Early Betting Line Against A&M

Advertisement
I've always felt like its gonna be a split between clemson and tamu in regards to the big games. Would love for the W (if it has to be one) to be over jumbo just out of spite lol
We will be absolutely ready for this one. You saw how well prepared Oregon was for Ohio State. We're coming with that same energy and it'll be Mario's first statement win. We need to match that physicality on the lines and the big time players need to be big time players, but we gonna be ready.

What am I missing?
They were 8-4
sure they beat Baga, but...
they lost to the entire state of Mississippi
LSU and Arkansas.

They have major questions at qb...what am I missing?
Watch the game and tell us. We never seem to be as good as we think we are during the off season.

Brutal line. Not surprising but a reminder that this is going to take time.

Advertisement
They have WAY more talent in the trenches than we do it’s going to be a very difficult game unless TVD is slinging dimes all game. 9 seems fair I would expect it to climb a point or two

What am I missing?
They were 8-4
sure they beat Baga, but...
they lost to the entire state of Mississippi
LSU and Arkansas.

They have major questions at qb...what am I missing?
You know, they're a SEC team, just taking the field means the SEC should win, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah, yawn, yawn, yawn.

10.5 would peak my interest. Like SouthPark said, I expected -11.5 or 12.

I'm more intrigued by Utah being close to a FG road dog to the 'Turds....strictly because they think Richardson is the 2nd coming of Christ. Utah returns 17 starters, that offense in particular could be dangerous...:censored:

Some Week 1 Notables
Ohio St -13.5 vs. ND
UGA -16.5 vs. Oregon
TCU -9.5 @ Colorado
Pitt -6 vs. WVU
UF -2.5 vs. Utah
LSU -4.5 vs. FSU
Clemson -19.5 @ GT

Advertisement
Will depend entirely on how A&M looks against App State. I expect it'll rise before the season, and then drop because A&M's offense will look shaky (again) to start the season.

If you go back to when Fisher was at FSU Miami would be in the game at the half. Then Fisher's half time adjustments killed Miami. Hopefully this staff can match Jimbo's half time adjustments. Make it a game late into the 4th quarter. Also can Miami hold up in the trenches?
**** those late covers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The key to this game will be not playing into their hands...

TAMU like a typical Jumbo Fisher team is all about establishing the run, they averaged 6.8 yards per pass last year & only 208 yards on average per game passing, they were all about running it with their backs & when they did pass it almost exclusively went to the TE’s.

In 3 of their 4 losses last year;
- Arkansas had 448yds of total offense
- Miss St had 438yds of total offense
- Ole Miss had 504yds of total offense

And in all 3 of those games TAMU had less than 250 yards passing.

They also almost lost to Colorado last year, they won the game 10-9, if Colorado wasn’t a second rate bottom tier Pac-12 team they’ve would’ve easily beat them despite the fact TAMU has more 4-stars on Defense than Colorado had on their entire team & that’s not even including the 5-stars either. Point being, Colorado should’ve been beaten by at least 4 TD’s, yet it was an extremely close game because Jumbo’s offense is old & antiquated.

Shutting him (Achane)☝🏽 down, will be the key for us Defensively. If we shut down their run game it will force Max Johnson to win the game with his arm, which is something he can’t do because he’s the definition of a game manager Captain check down who plays it safe.

On Offense, they have the advantage in the trenches, the only way to neutralize a heavy trench team is do what Ole Miss, Miss ST & Arkansas did against them, which is spread’em out & attack them with aggression. I know it’s become heretical to speak about on the board this offseason, but trying to be a tough pound the rock team against TAMU is gonna get us embarrassed... I hate to say it guys, but we might have to throw the ball... a lot.

This is why its imperative we add a WR that can stretch the field, because TAMU has a pretty strong Secondary spearheaded by Antonio Johnson who is a really good big physical Corner who plays all over the field & they added 7 high caliber DB’s in their 22 class, mainly Elite kids like Denver Harris, Bobby Taylor, Bryce Anderson & Jacoby Matthews, plus they have Tyreek Chappell who is good cover corner as well coming back as a True Sophomore. Junior S Demani Richardson is a very good in Run support, he’s their Strong Safety, Jaylon Jones is a big physical Corner at Boundary, he also plays some Safety as well, with Deuce Harmon being their primary Nickel corner plus Brian George is the JUCO CB that has some experience & Jardin Gilbert who played some as a TF last year is expected to have an increased role.

Point being, they’re going to have a young, fast & physical Secondary that can cover pretty well & are used quite a bit in blitzes to get to the QB, so the only way to slow them down is to force them to defend the entire field. If we don’t wanna see 7-8 man fronts all game long, we better force those Safety’s to peel back into the Deep third & you can’t do that trying to play football in a phone-booth.

