Eason just announced to Georgia

Advertisement
Those numbers do make me view Allison with a little more caution. Although I am still sold on his abilities, I am glad he should have a redshirt year and hopefully be a redshirt sophomore by the time he competes for a spot.

Thanks, Big O. THose numbers are pedestrian too. I was hoping the junior numbers I mentioned were an aberration, but it looks like the senior numbers are nothing to write home about either.

I was one of the only guys on here who was critical of Olsen before he got here, and a big part of that was based on the fact that he didn't dominate HS competition. Guys lambasted me for being critical of Olsen, but, as it turned out, his game had massive holes in it.

You don't have to be a 50 TD guy in HS to be a great college QB, but I always look for QBs that dominate their competition and are very accurate passers with excellent TD/INT ratios. Accuracy is a pretty tough thing to improve, and accuracy is the number 1 thing you should look for in a QB assuming he has a good enough arm to compete at this level. You don't usually see inaccurate QBs get appreciably more accurate.

Advertisement
Seems like there can't be any question marks for a kid coming out of high school. Not dominating the competition in high school, poor performance in the All-Star games, or any issues with trouble off the field, usually means they won't pan out.

Advertisement
Would love to see Allison and Eason come in and redshirt and then battle it out for the top job with Sheiriff.

Eason's an EE, lives in Wash, hasn't set up a visit here and we have the dead period a week away....

He's not coming.

Thanks, Big O. THose numbers are pedestrian too. I was hoping the junior numbers I mentioned were an aberration, but it looks like the senior numbers are nothing to write home about either.

I was one of the only guys on here who was critical of Olsen before he got here, and a big part of that was based on the fact that he didn't dominate HS competition. Guys lambasted me for being critical of Olsen, but, as it turned out, his game had massive holes in it.

You don't have to be a 50 TD guy in HS to be a great college QB, but I always look for QBs that dominate their competition and are very accurate passers with excellent TD/INT ratios. Accuracy is a pretty tough thing to improve, and accuracy is the number 1 thing you should look for in a QB assuming he has a good enough arm to compete at this level. You don't usually see inaccurate QBs get appreciably more accurate.

Off the top of my head: Jeff Driskel, Kevin Olsen, Gray Crow....all QB's who did nothing in High school and went on to do nothing in college.

The lack of production in HS from a QB is a HUGE Red Flag.

Evan Shirreffs had 23 TD's 4 INT's his senior season. For his high school career he had 39 TD's and 4 INT's.

Advertisement

Off the top of my head: Jeff Driskel, Kevin Olsen, Gray Crow....all QB's who did nothing in High school and went on to do nothing in college.

The lack of production in HS from a QB is a HUGE Red Flag.

Yep. Driskel had something like 1600 yards passing in HS and was still somehow rated a 5-star. I remember watching one of his junior highlights and seeing like 10 throws on the entire clip, it was completely baffling he was rated high. You guys have to remember that a lot of these QB's get their ranking off of physical stature and arm strength.

Advertisement
He would play right away and Grier would come back after some games. If Eason doesn't look like a top tier QB right away he could set himself up for 2-3 years on the bench since they like Grier so much. At Miami he would get a year to sit. So when it's his turn he's fully ready to go. I think the smarter decision is wait and learn behind Kayaa and Richt for a year and then use his pure talent to become a star.

yup. when grier comes back for the 7th game, he will be the starter. no way a true freshman comes in and outperforms a 3rd year grier. grier can still practice the whole time. would be dumb of eason to go to uf if he thinks he's gonna win the starting job. ****, a 4th year rsjr del rio is probably better than a true freshman eason. del rio has been in the system all year.

eason's best bet to play right away is uga. that's a really nice town and i still see him going there.

In defense of Jack. His OL is garbage and suspect WRs.

Watched his senior film. Which was only mid season and he had 11 pass TDs and 1 rush TD. It's possible the stats pulled up were not his year end results, just saying. Doubt he would go the other half of the year without any TDs.

His junior year he was nursing some type of ankle or foot injury. Was in a cast in the offseason.

Eason would be a great get, but he isn't the priority.

Allison is a stud in his own right, and we need to close on other key positions.

This. With Kayaa and Allison the QB is not a big concern. I want a fvckin defense damnit and some stud RBs.

Advertisement
Back