Eason just announced to Georgia

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
I've heard several times over the past week following his visit to UF that Eason is a heavy UF lean at the moment. As all you saw, he definitely enjoyed himself in Gainesville and he can definitely see his prospect of playing there early is much better than Miami. I would still expect Richt to make a move for Eason, but UF has a large lead from what I was told.

Last edited:
Advertisement
we have to get him here next weekend somehow. last weekend before the dead period and he's scheduled to visit UGA. This is not good.

Mixed emotions here. I would rather hope for Allison to succeed here as we already know he wants to be here and is willing to wait for his turn.

Allison and pick up the next cycle. With Kaaya locked up for probably 2 years (I don't think he will perform enough in a new system to vault up the draft), then If I am Eason, I look at the big picture, especially if your the #1 QB recruit in the country. You are not looking to be on the pine for 2 years.

Would like eason and hope Richt goes after him hard but if we "settle" for Allison I'm good

Advertisement
Allison and pick up the next cycle. With Kaaya locked up for probably 2 years (I don't think he will perform enough in a new system to vault up the draft), then If I am Eason, I look at the big picture, especially if your the #1 QB recruit in the country. You are not looking to be on the pine for 2 years.

He can always pull a Kayaa and beat out the upperclassman

Will Grier is out the first 6 or 7 games too and Eason could start day 1 there. Also, UGA has not named an OC yet and that obviously doesn't help them.

Kaaya has been saying hes staying 2 years every time he talks about it. Everytime he comments on The new HC hire he says something like "I'm happy I get to play for him for the next two years". He doesnt say "the next one to two years". That to me means he at least for now expects to be here 2 years.

Advertisement
Was told by one person that Eason had UF admission papers on his flight back from UF.

IMO Eason goes to UF...he is ready to compete now...We have Allison I'm happy with him.. Eason smarter choice would be Miami...Eason's ambition will prove to be a blessing for Jack

Odds are Eason will be a sure thing but I'm ok with Jack. Great leader and the kids seem to respect him

Can't blame him. UF is the only team in the country with ZERO QBs on the roster

Advertisement
I'm not so sure on Eason after watching that video. That sloot was mediocre looking- even by Gaynesville standards.

He would play right away and Grier would come back after some games. If Eason doesn't look like a top tier QB right away he could set himself up for 2-3 years on the bench since they like Grier so much. At Miami he would get a year to sit. So when it's his turn he's fully ready to go. I think the smarter decision is wait and learn behind Kayaa and Richt for a year and then use his pure talent to become a star.

Advertisement

Kaaya has been saying hes staying 2 years every time he talks about it. Everytime he comments on The new HC hire he says something like "I'm happy I get to play for him for the next two years". He doesnt say "the next one to two years". That to me means he at least for now expects to be here 2 years.
A first round draft grade can change a lot though. Not saying that Kaaya will have a 1st round grade next year or if he does he automatically jumps but more so that you can't take what a kid is saying right now as gospel.

Give me Jack. I like the competition that Jack's had to go against compared to Eason. Not saying Eason is a scrub by any means. Something about the kid just seems off.

Eason would be a great get, but he isn't the priority.

Allison is a stud in his own right, and we need to close on other key positions.

I'm thrilled with Allison. Last thing I want to do is ***** around with Eason and watch him go to UF and then have Jack bolt.

Advertisement
Back