$EC Bagmen getting sloppy/Dawgs Next?

I can attest to this was on an official to Bama back in early Saban years during the iron bowl game (for baseball) a good good friend of mine was on an official for football and we planned to go together. Andre Smith was his host. About halfway through my baseball ish, I realized the football guys were having a lot more fun so I bounced over to them.

The Bama bells were there, all the players had stacks of cash when we went out later, and the players know about the racist nature but simply see it as a means to an end. I saw a frat house packed and I asked Andre about stopping in and he just gave a quick head shake and a "nah" and said he didn't mess with frats like that. Could have meant anything but then later in the night we went to hit an ihop (or dennys?) and he drove by no joke 2 and when I pointed it out to him that we just passed it, his response was something like no we can't go to that one we need to go across the tracks. Meanwhile I am a 17 yr old kid not overly accustomed to this type of **** and I was shocked. A couple of the players did foot the bill for drinks and food all night and were very friendly and accommodating.

In conclusion, neither my friend or myself ended up at Bama, I got very drunk and slept on Andre's couch, and the next morning I had lost everyone from the baseball program and my buddy was getting a ride to the airport with a football staffer, I went to jump in the car, the staffer stopped me, brought me into some office, they printed out some ish for me to sign that I think basically said I was now on an official for football and then they let me ride in the car. So dirty program, yes, but do they run a tight ship? yes. they wouldnt even let me catch a free ride with my buddy to the airport without having a proper paper trail.

I know someone who played in the SEC and then had a decent NFL career. He told me straight up "**** yeah I got money" and laughed when he said it.

Advertisement
I think Bamas scam is that the recruits have their own crappy car, it develops "engine problems", then they take it to Sabans dealership (he actually owns dealerships believe it or not), and they pick whatever car they want as a long term loaner. Almost no way to trace it. Whats the ncaa going to do, subpoena the dealership records and have expert mechanics investigate?
They needed to investigate the huge wads of cash that three of their recruits posted themselves holding on NSD. In the case of the car dealerships - Saban now owns five of them I believe. And he leases to his players. The NCAA should be focusing intently upon them, not ignoring what is a GIANT red flag just because it is inconvenient.

Because it’s inconvenient, that is why a school that has a “name value” but is not a top revenue producer like Tennessee or Miami makes a convenient target for the NCAA to go after.

Advertisement
I think the Canes players bragged about their loaners, and they took their original cars to an exotic car dealership on Miami Beach and got loaner ferraris or something like that. Bush league. Go to a regular dealership and it's a lot harder to track.
Fire Baker, take his salary and hire some Russian hackers...problem solved!

Rhe SEC can get as sloppy as they want. NOTHING is going to happen. They're Clay Shaw, untouchable; highest clearance. Anyone who hasn't seen that by now obviously AINT paying attention.
Claw Shaw love the JFK reference. To be fair he did end up dead tho lol

Advertisement
They needed to investigate the huge wads of cash that three of their recruits posted themselves holding on NSD. In the case of the car dealerships - Saban now owns five of them I believe. And he leases to his players. The NCAA should be focusing intently upon them, not ignoring what is a GIANT red flag just because it is inconvenient.

Because it’s inconvenient, that is why a school that has a “name value” but is not a top revenue producer like Tennessee or Miami makes a convenient target for the NCAA to go after.
Yet we had guys kicked off team for driving a rental car

It not just bags, it’s the level of bags that a lot of these schools are dropping. When I was at UCF, players were getting free stuff and this was years ago when they just jumped to D1 and nobody cared about them. Everybody on campus knew Daunte Culpepper’s Lincoln Navigator. I laugh when people say “it’s not bags” when the same schools sign the best kids every single year. The bidding for 5 star guys starts at over $100,000. Everyone is in on the game. Some have to be more discreet about it. Others have free reign to do whatever they want.

Advertisement
Advertisement
LSU had to be broadcast on national television to get any sort of penalty. At most we are looking at a 1 bowl game ban for Vols.

Tennessee supposedly has 30+ major recruiting violations. Their fans should "prepare thy ****"
NCAA going in raw.

f47.gif

Advertisement
Back