.

I have worked with "kids" with this mentality. It's tough, but If Miami wants to pull these kids from the Inner Cities then they need to get someone on staff that knows how to work with this kind of situation. It takes two to tango, but the guy leading needs to know what the **** he is dealing with. You need a buffer between the RS types and the AG types. It can be done, but it needs to be planned and integrated into the program.

Or you can be a football factory and brush them off.

I did this in Boston for high school students transitioning from the "hood" into real life situations. 90% of the time it was one step forward and two steps back. But just from the outside looking in I can see an "EJ" recoiling from the pressure, authority and responsibility.

Advertisement
This is what we fuggin' get with the Eddie posts.

He's kinda like the Candyman.

Post three meaningless threads about him...

And he's kicked off the team.

Who here didn't expect this? I mean, it still sucks to see it's "official" but this does not come as a surprise.

Every time next year was talked about and EJ's name came up it was always prefaced with "if." "If" he makes it to August. "If" he keeps his head on straight. I mean, ****. How many chances do you give a ****-up before you lose your credibility?

Advertisement
As a couple others have stated I don't think this is a done deal in terms of him being off the team but, its never good when you are out of school for a semester. Hopefully this time away will open his eyes to the opportunity he had and he does come back and handles his business.

Maybe he left school to work on his pass coverage ability. If he's here, cool. If he's not, rock and roll. It ain't Stephen Morris.

Advertisement
Yeah this guy was a pretty good baller that came out of nowhere. But LuCane's point that this isn't Morris or Duke still stands. This guy for all his talk on this message board, and frankly I think he was talked up more than he actually produced, left us hanging when we needed him badly down the stretch. Do I wish we had on the team? **** yeah but god **** it for all this ******* thug talk, this is the bull**** that comes with it. WE DON'T NEED GUYS THAT WON'T BE THERE WHEN WE NEED THEM. I get that we wanna see some hard *** mother****ers on this football team but thugs that just don't get it and take chance after chance after chance after chance and **** IT UP. ya gotta let em go. It sucks but we need guys that are hard AND AVAILABLE. If they can't ******* play, then what the **** good is it.

Advertisement
good riddance. dude abandoned his team mates and probably costs us a couple of games in the process.

more stanford kids, faster please.

Yeah this guy was a pretty good baller that came out of nowhere. But LuCane's point that this isn't Morris or Duke still stands. This guy for all his talk on this message board, and frankly I think he was talked up more than he actually produced, left us hanging when we needed him badly down the stretch. Do I wish we had on the team? **** yeah but god **** it for all this ****ing thug talk, this is the bull**** that comes with it. WE DON'T NEED GUYS THAT WON'T BE THERE WHEN WE NEED THEM. I get that we wanna see some hard *** mother****ers on this football team but thugs that just don't get it and take chance after chance after chance after chance and **** IT UP. ya gotta let em go. It sucks but we need guys that are hard AND AVAILABLE. If they can't ****ing play, then what the **** good is it.

that's what she said

And now without Eddie we are pretty thin/inexperienced at LB again.

OLB: Perryman, Cornelius, Armbrister, Terry, Figueroa, McCord (listed at OLB), Bond, Grace
MLB: Gaines, Kirby, Blue

I think our 3 best every down LBs at the moment are Perryman, Gaines, Kirby so will be interesting to see what happens. I believe Armbrister and Terry are both out for the Spring. I see Bond and McCord as pass rush OLB/DEs who I don't think will be 3 down OLBs here if we stick with the 4-3. Figueroa definitely has a huge opportunity this spring, he may be a starter at OLB come fall.

LB will be a pretty big priority in the 2014 recruiting season IMO

For those 'in the know'.
Did EJ voluntarily just not register for class this semester, or was he NOT PERMITTED to register? I assume that, because AG still says that he is "indefinately suspended", that he is still on scholie, allbeit ineligible because not a registered student. Is the door still ajar, or closed completely.

Advertisement
Back