Early Betting Line Against A&M

Advertisement

Its the spread between the A&M games with Miami and Alabama that brings back the reality of where we are as a proven program. Hopefully we will be better when the games are played. And we all are going to need patience. The recent NFL draft was a big reminder about where we were as the new season begins.

Texas AM 9 point favs to canes
Texas AM 16 point dogs to Alabama

Last edited:
Advertisement
The entire other side. Miami was 7-5, will be on the road, and has gotten manhandled in these types of games for years now. Their questions at QB don't equal out to our questions all over the place
I’m actually glad the line is where it is. These are the games we have lost in the trenches. I don’t think that’s gonna be the case under Mario. I’m betting big on this one.

Biggest thing is the trenches in this game. We have the edge at QB, RB, TE, S, and I personally like our CB group a tad better. They have us on both OL and DL by a decent margin IMO and that's where games are decided. I'm not counting us out by any means but that's likely why the line is what it is.

Advertisement
I don't understand when everything that had to do with Miami experienced a 180 turn in direction, why we still predict Miami future performance based on historical data? Jimbo Fisher has been overall under performing year after year but the new Miami is unknown. All indications though that Miami will not be the old Miami under Mario. It will be better.

Last edited:
Advertisement
200w.gif

I expected like -12. If we get the 10 I’m betting whatever on that. We’re going to lose the trenches battle by a fair margin and their wr group is gonna be trouble. Luckily jimbo is gonna wanna ground and pound and I think we can do enough on defense to hang. The problem will be our WR’s versus their db’s and I don’t see any edge we could have.

Advertisement
I expected like -12. If we get the 10 I’m betting whatever on that. We’re going to lose the trenches battle by a fair margin and their wr group is gonna be trouble. Luckily jimbo is gonna wanna ground and pound and I think we can do enough on defense to hang. The problem will be our WR’s versus their db’s and I don’t see any edge we could have.
Jaylon Robinson and (hopefully$a developing Frank Ladson potentially huge additions to mitigate that.

The entire other side. Miami was 7-5, will be on the road, and has gotten manhandled in these types of games for years now. Their questions at QB don't equal out to our questions all over the place

That is so low key funny, but also accurate. Loved that response.

Max Johnson, a transfer from LSU (also Richt's nephew). He is very average with limited athleticism. He will rely on short passes and strong run play from the RBs on Texas A&M.
Johnson SUCKS and he by himself might keep us in the game if we have anything on the back end...If it comes down to him having to win the game get the bubbly on ice...But I think Jimbo is gonna try and run the ball right at us to see if our Dline is better than last year...

Advertisement
Back