Ed Reed Wants The Job

Advertisement
Another piece of idiot fan base revisionist history.
Wooooo............that's little too harsh isn't it? I never said Ed is ready to be a prime time HC, all I'm saying he has a very high football IQ who was part of the last championship team. He lead the practice of the defensive unit after Davis left. What are Diaz credentials to make him qualified to be a HC at Miami?
I can counter back and say you are a piece of delusional fans who are still waiting for Urban Meyer the get the phone call from brilliant AD

Advertisement
We are undefeated with a real kicker. Please somebody in the locker room kick Bubbas *** goodbye. I’ve never hated a Cane player until this f’in kid

Why stop there? Why not hire Ed as our DC? He’d be a **** of a lot better than the pathetic blake baker
Idk about that he's never called plays in his life. Coaching and playing are not the same thing. Just because your a great player doesn't mean you will be a good HC.

I love Ed Reed, but if he’s serious about coaching, then he should be cutting his teeth somewhere and rising through the ranks.

Being a champion and a football savant doesn’t mean you know how to run a college program from top to bottom.

I suspect he could be a good coach, but it’s not like we haven’t seen great players fail at coaching in every major sport.

It's a different sport I know, but theres a new trend is to hire well known athletes in college ball, even with minimum or no HC coaching experience.

You get at a minimum an immediate recruiting boost. Juwan Howard and Penny cleaning up on the trail right now.

I'm not advocating for Reed being hired at all, but he'd be better than what we have rn.

you do know Howard spent years as an assistant hc right.

Advertisement
Ed Reed being hired as Miami head coach would be a ridiculously stupid move, which is why I think it’ll probably happen.
If he says, "First thing I'd do is ban dance parties and bling", I'd hire him today. Now, he might lose every game because he's never coached before, but at least we wouldn't look like TQM.

Y'all make it seem like Ed Reed is a physical freak and that is the only reason he was good. Everything about Ed Reed game is teachable. Anyone that thinks he can't coach here and should go coach at smaller school while we have Banda on the staff need to drink bleach while crossing I-95

you do know Howard spent years as an assistant hc right.
Biggest Heat fan in the world right here. Very well aware.

As with Reed, there were more qualified candidates out there for a big time job like Michigan.

Michigan rolled the dice. Hes already pulling in big time recruits.

For the record, Reed would be like my 5th choice.

Advertisement
I love Ed Reed, but if he’s serious about coaching, then he should be cutting his teeth somewhere and rising through the ranks.

Being a champion and a football savant doesn’t mean you know how to run a college program from top to bottom.

I suspect he could be a good coach, but it’s not like we haven’t seen great players fail at coaching in every major sport.
Yup. Look at Michael Jordan. Guy is the GOAT but by all measurements a terrible administrator and evaluator of talent. He just had to sell a big stake in the Hornets to get some help because he's in over his head.

The NBA and NFL does it all the time. They hire young guys (who played the game and have high IQ for the sport) right after they retire to coach teams, especially NBA. This is not a far fetched thing, but I do not think it is a good idea, unless his DC is ray lewis lol. Those two together willed an NFL football team to a Super Bowl so they would NOT accept failure here!! But nah that still ain’t enough!! Who gon be OC? And OL coach?

Yup. Look at Michael Jordan. Guy is the GOAT but by all measurements a terrible administrator and evaluator of talent. He just had to sell a big stake in the Hornets to get some help because he's in over his head.

that’s stupid.. you’re talking about the most stubborn athlete of all time, he has knowledge but he is an as$hole who thinks he is right about everything! He takes the in game mentality everywhere and it does not work. Not the same thing!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back