Early Prediction Time W-L

Advertisement
Will offense be as good as some anticipate?. Unknown at this point. Will defense be as good as some are proclaiming they will be? Again unknown at this point. I,as always, will watch every game and hope we win. No doubt potential is there to have a good season. Just hope I see that when we play in real games.

Advertisement
Our toughest games will be early @ Mich St, short week @ Wake Forest, coming off a bye vs UNC, @ UVA & @ Va Tech.

We beat Mich St on the road & we'll be riding high for the rest of the season, we lose that game & it'll be another roller coaster up & down season.

On paper I believe we're better than every team in the Corstal, but that hasn't meant much the last 17 years.
Not worried about F$U improving under Norvell?

My 7 month old daughter has a ball popper toy that is widely inconsistent when popping the ball up and catching it in the ball return. It typically misses 1 out of every 3 or 4, but sometimes 2 or 3 in a row. I decided that the ball popper would predict our record. Amazingly it had us going 11-1 in the regular season with a loss to UNC. It had us losing to Clemson in the ACC championship but then winning what I would assume is the Orange Bowl. 12-2.. The ball popper wouldn't lie to me.

Not worried about F$U improving under Norvell?
I was initially, but they still haven't solved their DB issues & their CB's coach just got snatched from them by TAMU.

They'll obviously have that figured out by the time we play them, but I think they'll be better against everyone except us.

Plus we play them at home, Lashlee, King & company is going to light that overrated secondary up.

Last edited:
Had to take a break from all things Miami last year after I lost it at the Virginia Tech game. Glad to see you’re still here bro.
Understandable man. And yeah I'm still fighting the good fight lol.

We finally went Spread bro! Lol, after all these years we've been discussing it we finally wised up & brought us a legit Offensive play caller.

Advertisement
I see us going 9-3 with Díaz corching it up against teams we shouldn't be losing to.

The ACC is crap. The first three games are crap. Other teams have issues just like Miami. Miami hasn't had the coaching on offense or the QB to pull the trigger to make the most out of it. Everybody is so used to seeing Miami face plant, 8-4 or 9-3 sounds OK, but with this schedule, now with a proven QB, that would suck. Miami goes undefeated last year, going into the ACCCG with a good QB. Even a decent PK gets two wins, UF and GT. Looking at the same schedule, they better be 12-1 or 11-2. I know there's holes in the depth chart, but they are deep at the skill positions and this offense is meant to take the pressure off the OL, the weakest part of the team.

Advertisement
Schedule is out, stake your claim on the season recordView attachment 109579

Temple-W I had this as a loss but Lashlee lit them up last year and I think we get them
Wagner-W
UAB-W But I think it's deceptively close
Michigan State-W But I think it's deceptively close
Pitt-W
WF-W but its close
UNC-L. They started lighting it up at the end of last year with young guys. Also got a top 20 class and some really good DL guys (though they'll be young)
UVA-W. Lose Perkins but return entire OL. Defense will be tough but have a close win.
FSU-W. 4 in a row. Norvell has a mess.
VT-L. I think they're going to win the coastal. It's a toss-up between them and UNC.
GT-L. I think Collins gets us again and they improve a lot from last year.
Duke-W.

9-3. Win bowl game: 10-3 (UNC or VT with only 1 coastal loss so they play Clemson).

Manny gets extension.

In 2021 without King, we go back to 7-8 wins.

If Diaz wins 8 games this BOT and AD won't fire him.

Diaz isn’t getting fired after 2 years even if we miss a bowl. It’s just an odd delusion people have.

Taggart was a rather unique case where he sucked despite having something like the #4 roster in the country. Diaz inherited something like the #17 or #18 roster.

Plus the FSU admin cares more about football than the Miami admin anyway.

For God’s sake, this is the same university and same AD that gave Al Golden part of a fifth year. And it seems like Blake James had to be forced to fire Golden after the Clemson game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My guess is 7-5 simply because I don't think Manny is a good head coach. Many problems need to be corrected and discipline is one of them. We shall see but none of us know. Could also be 10-2 or 11-1.

No coach in America would be capable of losing to Wagner.

The rest of the season is full of a bunch of toss ups.

Advertisement
Back