TAMU is deep team with lots of young talent, but the caveat is Jumbo always makes them susceptible to being beat by teams they’re better than because his offense leaves points on the field & they have no desire to crush anybody.

It’s a winnable game, BUT we can’t beat ourselves by trying to out TAMU TAMU, aggression & execution wins. Conservative safe football gets you beat in the 2nd half when you don’t have the talent to keep the game close in the long run. You have to jump on’em early & force them to play outside of their comfort zone.

Not to mention, it’s a road game for us, so we’re not gonna have any kind of advantages & those SEC refs will unquestionably be on their side. Odds are not in our favor & we’ll be fighting an uphill battle from the start, but this is a litmus test game for Mario & crew, we’ll see how they chose to deal with a team that has a man per man talent advantage & how outmatched we looked when it counts the most, hopefully they can pull it off.

Last edited:
We will be absolutely ready for this one. You saw how well prepared Oregon was for Ohio State. We're coming with that same energy and it'll be Mario's first statement win. We need to match that physicality on the lines and the big time players need to be big time players, but we gonna be ready.
Except A&M is more like…. Utah..

The key to this game will be not playing into their hands...

TAMU like a typical Jumbo Fisher team is all about establishing the run, they averaged 6.8 yards per pass last year & only 208 yards on average per game passing, they were all about running it with their backs & when they did pass it almost exclusively went to the TE’s.

In 3 of their 4 losses last year;
- Arkansas had 448yds of total offense
- Miss St had 438yds of total offense
- Ole Miss had 504yds of total offense

And in all 3 of those games TAMU had less than 250 yards passing.

They also almost lost to Colorado last year, they won the game 10-9, if Colorado wasn’t a second rate bottom tier Pac-12 team they’ve would’ve easily beat them despite the fact TAMU has more 4-stars on Defense than Colorado had on their entire team & that’s not even including the 5-stars either. Point being, Colorado should’ve been beaten by at least 4 TD’s, yet it was an extremely close game because Jumbo’s offense is old & antiquated.

Shutting him (Achane)☝🏽 down, will be the key for us Defensively. If we shut down their run game it will force Max Johnson to win the game with his arm, which is something he can’t do because he’s the definition of a game manager Captain check down who plays it safe.

On Offense, they have the advantage in the trenches, the only way to neutralize a heavy trench team is do what Ole Miss, Miss ST & Arkansas did against them, which is spread’em out & attack them with aggression. I know it’s become a heretical to speak about on the board this offseason, but trying to be a tough pound the rock team against TAMU is gonna get embarrassed... I hate to say it guys, but we might have to throw the ball... a lot.

This is why its imperative we add a WR that can stretch the field, because TAMU has a pretty strong Secondary spearheaded by Antonio Johnson who is a really good big physical Corner who plays all over the field & they added 7 high caliber DB in their 22 class, mainly Elite kids like Denver Harris, Bobby Taylor, Bryce Anderson & Jacoby Matthews, plus they have Tyreek Chappell who is good cover corner as well coming back as a True Sophomore. Junior S Demani Richardson is a very good in Run support, he’s their Strong Safety, Jaylon Jones is a big physical Corner at Boundary, he also plays some Safety as well, with Deuce Harmon being their primary Nickel corner plus Brian George is the JUCO CB that has some experience & Jardin Gilbert who played some as a TF last year is expected to have an increases role.

Point being, they’re going to have a young, fast & physical Secondary that can cover pretty really & are used quite a bit in blitzes to get to the QB, so the only way to slow them down is to force them to defend the entire field. If we don’t wanna see 7-8 man fronts all game long, we better force those Safety’s to peel back into the Deep third & you can’t do that trying to play football in a phone-booth.

TAMU is deep team with lots of young talent, but the caveat is Jumbo always makes them susceptible to being beat by team they’re better than because his offense leaves points on the field & they have no desire to crush anybody.

It’s a winnable game, BUT we can’t beat ourselves by trying to out TAMU TAMU, aggression & execution wins. Conservative safe football gets you beat in the 2nd half when you don’t have the talent to keep the game close in the long run. You have to jump on’em early & force them to play outside of their comfort zone.

Not to mention, it’s a road game for us, so we’re not gonna have any kind of advantages & those SEC refs will unquestionably be on their side. Odds are not in our favor & we’ll be fighting an uphill battle from the start, but this is a litmus test game for Mario & crew, we’ll see how they chose to deal with a team that has a man per man talent advantage & how outmatched we looked when it counts the most, hopefully they can pull it off.

Road game probably means ACC refs. Who will still side with A&M. Usually, road team brings their conference referees.

Advertisement
Back