Ed Reed Wants The Job

Advertisement
I love Ed. My favorite cane. No doubt. But you can’t teach/coach what allows Ed Reed to be Ed Reed. Similar to Ted Williams managerial career with the Senators.

Advertisement
There are better candidates, certainly, but I'm not dismissive of this idea.

I think Reed in a ASU Herm Edwards like situation could be successful here.

Absolutely not. And while I’m at it Portis and his BS about hiring alumni like Rumph isn’t there stinking it up

Advertisement
There are better candidates, certainly, but I'm not dismissive of this idea.

I think Reed in a Herm Edwards like situation in ASU could be successful here.

Except that Herm Edwards has 30+ years of coaching experience, including 8 years as an NFL head coach. But yeah, that's about the same as Ed Reed.

Advertisement
Except that Herm Edwards has 30+ years of coaching experience, including 8 years as an NFL head coach. But yeah, that's about the same as Ed Reed.
1. Didnt compare the coaches. Just the situations. ASU restructured their fb program. Herm is basically just a figurehead and recruiter.

2. Even then, he was a mediocre fb coach and hadn't coached in over a decade before he came in at ASU.

3. He hadn't coached or recruited at the College level in over 3 decades.

1. Didnt compare the coaches. Just the situations. ASU restructured their fb program. Herm is basically just a figurehead and recruiter.

2. Even then, he was a mediocre fb coach and hadn't coached in over a decade before he came in at ASU.

But he has experience in leading a large football organization. Ed Reed delivered a cool halftime speech.

Advertisement

Arizona State has a bunch of losses coming later this season. Herm Edwards is not an answer.

Advertisement
Back