Early depth chart

Deepest Miami team since the 90s and still only 8 seniors. Our troubles with operating well below the 85 player limit are over. Reliance on upperclassmen will persist since we open with Alabama. Those players who have earned 3 or more letters are denoted in BOLD.

QB (5) King, Van Dyke, Garcia, Martell, Matocha
RB (5) Harris, Chaney, Knighton, Burns, Franklin
WR (12) Harley, Rambo, Pope, Wiggins, Payton, Redding, K. Smith, Restrepo, Worsham, Brinson, B. Smith, George
TE (5) Mallory, Hodges, Mamarelli, Arroyo, Brantley
OT (7) Nelson, Williams, Rivers, Campbell, Walker, Washington, McLaughlin
OG (7) Donaldson, Scaife, Clark, Traore, Hillery, Seymore, Elgammal
C (3) Gaynor, Reed, Rodriguez

DE (8) Johnson, Harvey, McCloud, Cam, Blissett, Chantz, Q. Williams, Ishmael
DT (8) Silvera, Hunte, Ford, Miller, Roberts, Taylor, Holley, Haye
LB (9) Jennings, Steed, Brooks, Flagg, Cave, Huff, Davis, Troutman, Johnson
ST (3) Frierson, Keontra, C. Smith
CB (8) Stevenson, Couch, Blades, Ivey, Dunson, Clarke, Harrell, Curtis
S (8) Bolden, Carter, Hall, J. Williams, A. Williams, Kinchens, Balom, Washington

SP (3) Hedley, Borregales, James

Advertisement
At OG I've got Rivers over Scaife. Scaife will battle with Donaldson and likely split PT 50/50.

At TE you nailed it although I think we'll see Hodges a bit more than most ppl seem to think.

At DE I like CWilliams over Harvey but they'll split PT and I think Chantz and McCloud battles for the 4th DE spot with McCloud FINALLY finding himself.

At CB I like Blades over TC but also think TC will play ALOT....

At FS/SS I like Carter more than most but our top 4 will be Bolden-JWilliams (yep he starts)-Carter and AWilliams will battle for 3rd safety slot-then Hall will need to hold off remaining Fresh/Soph

I LOVE the depth we've built....the cream WILL RISE TO THE TOP. How will Hall respond to ELITE competition in the Safety room? Will JWilliams emerge and take a starting role on the DEF? Will WR JPayton figure it out? Will LB Huff figure it out?

Last edited:
Look for Stevenson to play sum slot in sub packages here. Might see some dime looks with 4 true CBs for the first time In a while. If I’m manny I’m not putting Stevenson in a box and just playing him boundary. That kid is a chess piece u can shuffle around

Was gonna start a thread on Redding.. but this will do. I thought he would quickly find himself on the field a lot. He certainly looks the part and was considered a big win on the trail. Whats the deal?

Bro; miss us w this b.s bro! Have u not seen Pope & Wiggins??? Why would a true frosh get more playing time over these two incumbent starters, bro?? #SouthDadeConnection

Advertisement
If Williams is starting as a true freshman, we’re in trouble.

That would mean Hall or Bolden have not taken the next step, which would be disappointing.

I want to see him get some burn, but I’d hope T-Rob can help develop Hall and Bolden.
I see what you are saying but there is an argument to be made to start James Williams if he is that good already. Some frosh are that good. Does not mean we did not develop Hall (Bolden should start at the other S spot) but that perhaps JWilliams is that good?

Krazy might be the worst poster here. Has Payton starting at corner and restrepo at nickel. They haven’t made a move and most likely aren’t. Dude is near the bottom here as far as football acumen.

Lol you’re just limited mentally bc it’s genetic but it’s the best decision Manny needs to make to upgrade this team he should listen to me I know.

Advertisement
Defense

end - d. Johnson , C. Williams
Dt - silvera
Dt - Harrison hunte, Ford
End - Harvey, chantz, mccloud

wlb - brooks, steed, huff
MLB Flagg, jennings, troutman
Striker - Gil , k smith , chase smith

Corner - Stevenson, Ivey , dunson
Corner - couch, blades, clarke
Safety - bolden, Avantae, balom
Safety- hall, James Williams

left tackle - nelson, walker
LG - Donaldson, Reed
C - Gaynor, j. Clark
RG - scaife, rivers
RT - Williams, rivers

qb- king, TVD, Garcia
Rb - Cam, Chaney, knighton
Wr Rambo , pope,
Wr harley, B. Smith, restrepo
Wr K smith, Wiggins , Redding
Te Mallory , mamerelli, arroyo

disclaimer - Chaney plays more then Cam, Arroyo plays more then Mamerelli(blocker)
Van Dyke will have to be the starter against Bama. I just don't see how King comes back that soon. That's wild if he does.

I see what you are saying but there is an argument to be made to start James Williams if he is that good already. Some frosh are that good. Does not mean we did not develop Hall (Bolden should start at the other S spot) but that perhaps JWilliams is that good?
It’s possible. I guess time will tell.

Put James Williams in the middle LB spot we need that talent on the field there's no one else in the country that has a guy like him.. Put your best players on the field already stop with this age and position crap.. we need a big fast aggrrssive and versatile defense
Would love to see him at MLB flanked by Keontra and Huff with Avantae and Frierson at safety.

Advertisement
As you can see no Zach McCloud or Amari Carter In the rotation. If Manny does this he might make it another year. Gurvan Hall I think the team would be better with him on the bench at striker.

Move J. Payton to CB if he doesn’t win a starting spot at WR. Swap Malik Curtis with Xavier Restrepo to add more toughness in the secondary. Thoughts?
I like it but why not add LT to the rotation on the inside?

At OG I've got Rivers over Scaife. Scaife will battle with Donaldson and likely split PT 50/50.

At TE you nailed it although I think we'll see Hodges a bit more than most ppl seem to think.

At DE I like CWilliams over Harvey but they'll split PT and I think Chantz and McCloud battles for the 4th DE spot with McCloud FINALLY finding himself.

At CB I like Blades over TC but also think TC will play ALOT....

At FS/SS I like Carter more than most but our top 4 will be Bolden-JWilliams (yep he starts)-Carter and AWilliams will battle for 3rd safety slot-then Hall will need to hold off remaining Fresh/Soph

I LOVE the depth we've built....the cream WILL RISE TO THE TOP. How will Hall respond to ELITE competition in the Safety room? Will JWilliams emerge and take a starting role on the DEF? Will WR JPayton figure it out? Will LB Huff figure it out?
I wouldn’t count Avantae in any battles until we see him PractiSe with contact.

Advertisement
You forgot Austin Cave at the LB spot. We need either him or Huff to step up next year. 2 guys with enormous hype around them that still could turn out to be players
Brooks played hurt this year. Don’t write him off yet. We’ll have a better sense of what we have at linebacker after all these young guys have a full spring and summer to continue to develop.
Ive seen this story too many time before. In today’s day and age you’ll know if a guy has it by the end of sophomore year.

Converting a pure edge rusher to a full fledged LB is difficult. It’s even more difficult when you consider who I coaching him.

We need to start recruiting true LBs and quit this crap of grabbing an edge rusher and hoping it works.

Donaldson needs to be at guard. He’s one of the few guys on our roster who has the strength to be a road grader in the run game.

Obviously, this is assuming he’s healthy.
We also need that at C, Rivers could could give us help at G, and it would be great to bring in a transfer. Scaife needs to have the off-season of his life to keep a starting spot IMO, he was the weak link on the line.

Advertisement
Back