Ed Orgeron to be LSU head coach.

There's not an issue with bringing them to the ACC in thought. Except that it would be an insane trip for teams like Boston College and Syracuse to go all the way to Texas to play a conference game. A complete outlier in terms of location.

But I'm just saying that you have no idea what you're talking about with Texas money. How would that bring Texas money to the ACC? The poorest school in Texas is going to bring money to the ACC when the majority of the schools in the state are in the Big12 and all the state cares about is UT and A&M?

More viewers bigger broad cast . A plane ride is a plane ride . Solid team more bowl money plus they play a lot in that area u mentioned now

Houston doesn't even have a fan base. It's less popular than Rice in Texas. Their stadium was built in 2014 and holds 40k and the year it was built right before Herman they couldn't even get it half full.

LMFAO at Rice being more popular than UH. Remember, Houston had a run in the eighties and early nineties(Miami actually ended them in 91), Houston has seen recent success under Briles and Sumlin, so it's not like they weren't decent before Herman got there.

Rice has much more money than Houston and they had the same fan base as Houston until they got Herman.

This post started talking about "Texas money" and that's where I threw Rice into this conversation. They may be the richest school in Texas right with UTa and A&M

They are rich ACADEMICALLY. NO ONE PUTS THEIR MONEY INTO THE RICE ATHLETIC PROGRAM. What you are saying is similar to someone saying "Harvard is an attractive football program, look at how much money the school has". Never mind the fact that Rice, and their booster base couldn't care less about the athletic program. David Bailiff is there because that's what they can afford. Period. Rice, even if by some act of God started winning would still be screwed, because the school itself isn't set up for athletic department success. It's a big time research university, with high academic standards, and they aren't moving those goalposts just for a couple of wins.

By the way, Houston has seen far more success over the last decade than Rice, and that was BEFORE Herman got there. Remember, Art Briles and Kevin Sumlin both won at UH, Rice has been mediocre for **** near ever. Look at what D. Bailiff has done at Rice, he's a god there, and for most of his tenure, they have struggled to be bowl eligible.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't get it. You fire your HC before the season ends to get a jumpstart over everyone else (who had to operate secretly as their HC is still employed), only to hire your previous HCs assistant ??

Yep. Odd timing. Assuming Jimbo & Herman turned them down, why not wait to see what other candidates are available before making a decision, even if it is in the offseason?! Ed isn't going anywhere.. He's a Plan C coRch.

At least reach out to Chip Kelly, Dabo, Petrino .. or even Briles (it's the SEC) if offensive minded is a must. If not then plenty of proven coaches like Stoops, Patterson, D'Antonio, etc might listen. Heck I'd take Strong 100 times over before NOrgeron.

Devonta Smith commits to Richt again?

Orgeron is a monster recruiter. And he'll make a splash hire at OC. They'll battle Alabama for Smith, and we'll finish third. The low expectation dopes will laud Rick for having us in the picture for a national recruit.

More viewers bigger broad cast . A plane ride is a plane ride . Solid team more bowl money plus they play a lot in that area u mentioned now

Houston doesn't even have a fan base. It's less popular than Rice in Texas. Their stadium was built in 2014 and holds 40k and the year it was built right before Herman they couldn't even get it half full.

LMFAO at Rice being more popular than UH. Remember, Houston had a run in the eighties and early nineties(Miami actually ended them in 91), Houston has seen recent success under Briles and Sumlin, so it's not like they weren't decent before Herman got there.

Rice has much more money than Houston and they had the same fan base as Houston until they got Herman.

This post started talking about "Texas money" and that's where I threw Rice into this conversation. They may be the richest school in Texas right with UTa and A&M

They are rich ACADEMICALLY. NO ONE PUTS THEIR MONEY INTO THE RICE ATHLETIC PROGRAM. What you are saying is similar to someone saying "Harvard is an attractive football program, look at how much money the school has". Never mind the fact that Rice, and their booster base couldn't care less about the athletic program. David Bailiff is there because that's what they can afford. Period. Rice, even if by some act of God started winning would still be screwed, because the school itself isn't set up for athletic department success. It's a big time research university, with high academic standards, and they aren't moving those goalposts just for a couple of wins.

By the way, Houston has seen far more success over the last decade than Rice, and that was BEFORE Herman got there. Remember, Art Briles and Kevin Sumlin both won at UH, Rice has been mediocre for **** near ever. Look at what D. Bailiff has done at Rice, he's a god there, and for most of his tenure, they have struggled to be bowl eligible.

Houston has no money academically or athletically. The dude wanted Houston in the ACC for "Texas money". Never once did I say that Rice was a good football program. I'm not a dumbass. I'm saying Houston to the ACC gives us no more money than we currently have. There's no fan base, there's no way Tobacco Road people within the ACC are going to want to send money to a team in Texas every year that doesn't even boost our ratings and a team that would come in and beat all of their alma maters. You're missing the point of the argument here.

I don't get it. You fire your HC before the season ends to get a jumpstart over everyone else (who had to operate secretly as their HC is still employed), only to hire your previous HCs assistant ??

Yep. Odd timing. Assuming Jimbo & Herman turned them down, why not wait to see what other candidates are available before making a decision, even if it is in the offseason?! Ed isn't going anywhere.. He's a Plan C coRch.

At least reach out to Chip Kelly, Dabo, Petrino .. or even Briles (it's the SEC) if offensive minded is a must. If not then plenty of proven coaches like Stoops, Patterson, D'Antonio, etc might listen. Heck I'd take Strong 100 times over before NOrgeron.

Maybe they did reach out and got rejected by all their top choices. We have no clue who they contacted. Media morons had Herman as a done deal to them.

