Ed looking to slide?

Advertisement
I'd wager that he's not exactly pleased that Diaz can just do what he wants willy, nilly. Can almost guarantee he recommended to let go of a couple of those jokers and he's realized he's just a figurehead with 0 power
If he felt that way, why would he still want a job? I think he would have more integrity than that. But maybe not. He can always quit if he doesn't like the direction the program is taking and he feels he has no voice in it. If I were him, I don't need to be a figure head of what I think is a **** show. But that's just me.

Advertisement
I meant Ed openly and publicly campaigning for jobs while he's employed here sums up how much of a clown show we are.

Not how much of a clown show “we” are, how much of a clown show Blake James is. I would fire Blake just for this. Can’t control his employees.

Reed is one of my-and everyone's-favorite Canes but this is just odd. From what we've heard, notwithstanding the fact he's been employed, he's lived or resided (at least part time) out of state. I don't recall him at any games after the first few. And he's appearing on cigar podcasts and whatnot. If he is committed to the grind, then why has his involvement here been very lukewarm as opposed to living here full time and really trying to effectuate change?

Advertisement
I don’t understand why we don’t have the greatest safety of all time on this coaching staff?? It’s a no brainer from both recruiting and coaching stand point.No offense to DVD but Ed Reed forgot more than he knows about how to play cornerback and safety at the highest level. And it makes more sense paired with TROB... they would completely lock down db recruiting imo.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why we don’t have the greatest safety of all time on this coaching staff?? It’s a no brainer from both recruiting and coaching stand point.No offense to DVD but Ed Reed forgot more than he knows about how to play cornerback and safety at the highest level. And it makes more sense paired with TROB... they would completely lock down db recruiting imo.
Yeah, E Reed > DVD; but a guy like E Reed may not want to play second fiddle to Robinson. So it's logistically difficult. (And Robinson may not appreciate the threat of a HOF under him either.)

Advertisement
Lol at Ed being a HC or a DC anytime soon. Dude spends half his time on insta live or smoking cigars which is exactly what I would do if I was as successful as him. I'd be open to him as a secondaries coach or special teams but 0% chance he gets anything more than that.

Advertisement
You dont just jump from player to DC / Head Coach with any NFL or major college program. Doesn't matter who you are.

Advertisement
Back