Early Betting Line Against A&M

The team with the 1st round QB, 1st round RB And THREE round 1 WR’s won by 3. You’re kinda reaching bro. Yes we have TVD. A&M has a outstanding secondary.. who we got to beat it? We don’t have a Garrett Wilson, an olave..marv harrison jr or jaxon smith running around
Actually I’m not teaching at all. The ability to be balanced on offense keeps a defense honest. You say they got manhandled at the line of scrimmage but they were actually outnumbered at the line of scrimmage when they hand the ball. Utah is a well coached team and knew they didn’t hand to defend the pass….so they loaded the box and made Oregon beat them passing. You’re not going to have success running into 8 and 9 man boxes against well coached and talented teams.

And no we don’t have the talent Oh St had but how much nfl talent did Miss St have on offense? Would you say our team is more talented that Miss or Miss st? I would. How good was Colorado, seriously. Coaching matters big time and we haven’t had a real football coach in 20 plus years…I’m not counting Richt when he should have been retired and not coaching here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Actually I’m not teaching at all. The ability to be balanced on offense keeps a defense honest. You say they got manhandled at the line of scrimmage but they were actually outnumbered at the line of scrimmage when they hand the ball. Utah is a well coached team and knew they didn’t hand to defend the pass….so they loaded the box and made Oregon beat them passing. You’re not going to have success running into 8 and 9 man boxes against well coached and talented teams.

And no we don’t have the talent Oh St had but how much nfl talent did Miss St have on offense? Would you say our team is more talented that Miss or Miss st? I would. How good was Colorado, seriously. Coaching matters big time and we haven’t had a real football coach in 20 plus years…I’m not counting Richt when he should have been retired and not coaching here.
I would say schematically you can’t excuse an almost loss to Colorado but miss st is the team that SHOULD beat them. That’s the exact formula to handle a jimbo team. And gattis is a wizard don’t get me wrong but we won’t be a balanced team against them.

Our staff with a worse QB went into Ohio St and ran all over Ohio. If u man think im worried about this game, na. We have the better QB and now that i know we wont have a staff of high school coaches i think its a true 50/50 game. It is hard to win in their stadium though. I would really like it if they out the game at 12 noon, or at worse 3:30. Less time for those cow farmers to finish milking the cows and get rowdy.

Our staff with a worse QB went into Ohio St and ran all over Ohio. If u man think im worried about this game, na. We have the better QB and now that i know we wont have a staff of high school coaches i think its a true 50/50 game. It is hard to win in their stadium though. I would really like it if they out the game at 12 noon, or at worse 3:30. Less time for those cow farmers to finish milking the cows and get rowdy.

Worse QB but better roster top to bottom, according to Mario. He said himself in an interview this roster is not as good as what he had at Oregon so there needs to be a talent upgrade

Advertisement
If it gets to 10, that’ll peak my interest.

Once this roster is full with transfers and guys back from injury I think this line should be more around 6-7 but maybe I’m once again expecting too much from Miami and not giving Jimbo credit. First big road game early will be a test.

Yeah maybe Oregon did have a better roster but it was not miles better. And we are better by far at the most important position

They had Kayvon Thibodeaux, Noah Sewell, Justin Flowe, Brandon Dorlus, and many Samoans in their front seven. that’s better than what we got by a mile I think. And their o-line was a bunch of monsters.

We still got Ivey and Flagg looking at big minutes.

But you’re right about the QB, we got them there by a big margin

Advertisement
Is that what you took away from that oregon Utah game either time? The Qb was a problem he wasn't the problem. They were dominated in the trenches on both sides
It’s alot easier to win the trenches when there’s no threat of a downfield pass. Just saying. Their defense got smashed but that offense was handcuffed to a level I couldn’t believe with that qb.

It’s alot easier to win the trenches when there’s no threat of a downfield pass. Just saying. Their defense got smashed but that offense was handcuffed to a level I couldn’t believe with that qb.
Yeahhhhhhh but we’ll look the same even with TVD with no real wr threat.

Apples and Oranges. That was that staff’s 3rd year when they beat OSU.

No reason to be afraid with A&M but you guys are setting yourself up for failure on this one. There is a reason that line is so big.

Advertisement
Apples and Oranges. That was that staff’s 3rd year when they beat OSU.

No reason to be afraid with A&M but you guys are setting yourself up for failure on this one. There is a reason that line is so big.
Setting ourselves up for failure how? That i expect us to battle them? Lol. Ok

Setting ourselves up for failure how? That i expect us to battle them? Lol. Ok
You said it’s a 50/50 game and comparing two entirely different situations to support your theory. Lol. You’re drinking the kool aide.

Advertisement
I’ll believe it when I see it.
Mario, for all his good, has always been married to running the ball and ‘being physical’. The Herbert stuff has been played out, but is still worth mentioning again.
Likewise Gattis. I didn’t like him at Michigan, save for last year. He struggled to get Shea Patterson going, his play calling lacked flow and rhythm. He struggled to mesh the run and pass. He is also one that likes to run to set up the pass. Yes he had a fantastic year last year, but we are wait and see on both coaches here.

To say they will use aggression and tempo when appropriate, means they won’t use it week one, on the road. It just goes against what they believe in.
They could prove me wrong here, but we have seen Mario get out schemed before, we will see it again in his time at Miami.

It is week one of his time here, just don’t be surprised to see him run power on 3rd and short on a big spot.

I'm a skeptic by nature so I can't disagree. Everything you wrote, I thought, when I 1st listened to their interviews. However, I choose not to care & worry about things I have 0 control over until they come to pass. It just keeps me sane.

While CFB coaches are some of the most stubborn people on earth, I do believe this means enough to Mario that he won't just try to copy & paste what he did at Oregon, here.

If you go back to when Fisher was at FSU Miami would be in the game at the half. Then Fisher's half time adjustments killed Miami. Hopefully this staff can match Jimbo's half time adjustments. Make it a game late into the 4th quarter. Also can Miami hold up in the trenches?
This is the game tvd can make himself the #1 overall pick
And early heisman favorite

Advertisement
Back