Ed Reed Wants The Job

Advertisement
There are better candidates, certainly, but I'm not dismissive of this idea.

I think Reed in a ASU Herm Edwards like situation could be successful here.

Herm Edwards was an nfl head coach for many years. What do you not understand about this not being remotely the same thing as a former player who never coached anywhere. My god the stupidity is beyond belief.

Im sure you were sunshine pumping Manny for the dumb chain for years too.

Ed on his one year

Zero doubt he’s better than the current DC and safeties coach. I bet Bandy makes a better old fashion tho.
Reeds tweet was out of frustration. Obviously hes watching Manny stink up the joint, but theres just some bad, borderline unprofessional coaching going on in the NFL and CFB. Its malpractice **** near.

I guess he figured I can do better than this ****.

Nah....Pfftt...what would Ed know about Championship level FB??.....

Randy Shannon knew championships. So did Richt,

I really think some people think the job is just “showing fire” and “having swag”, which is why they fell for Manny in the first place. It’s an astounding level of stupidity.

Advertisement
Anyone know why Reed isn’t coaching somewhere now? Just wondering why he isn’t working at the craft if he really wants to pursue it..

& if they had that level of foresight that's exactly what we wouldve told this mamawhicho

Miami administration has lacked foresight since Butch left. Each and every hire since was the “easy” hire. Easy bc the players wanted that guy, easy bc the guy had Miami ties, etc. outside of golden, who never fit from day 1 with his type of systems he wanted to run, this administration has made little effort in putting together a real staff.

Advertisement
Herm Edwards was an nfl head coach for many years. What do you not understand about this not being remotely the same thing as a former player who never coached anywhere. My god the stupidity is beyond belief.

Im sure you were sunshine pumping Manny for the dumb chain for years too.
Calm down my friend. Yall boys get so tight over message board posts. It's quite fascinating.

1. First, off, Reed has coached (and you talk of stupidity, at least do some research).

2. Again -- I am suggesting a similar situation and structure to Herm Edwards, not comparing them directly. If you want to compare resumes, Edward's was a pedestrian HC who never win big, so I'm not so sure how hiring him over a newbie is superior anyway (but once more. I wasnt comparing resumes).

3. Actually I used to get negged all the time for calling Manny overrated. Probably by dudes like you who get super heated over message board posts and cant seem to disagree with some civility or name calling.

Thanks for playing, tho.

So what's the difference between him & pepe then? Atleast ed knows how to win & will recruit out this world.

so dsd, can you give any of us at least a little bit of hope? Does Manny or anybody in the building at Hecht at least realize that something is wrong? This is honestly the first time I can remember seeing a team get worse as the season goes on.

Randy Shannon knew championships. So did Richt,

I really think some people think the job is just “showing fire” and “having swag”, which is why they fell for Manny in the first place. It’s an astounding level of stupidity.
Randy Shannon didn’t know championships. His mind proves the tabula rasa theory isn’t just at birth.

Calm down my friend. Yall boys get so tight over message board posts. It's quite fascinating.

1. First, off, Reed has coached (and you talk of stupidity, at least do some research).

2. Again -- I am suggesting a similar situation and structure to Herm Edwards, not comparing them directly. Once more. If you want to compare resumes, Edward's was a pedestrian HC who never win big, so I'm not so sure how hiring him over a newbie is superior anyway (but once more. I wasnt comparing resumes).

3. Actually I used to get begged all the time for calling Manny overrated. Probably by dudes like you who get super heated over message board posts and cant seem to disagree with some civility or name calling.

Thanks for playing, tho.

Herm Edwards coached in the NFL. Playoff teams.

His NFL resume is as good as Pete Carrol’s was When USC hired him.

Howard was a mediocre NFL HC as well. Nick Saban was flat out bad.

It’s the experience running an organization that matters.

Suggesting some former player as if the job isn’t incredibly difficult and just requires “a guy who knows Miami” or “knows how to win” or some other surface level catch phrase, is so beyond stupid I can’t believe I need to even discuss it.

I would bet my life savings that you have no advanced degree. No chance. Only a total blithering idiot would think this is a good idea.

Advertisement
Randy Shannon didn’t know championships. His mind proves the tabula rasa theory isn’t just at birth.

Huh??

Randy Shannon won a championship. Then he coached on the 91 team that was maybe our best defense ever. Then won a title as a DC. And he was abysmal as a HC.

Advertisement
Herm Edwards coached in the NFL. Playoff teams.

His NFL resume is as good as Pete Carrol’s was When USC hired him.

Howard was a mediocre NFL HC as well. Nick Saban was flat out bad.

It’s the experience running an organization that matters.

Suggesting some former player as if the job isn’t incredibly difficult and just requires “a guy who knows Miami” or “knows how to win” or some other surface level catch phrase, is so beyond stupid I can’t believe I need to even discuss it.

I would bet my life savings that you have no advanced degree. No chance. Only a total blithering idiot would think this is a good idea.
Herm Edward's was 56 - 78. Now I may be a blithering idiot in your opinion, angry hostile man, but Im smart enough to know thats a LOSING record. Theres a reason why he was unemployed for a decade.

And again, you're missing the point of me even mentioning ASU in the first place.

And you still betting your life savings, huh?

Okay. Deal! I'm gonna shoot you my cash app after I send you my degree. Put your money where your mouth is, vexed guy.

I'm want that $2.59 you've been sitting on collecting ****** interest.

Dont back out.

Last edited:
There is no bigger indictment of this fan base than the continual longing for former Miami players to come be coaches.
Actually there is. It's called the continual support of losers who dont deserve this job wherever their from. For you obviously it's simply arguing who should we have rather than get rid of this ****** car salesman asap at all costs & than figure it out from there.

Actually there is. It's called the continual support of losers who dont deserve this job wherever their from. For you obviously it's simply arguing who should we have rather than get rid of this ****** car salesman asap at all costs & than figure it out from there.

Well, I try to live in reality. We're not going to get rid of him by posting on message boards.

Advertisement
Back