Early Prediction Time W-L

WE get every one of our toughest games after our opponent has gone through a gauntlet early in the first 4-5 weeks. Still think we drop 2 gimmes 9-4

Advertisement
I really hate doing this, but I'll bite and say 11-1. This prediction rests 100% on the assumption that both King and Lashlee are the real deal, so if that assumption fails, my prediction is shot.

For what it's worth, I was not expecting anything from Tate last year, and actually had predicted that JW or Kosi would beat him out. I did think Enos would be better than he was. But again, this is different in that we have real proof that our new OC runs a kind of offense we've all wanted to see at Miami for years now. It's not going to be a "well, I hope he does X, Y, and Z" situation.

The nervous fans and also the anti-Manny-at-all-costs-all-the-time "fans" are grossly underestimating the immediate, very significant impact a *potentially* close-to-elite QB can have. Makes your entire team better in so many ways.

Last edited:
Advertisement
With King at QB and our D there are only 4 chances to actually lose IMO - at VT , FSU , Temple and UNC ( MSU is going to be horrible) But I think we end up going 10-2 or 11-1 . I mean it would be hard not to as that schedule is horrible honestly. BUt I am glad it is as we need to build momentum and that schedule does allow that.

All the people saying 8-4 are wishfully thinking as being right about Diaz is more important to yall then being a winner . Which is par for the course on CIS .
These people crack me up every year. Every single season they take one look at the schedule and start screaming "10-2 or 11-1". Guarantee this poster had 10-2 or 11-1 last year too. Most likely the year before that as well. 6-7 team until proven other wise. I'll say 7-5 this coming season and I will be a lot closer to correct than the "10-2 or 11-1" crowd.

Advertisement
At the end of the 2019 season, I said 2020 would be 4-8 or 5-7 with a 3-5 league mark. King is a yuge offseason addition, as is Lashlee at the offensive helm. UNC, Duke, and GT look to be improved. We lost to all three in 2019. F$U is a complete wild card of a game. VT and UVA will probably profile similarly to 2019, but we play them away, which is never easy. MSU sucks but it's up there. Pitt looks to be similar. Wake Forest slides back. Opening game will set the tone for the season. How prepared does the team look? Can it win convincingly?

7-5 in 2020. We will absolutely lose games we shouldn't.

Two contradictory forces:

1. Amazingly weak schedule
2. Although admittedly supplemented with a new OC, a new O line coach and a new QB, most of these players finished losing to Duke, FIU and La Tech.

Massive one year turnarounds are rare, even with key changes that sure look like upgrades. We are very thin in a number of positions so injury count and where they fall might determine win total.

While hope for better, my prediction is 8-4. If not better than that, Manny should be gone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Best case:8-4
More likely: 7-5. Manny gets canned. Solely because of OL and poor defensive play at crucial times. Lashlee becomes HC.
Worst case:: 2-10. Not likely now with new OC and a decent QB. Of course , Mandy is capable of ****ing up anything.

Last edited:
They should have beat everyone on the schedule last year.

I will not underestimate Manny's ability to be unprepared and a team not ready to play.
It’s very rare to go undefeated even if heavily favored in each game. If you have a 12 game season and are the 92% chance winner for each game, then you are still expected to get one loss. And we aren’t that heavy of a favorite on average even if we maximized our talent.

Advertisement
Back