Eason just announced to Georgia

Thanks, Big O. THose numbers are pedestrian too. I was hoping the junior numbers I mentioned were an aberration, but it looks like the senior numbers are nothing to write home about either.

I was one of the only guys on here who was critical of Olsen before he got here, and a big part of that was based on the fact that he didn't dominate HS competition. Guys lambasted me for being critical of Olsen, but, as it turned out, his game had massive holes in it.

You don't have to be a 50 TD guy in HS to be a great college QB, but I always look for QBs that dominate their competition and are very accurate passers with excellent TD/INT ratios. Accuracy is a pretty tough thing to improve, and accuracy is the number 1 thing you should look for in a QB assuming he has a good enough arm to compete at this level. You don't usually see inaccurate QBs get appreciably more accurate.

i'm with you. those numbers don't have me sold at all. if those are correct, he's 29-19 in td-int ratio between his junior and senior year. measurables in camp don't mean **** if you can't make good decisions.

Advertisement
He would play right away and Grier would come back after some games. If Eason doesn't look like a top tier QB right away he could set himself up for 2-3 years on the bench since they like Grier so much. At Miami he would get a year to sit. So when it's his turn he's fully ready to go. I think the smarter decision is wait and learn behind Kayaa and Richt for a year and then use his pure talent to become a star.

yup. when grier comes back for the 7th game, he will be the starter. no way a true freshman comes in and outperforms a 3rd year grier. grier can still practice the whole time. would be dumb of eason to go to uf if he thinks he's gonna win the starting job. ****, a 4th year rsjr del rio is probably better than a true freshman eason. del rio has been in the system all year.

eason's best bet to play right away is uga. that's a really nice town and i still see him going there.

Grier is unlikely to get the job back unless we completely bomb on offense, it doesn't logically make any sense. Let's say Eason signs with UF, goes through all of spring ball as the starter, and then plays the first 6 games, it makes no sense to go back to Grier. At that point the staff would have already invested significant time into his development and the best bet would just be to continue to let a young QB grow as your starter. Why would you yank him at that point? You slow his development and likely **** him off and cause a transfer if you bench him when he's playing well.

Advertisement

Thanks, Big O. THose numbers are pedestrian too. I was hoping the junior numbers I mentioned were an aberration, but it looks like the senior numbers are nothing to write home about either.

I was one of the only guys on here who was critical of Olsen before he got here, and a big part of that was based on the fact that he didn't dominate HS competition. Guys lambasted me for being critical of Olsen, but, as it turned out, his game had massive holes in it.

You don't have to be a 50 TD guy in HS to be a great college QB, but I always look for QBs that dominate their competition and are very accurate passers with excellent TD/INT ratios. Accuracy is a pretty tough thing to improve, and accuracy is the number 1 thing you should look for in a QB assuming he has a good enough arm to compete at this level. You don't usually see inaccurate QBs get appreciably more accurate.

i'm with you. those numbers don't have me sold at all. if those are correct, he's 29-19 in td-int ratio between his junior and senior year. measurables in camp don't mean **** if you can't make good decisions.

Yeah iirc Jeff Driskel was similar. Didn't have amazing stats but killed it in camps.

In defense of Jack. His OL is garbage and suspect WRs.

Watched his senior film. Which was only mid season and he had 11 pass TDs and 1 rush TD. It's possible the stats pulled up were not his year end results, just saying. Doubt he would go the other half of the year without any TDs.

His junior year he was nursing some type of ankle or foot injury. Was in a cast in the offseason.

This article was written on Oct 22 and said he had 11 TDs and 4 ints. Prep football | Palmetto quarterback Jack Allison receives Under Armour All-American jersey | Bradenton Herald

They had 3 games after Oct 22, and the only scored one touchdown in those three games.. Palmetto Football (15-16) Schedule - Palmetto, FL |MaxPreps

Must have been a rushing touchdown.

Advertisement

Off the top of my head: Jeff Driskel, Kevin Olsen, Gray Crow....all QB's who did nothing in High school and went on to do nothing in college.

The lack of production in HS from a QB is a HUGE Red Flag.

Yep. Driskel had something like 1600 yards passing in HS and was still somehow rated a 5-star. I remember watching one of his junior highlights and seeing like 10 throws on the entire clip, it was completely baffling he was rated high. You guys have to remember that a lot of these QB's get their ranking off of physical stature and arm strength.

Driskel attended Paul J. Hagerty High School in Oviedo, Florida. During his career he threw for 4,844 yards and 36 touchdowns.

Allison stated he's not scared of competition and now Eason has lost interest.

Give me the QB with gusto than 'rankings'.

Advertisement
KillaStore - Agreed to an extent, but we had the same situation with Kayaa, and a lot of the players wanted Williams to start when he returned from injury last year, but Golden went with favoritism and the development rather than who gives you the best shot to win. Created even more hostility in the locker room. By all means, I hope the same thing happens to you Gata and the team falls apart because of stupid decisions like this, but you have to go with the best QB at the time, not think about growth if you're gonna lose.

Advertisement
KillaStore - Agreed to an extent, but we had the same situation with Kayaa, and a lot of the players wanted Williams to start when he returned from injury last year, but Golden went with favoritism and the development rather than who gives you the best shot to win. Created even more hostility in the locker room. By all means, I hope the same thing happens to you Gata and the team falls apart because of stupid decisions like this, but you have to go with the best QB at the time, not think about growth if you're gonna lose.

So you really think Williams should have started over Kaaya? I would have made the same move. Matter of fact I would only see it as favoritism if you pick the player because he has been there, and other players like him. Kaaya clearly was the better QB and I'm pretty sure Coley made the decision on starting Q not Al. Either way Kaaya definitely gave us a better shot to win. It's just hard for anybody to win games when you have Coley calling plays, and No'D on the other side not helping your cause. Then you got Alf telling everybody at half time not to rise to the occasion. Lmao what a joke.

So you really think Williams should have started over Kaaya? I would have made the same move. Matter of fact I would only see it as favoritism if you pick the player because he has been there, and other players like him. Kaaya clearly was the better QB and I'm pretty sure Coley made the decision on starting Q not Al. Either way Kaaya definitely gave us a better shot to win. It's just hard for anybody to win games when you have Coley calling plays, and No'D on the other side not helping your cause. Then you got Alf telling everybody at half time not to rise to the occasion. Lmao what a joke.

Like really though, how did we end up with a staff that probably couldn't even have success at the HS level...

Advertisement
Back