Advertisement
LOL. Next time the clowns come out talking about how programs like LSU and UF can hire whoever they want just remember this hire. They pulled a UM hiring a staff member from the fired coach's staff.

It's a different climate. Great P5 coaches are staying put. They're not jumping to other supposedly higher profile gigs because they're already making a ton of money and are comfortable wherever they are.

I wouldn't put LSU in 'get whoever they want' category but they clearly could've had Herman if they wanted him. They picked the guy who "wanted the job, not the money". Sounds like some clowns on the recruiting board wanting 2 stars that "want to be Canes". LSU really ****ed themselves with the Miles deal and lost some negotiating power, but in the end they ****ed themselves by not waiting for Herman.

Lol no. Herman turned down LSU not the other way around. They struck out on their two top guya and had to settle

Lol source?

Houston has no money academically or athletically. The dude wanted Houston in the ACC for "Texas money". Never once did I say that Rice was a good football program. I'm not a dumbass. I'm saying Houston to the ACC gives us no more money than we currently have. There's no fan base, there's no way Tobacco Road people within the ACC are going to want to send money to a team in Texas every year that doesn't even boost our ratings and a team that would come in and beat all of their alma maters. You're missing the point of the argument here.

What the fck does "Texas money" have to do with inviting a team to join the ACC? This ain't a strip club or a Ferrari dealership. They would TAKE money from the ACC not GIVE money to the ACC. It's a retarded argument.

What the fck does "Texas money" have to do with inviting a team to join the ACC? This ain't a strip club or a Ferrari dealership. They would TAKE money from the ACC not GIVE money to the ACC. It's a retarded argument.
Shalala did this for years

Advertisement

Are you brain injured, bro? I don't want to say hurtful things to you if you are.

Are you brain injured, bro? I don't want to say hurtful things to you if you are.
Lol not injured Just think Houston would help the ACC . Once we joined the ACC shalala did nothing to win because she got paid regardless these are facts

LSU is going the Clemson and USC route. Hire the incumbent, save some money, and give him the runway to do what he wants.

It was rumored that he would hire Lane Kiffin to be his OC. I imagine he has to have a top flight OC in his back pocket for His move to make sense.

If they do hire Kiffin, he'll likely be the highest paid assistant coach in college football.

Lane ain't doing **** without saban recruits that's the hard truth

Advertisement
Herman is the most adored head coach to lose to Navy, SMU and Memphis in the same year.

He's still far better than Orgeron though.

I think Herman is legit.....when I get a five star player to go to Houston ur a savage. His best days r ahead of him there's no doubt about it

Now LSU is saying THEY turned down Herman when he asked for $6.5 mil per year. Surrrrre they did. Funny how we were always told that money ain't never an issue in the mighty $EC but it's seemingly why LSU had to keep Lester another year, couldn't afford Jimbo and *supposedly turned down Herman. Almost as funny as a "marquee" SEC program having to settle for Miles' line coach as their head coach and now praying for an OC hire to save them.

Bottom line- we've been force fed the narrative about mighty SEC superiority in everything for so long that some people actually believed it to be true. There was ALWAYS just as much money to be spent in Texas and in the Big Ten but for some reason people started to believe that hilljack or cajan fanaticism somehow elevated that conference. ALL their underwhelming conference wide post-Saban hires prove that wrong.

Last edited:
Shows what the think of Jimbo, doesn't look like he was even invited to the dance.

he was invited there are a lot of stories out there how he wanted 6.8 mil for 10 years and lsu balked. which they shouldn't of. to me going cheap is always a bad idea.

Clemson went swinney because he was a young up and comer and why not at time Clemson had a history of going 8-4 every year, lsu has a history of competing for titles and just fired miles for what to keep orgeron as head coach. bad move. I wonder how long alleva remains ad after this hire.

Advertisement

Exactly what I'm saying. Now bringing in Texas A&M or Texas (obviously not happening) that has a huge fan base, has **** tons of money.. then they'll make us money. That's why Houston isn't in the Big12. Does no good to bring in a team that doesn't boost ratings and then just beats all of your high profile teams and costs you money

Horrible hire.

I don't get it. You fire your HC before the season ends to get a jumpstart over everyone else (who had to operate secretly as their HC is still employed), only to hire your previous HCs assistant ?? Players are always going to root for whoever they feel more comfortable with. UM hired Larry Coker and we are just now getting over the damage that was done more than a decade later. LSU has oil money and is the only real college team in the entire state. This seems like a lazy hire. There's too many good coaches and they have too much $ for a move like this. Yes, Houston lost to some suspect teams this year but Herman is a far better coach than Ed-O..

No coach gets hired because of player lobbying. Coker got hired because Mr. Davis departed Miami right before National Signing Day and nobody was going to leave their job that late to to take the Miami job. Orgeron got hired because he's Cajun and a bunch of people must have turned LSU down.

We're too classy a group but it'd be funny if certain Miami guys in-the-know went public with the dirt they have on Orgeron and his time here just prior to our little match-up in Dallas......if he's still there. I personally don't know the details but supposedly there are very good reasons that those guys always swear that Orgeron was 1000% toxic in relation to not being able to ever come back here. And not toxic in the manner that some were still butthurt over Butch's departure to Cleveland but toxic in the manner that he did some unforgivable **** here.

We're too classy a group but it'd be funny if certain Miami guys in-the-know went public with the dirt they have on Orgeron and his time here just prior to our little match-up in Dallas......if he's still there. I personally don't know the details but supposedly there are very good reasons that those guys always swear that Orgeron was 1000% toxic in relation to not being able to ever come back here. And not toxic in the manner that some were still butthurt over Butch's departure to Cleveland but toxic in the manner that he did some unforgivable **** here.

Go on....

Advertisement
Back