Early Prediction Time W-L

10-2 possible. with just kicker improvement alone should give us a couple more wins and with better offensive scheme and quaterback play along with whatever other transfer help we get i cant see anything worse then 9-3.

Advertisement
So many variables. Another year, another schedule full of teams with less talent. Miami’s history of losing to lesser teams is glaring for most fans. Yet we haven’t seen a coach address problems this aggressively in the past. Instead of hoping a terrible coordinator (D’Onofrio, Richt) all of the sudden changes his whole philosophy and stops sucking, they replaced the underperforming coordinator and assistants. Instead of hoping the underachieving quarterback finally plays to potential, they brought in a proven commodity. The main concern of mine is whether Manny will be able to keep all the off field issues under control. There’s a definite culture problem here and it needs to be fixed as much as the on file issues needed to be fixed. If they can come out hot and win impressively early in the season, they could have a big year. Players are more likely to buy in when they see on field results. (Think the defensive improvement in 2016) If things don’t click early for the offense, the whole team could go into the tank again. We’re either going to be incredibly happy (10+ wins) or completely fed up (5-6 wins). I don’t see a so-so, 8 win season happening barring significant injuries.

Anything less than 9 wins with that schedule and the entire staff should not only be fired, but executed. 10 Wins is not only do-able, we might get it by accident.

There are zero excuses for Manny. He's got a QB, an upgrade at OC, and about as soft a schedule as any P5 coach could hope for. Win the Coastal or him, his staff, and that abortion of an AD can GTFO.

Advertisement
So many variables. Another year, another schedule full of teams with less talent. Miami’s history of losing to lesser teams is glaring for most fans. Yet we haven’t seen a coach address problems this aggressively in the past. Instead of hoping a terrible coordinator (D’Onofrio, Richt) all of the sudden changes his whole philosophy and stops sucking, they replaced the underperforming coordinator and assistants. Instead of hoping the underachieving quarterback finally plays to potential, they brought in a proven commodity. The main concern of mine is whether Manny will be able to keep all the off field issues under control. There’s a definite culture problem here and it needs to be fixed as much as the on file issues needed to be fixed. If they can come out hot and win impressively early in the season, they could have a big year. Players are more likely to buy in when they see on field results. (Think the defensive improvement in 2016) If things don’t click early for the offense, the whole team could go into the tank again. We’re either going to be incredibly happy (10+ wins) or completely fed up (5-6 wins). I don’t see a so-so, 8 win season happening barring significant injuries.
The culture is one of immaturity and no accountability. Last year they had really bad luck in losing some early games and the team quit because there was no leadership from the coaches or from the seniors. I don't know much about these kids, but the transfers this year seem to be hard workers and leaders. King, Roche and the kicker all seem like ***-kickers in the locker room. TBD, but if they get the two offensive linemen this is an amazing transformation in one offseason.

If they get two good graduate offensive linemen, then you will have 8 "new" quality veterans in the top 32. That cannot be overstated.

punter, kicker, Bolden, Phillips, King, Roche, OT, OG

Advertisement
8-4. We have talent but no depth and our weaknesses are glaring.

The combination of a bad head coach and an even worse culture means we'll continue to play up or down to the level of our competition. One bad loss and I could see the wheels fall off as they normally do. But, I think King has enough talent to keep us a float.

Not one team on that schedule scares me. We scare me.

10 - 2 and face Clemson or Manny can go fvck off.

On Defense, I'm only worried about the LBs, but that should be manageable. On Offense, the line should be better because it can't be any worse. More playmakers, a solid QB who can make things happen, and best of all a scheme that is much better suited to our talent.

No excuses, Manny. 10 - 2.

Advertisement
Not one team on that schedule scares me. We scare me.

10 - 2 and face Clemson or Manny can go fvck off.

On Defense, I'm only worried about the LBs, but that should be manageable. On Offense, the line should be better because it can't be any worse. More playmakers, a solid QB who can make things happen, and best of all a scheme that is much better suited to our talent.

No excuses, Manny. 10 - 2.
Perfect statement. Solid post #1000. My hat's off to you, sir.

Advertisement
DTP!

Welcome back holmes, long time no see.

IF King is who we think he is, paired with Lashlee, there are no excuses for less than 10 wins. Anything less than that will be a huge disappointment. 8-4 would be an epic failure with this schedule. Maybe not as epic as 6-7 with last year's schedule, but darn close. Especially considering the O should be light years better.

Advertisement
Back