Ed Orgeron to be LSU head coach.

I think it's a good hire. Former HC, and led lsu to 5-2 record, and played buma to a 10-0 loss. He will have them ready!

Good for them! Just not against US!

So it's a good hire because he lost to a rival by 10 points?

Golden lost to FSU by only 5 points or less 3 times....

Advertisement
LOL. Next time the clowns come out talking about how programs like LSU and UF can hire whoever they want just remember this hire. They pulled a UM hiring a staff member from the fired coach's staff.

It's a different climate. Great P5 coaches are staying put. They're not jumping to other supposedly higher profile gigs because they're already making a ton of money and are comfortable wherever they are.

I wouldn't put LSU in 'get whoever they want' category but they clearly could've had Herman if they wanted him. They picked the guy who "wanted the job, not the money". Sounds like some clowns on the recruiting board wanting 2 stars that "want to be Canes". LSU really ****ed themselves with the Miles deal and lost some negotiating power, but in the end they ****ed themselves by not waiting for Herman.

LOL. Next time the clowns come out talking about how programs like LSU and UF can hire whoever they want just remember this hire. They pulled a UM hiring a staff member from the fired coach's staff.

It's a different climate. Great P5 coaches are staying put. They're not jumping to other supposedly higher profile gigs because they're already making a ton of money and are comfortable wherever they are.

I wouldn't put LSU in 'get whoever they want' category but they clearly could've had Herman if they wanted him. They picked the guy who "wanted the job, not the money". Sounds like some clowns on the recruiting board wanting 2 stars that "want to be Canes". LSU really ****ed themselves with the Miles deal and lost some negotiating power, but in the end they ****ed themselves by not waiting for Herman.

I wouldn't doubt Herman turned them down, has his eyes set on Texas.

Advertisement
LSU ****ed themselves like many schools do thinking a coach is going to pan out for a long time and give big contracts with huge *** buyouts.

Paying off Miles plus paying for big name replacement buyout plus paying replacement new yearly salary equals paying way to ******* much.

Coach O will buffer this problem for a few years. The results on the field will decline but they think he will keep the cupboard stocked for when the cost to upgrade will not be so devastating as it is right now.

I think it's a good hire. Former HC, and led lsu to 5-2 record, and played buma to a 10-0 loss. He will have them ready!

Good for them! Just not against US!

So it's a good hire because he lost to a rival by 10 points?

Golden lost to FSU by only 5 points or less 3 times....

We hired a guy with the 4th highest winning percentage among active coaches and people complained that he didn't win enough. Don't look for logic here.

So USCw and LSU are considered to be top 5 jobs and they both hire the interim guy that everyone likes? Got it

I'm sure that's the way it will be spun but the "sources" (whoever they are) were saying he preferred LSU and just got caught trying to turn it into a bigger salary. Either way, Herman might be the biggest loser in this whole thing.

Advertisement
So USCw and LSU are considered to be top 5 jobs and they both hire the interim guy that everyone likes? Got it

Both may end up being good decisions.

It worked for Clemson, when they promoted the WR coach.

Outside of Saban, Harbaugh, and Meyer, there are no absolute "can't miss" HC candidates, IMO.

Unless he stays at Houston, that interview he did before the Memphis game made him look really bad.

Credit to Houston, though. They said they wouldn't get outbid for him. If he leaves, it won't be because of salary.

I'm sure that's the way it will be spun but the "sources" (whoever they are) were saying he preferred LSU and just got caught trying to turn it into a bigger salary. Either way, Herman might be the biggest loser in this whole thing.

Both may end up being good decisions.

It worked for Clemson, when they promoted the WR coach.

Outside of Saban, Harbaugh, and Meyer, there are no absolute "can't miss" HC candidates, IMO.

Clay Helton has surprised me. Shoot, I think he's probably surprised even the guys who kept him on board.

You could make the argument that had they started Darnold from the get go they might be undefeated right now.

They're only going to get better.

That's what they get for thinking they could just go out & grab whoever they wanted. No top coach wants that position with the way they did Miles last year. I'd take the mad hatter over the wife beater anyday.

Advertisement
Unless he stays at Houston, that interview he did before the Memphis game made him look really bad.

Credit to Houston, though. They said they wouldn't get outbid for him. If he leaves, it won't be because of salary.

Supposedly Houston offered him another million per year yesterday but they better go a lot higher if Texas really wants him. By the way, Texas hasn't fired Strong yet, right?

Advertisement
He may be a former Miami assistant but this is a godawful hire. I am not joking one tiny bit when I say I'd prefer Al Golden being Miami head coach over Orgeron. Do you people have any idea how much of a catastrophe Orgeron was at Ole Miss? Orgeron also has never been a DC his whole career and has only been a DL coach, except when he was Ole Miss head coach.

I can't believe they'd fire a successful coach like Miles to hire Orgeron. That is just mind boggling.

Coach O borrowed Golden's binder and impressed the **** out of LSU with it. There is one big difference, He cares about LSU, Golden was looking to use Miami to go to PSU or the NFL.

Well it's hard to argue with Goldens methods, he accomplished what he was looking to do. He made it to the NFL!

He may be a former Miami assistant but this is a godawful hire. I am not joking one tiny bit when I say I'd prefer Al Golden being Miami head coach over Orgeron. Do you people have any idea how much of a catastrophe Orgeron was at Ole Miss? Orgeron also has never been a DC his whole career and has only been a DL coach, except when he was Ole Miss head coach.

I can't believe they'd fire a successful coach like Miles to hire Orgeron. That is just mind boggling.

I would prefer DBC to Folden.

Herman will never be able to go to the playoffs with Houston. That's why Texas and the Big 12 left out Houston in the expansion. They know if Houston's in the Big 12, there's no way they're getting Herman.

Advertisement
Back