Ed Orgeron to be LSU head coach.

How unprepared must've LSU been throughout all of this? They get outbid for Herman and their plan B is settling for the interim corch? Surprised they didn't make a move for Fedora or someone else. Orgeron wasn't going anywhere.

Oh well, this just adds another corch to an already jam packed list of corches in the SEC. This is great.

Joe Alleva is officially on the clock. He botched the Miles firing last year and then brought him back only to fire him a few months later. Now he hires a drunk abusive abominable failure at Old Urine as his new HC.

Orgeron must have a bigtime OC (*****in or Sotkisian) already hired. They better hope Aranda doesn't get a HC gig this offseason. He should be in line for a HC gig very soon.

Advertisement
How unprepared must've LSU been throughout all of this? They get outbid for Herman and their plan B is settling for the interim corch? Surprised they didn't make a move for Fedora or someone else. Orgeron wasn't going anywhere.

Oh well, this just adds another corch to an already jam packed list of corches in the SEC. This is great.

Joe Alleva is officially on the clock. He botched the Miles firing last year and then brought him back only to fire him a few months later. Now he hires a drunk abusive abominable failure at Old Urine as his new HC.

Orgeron must have a bigtime OC (*****in or Sotkisian) already hired. They better hope Aranda doesn't get a HC gig this offseason. He should be in line for a HC gig very soon.

They should have promoted Aranda if they were going to promote from the staff. Although I honestly find promoting from a fired staff to be a rather odd move. (See Shannon, Randall)

Texas money

You really don't know much about anything at all do you?

What would be the issue letting them in the ACC . Explain ? Let's hear your logic behind runnng your mouth

There's not an issue with bringing them to the ACC in thought. Except that it would be an insane trip for teams like Boston College and Syracuse to go all the way to Texas to play a conference game. A complete outlier in terms of location.

But I'm just saying that you have no idea what you're talking about with Texas money. How would that bring Texas money to the ACC? The poorest school in Texas is going to bring money to the ACC when the majority of the schools in the state are in the Big12 and all the state cares about is UT and A&M?

More viewers bigger broad cast . A plane ride is a plane ride . Solid team more bowl money plus they play a lot in that area u mentioned now

Houston doesn't even have a fan base. It's less popular than Rice in Texas. Their stadium was built in 2014 and holds 40k and the year it was built right before Herman they couldn't even get it half full.

I can't imagine Fisher and Herman were the only two people to turn LSU down if they're hiring Orgeron. They must have gotten turned down by about 5,000 candidates. Orgeron has to be some really desperate choice because they can't get anybody else.

Horrible hire.

I don't get it. You fire your HC before the season ends to get a jumpstart over everyone else (who had to operate secretly as their HC is still employed), only to hire your previous HCs assistant ?? Players are always going to root for whoever they feel more comfortable with. UM hired Larry Coker and we are just now getting over the damage that was done more than a decade later. LSU has oil money and is the only real college team in the entire state. This seems like a lazy hire. There's too many good coaches and they have too much $ for a move like this. Yes, Houston lost to some suspect teams this year but Herman is a far better coach than Ed-O..

Advertisement
Lol

I guess I should have submitted my CV for the LSU job. Since Coach O and I had the same shot at getting the job.

Lol

And remind me why Kiffin would leave for the same job at LSU?

:monkey-serious:

Unless he stays at Houston, that interview he did before the Memphis game made him look really bad.

[MENTION=4921]MIATL[/MENTION] What did he do/say in interview that made him look bad. I didn't see it.

He refuted the reports that he had a deal in place with LSU. He looked fine to me.

I like Coach O, it's literally his dream job, he's a true Cajun that loves the area and the people. That said, I don't know if his personality type works in modern college football, at a big time job. Orgeron is a tough, no nonsense guy that lacks subtlety, in todays super PC world, that lack of subtlety will lead to some issues. Coach O will never be a politician, he will always be an old school football coach. That said, the guy does have an eye for coaching talent, Frank Wilson, and Hugh Freeze were both youngsters that got their start with Coach O at Ole Miss.

Advertisement
LOL. Next time the clowns come out talking about how programs like LSU and UF can hire whoever they want just remember this hire. They pulled a UM hiring a staff member from the fired coach's staff.

It's a different climate. Great P5 coaches are staying put. They're not jumping to other supposedly higher profile gigs because they're already making a ton of money and are comfortable wherever they are.

I wouldn't put LSU in 'get whoever they want' category but they clearly could've had Herman if they wanted him. They picked the guy who "wanted the job, not the money". Sounds like some clowns on the recruiting board wanting 2 stars that "want to be Canes". LSU really ****ed themselves with the Miles deal and lost some negotiating power, but in the end they ****ed themselves by not waiting for Herman.

Lol no. Herman turned down LSU not the other way around. They struck out on their two top guya and had to settle

You really don't know much about anything at all do you?

What would be the issue letting them in the ACC . Explain ? Let's hear your logic behind runnng your mouth

There's not an issue with bringing them to the ACC in thought. Except that it would be an insane trip for teams like Boston College and Syracuse to go all the way to Texas to play a conference game. A complete outlier in terms of location.

But I'm just saying that you have no idea what you're talking about with Texas money. How would that bring Texas money to the ACC? The poorest school in Texas is going to bring money to the ACC when the majority of the schools in the state are in the Big12 and all the state cares about is UT and A&M?

More viewers bigger broad cast . A plane ride is a plane ride . Solid team more bowl money plus they play a lot in that area u mentioned now

Houston doesn't even have a fan base. It's less popular than Rice in Texas. Their stadium was built in 2014 and holds 40k and the year it was built right before Herman they couldn't even get it half full.

LMFAO at Rice being more popular than UH. Remember, Houston had a run in the eighties and early nineties(Miami actually ended them in 91), Houston has seen recent success under Briles and Sumlin, so it's not like they weren't decent before Herman got there.

Advertisement

LMFAO at Rice being more popular than UH. Remember, Houston had a run in the eighties and early nineties(Miami actually ended them in 91), Houston has seen recent success under Briles and Sumlin, so it's not like they weren't decent before Herman got there.

Nobody is open minded

Rice has much more money than Houston and they had the same fan base as Houston until they got Herman.

This post started talking about "Texas money" and that's where I threw Rice into this conversation. They may be the richest school in Texas right with UTa and A&M

Last edited:

Rice has much more money than Houston and they had the same fan base as Houston until they got Herman.

They win

Advertisement

They win

Ok. You're argument was Texas money. I was just telling you how that had nothing to do with anything because Houston doesn't have money. If adding a winning program to the ACC is an argument then ok.

Except it's going to look bad when they start beating the Tobacco Road teams and they complain about having to travel to Houston for a game. Then, there's no money if those teams were to leave.

The ACC is basically ran by UNC and there's no way they would ever let Houston in the ACC. Just to be real with you. They're not sending money to Texas. They'd let East Carolina in before Houston just to keep the money in the state.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back