Early Betting Line Against A&M

Advertisement
And what was Oregons problem against Utah….they didn’t have a qb who could complete a 5 yard pass consistently. Does that sound like TVD?
And the defense was less than ideal. Although, I’m positive Steele will be better than DeRuyter.

The key to this game will be not playing into their hands...

TAMU like a typical Jumbo Fisher team is all about establishing the run, they averaged 6.8 yards per pass last year & only 208 yards on average per game passing, they were all about running it with their backs & when they did pass it almost exclusively went to the TE’s.

In 3 of their 4 losses last year;
- Arkansas had 448yds of total offense
- Miss St had 438yds of total offense
- Ole Miss had 504yds of total offense

And in all 3 of those games TAMU had less than 250 yards passing.

They also almost lost to Colorado last year, they won the game 10-9, if Colorado wasn’t a second rate bottom tier Pac-12 team they’ve would’ve easily beat them despite the fact TAMU has more 4-stars on Defense than Colorado had on their entire team & that’s not even including the 5-stars either. Point being, Colorado should’ve been beaten by at least 4 TD’s, yet it was an extremely close game because Jumbo’s offense is old & antiquated.

Shutting him (Achane)☝🏽 down, will be the key for us Defensively. If we shut down their run game it will force Max Johnson to win the game with his arm, which is something he can’t do because he’s the definition of a game manager Captain check down who plays it safe.

On Offense, they have the advantage in the trenches, the only way to neutralize a heavy trench team is do what Ole Miss, Miss ST & Arkansas did against them, which is spread’em out & attack them with aggression. I know it’s become a heretical to speak about on the board this offseason, but trying to be a tough pound the rock team against TAMU is gonna get embarrassed... I hate to say it guys, but we might have to throw the ball... a lot.

This is why its imperative we add a WR that can stretch the field, because TAMU has a pretty strong Secondary spearheaded by Antonio Johnson who is a really good big physical Corner who plays all over the field & they added 7 high caliber DB in their 22 class, mainly Elite kids like Denver Harris, Bobby Taylor, Bryce Anderson & Jacoby Matthews, plus they have Tyreek Chappell who is good cover corner as well coming back as a True Sophomore. Junior S Demani Richardson is a very good in Run support, he’s their Strong Safety, Jaylon Jones is a big physical Corner at Boundary, he also plays some Safety as well, with Deuce Harmon being their primary Nickel corner plus Brian George is the JUCO CB that has some experience & Jardin Gilbert who played some as a TF last year is expected to have an increases role.

Point being, they’re going to have a young, fast & physical Secondary that can cover pretty really & are used quite a bit in blitzes to get to the QB, so the only way to slow them down is to force them to defend the entire field. If we don’t wanna see 7-8 man fronts all game long, we better force those Safety’s to peel back into the Deep third & you can’t do that trying to play football in a phone-booth.

TAMU is deep team with lots of young talent, but the caveat is Jumbo always makes them susceptible to being beat by team they’re better than because his offense leaves points on the field & they have no desire to crush anybody.

It’s a winnable game, BUT we can’t beat ourselves by trying to out TAMU TAMU, aggression & execution wins. Conservative safe football gets you beat in the 2nd half when you don’t have the talent to keep the game close in the long run. You have to jump on’em early & force them to play outside of their comfort zone.

Not to mention, it’s a road game for us, so we’re not gonna have any kind of advantages & those SEC refs will unquestionably be on their side. Odds are not in our favor & we’ll be fighting an uphill battle from the start, but this is a litmus test game for Mario & crew, we’ll see how they chose to deal with a team that has a man per man talent advantage & how outmatched we looked when it counts the most, hopefully they can pull it off.

Both Coach Cristobal & Gattis talked about using tempo & attacking when appropriate. This is the game that will show just how flexible they will be with their offensive approach.

Both Coach Cristobal & Gattis talked about using tempo & attacking when appropriate. This is the game that will show just how flexible they will be with their offensive approach.
This game is an early test for Mario and crew. A&M is beatable as shown last year. They’re loaded with talent but Jimbo has a way of having his teams play down to their competition. We’d need a heisman level performance from TVD coupled with a good defensive performance to win. Being that we’ve **** the bed in games like this over the past 15 years, it wouldn’t surprise me if this spread went up to -12 A&M.

Advertisement
This game is an early test for Mario and crew. A&M is beatable as shown last year. They’re loaded with talent but Jimbo has a way of having his teams play down to their competition. We’d need a heisman level performance from TVD coupled with a good defensive performance to win. Being that we’ve **** the bed in games like this over the past 15 years, it wouldn’t surprise me if this spread went up to -12 A&M.
Understood. The line & perception doesn't really matter to me. I'm not being overly analytical about this. I'm just a fan & I'll believe we can win until the game is over.

Advertisement
I’ll believe it when I see it.
Mario, for all his good, has always been married to running the ball and ‘being physical’. The Herbert stuff has been played out, but is still worth mentioning again.
Likewise Gattis. I didn’t like him at Michigan, save for last year. He struggled to get Shea Patterson going, his play calling lacked flow and rhythm. He struggled to mesh the run and pass. He is also one that likes to run to set up the pass. Yes he had a fantastic year last year, but we are wait and see on both coaches here.

To say they will use aggression and tempo when appropriate, means they won’t use it week one, on the road. It just goes against what they believe in.
They could prove me wrong here, but we have seen Mario get out schemed before, we will see it again in his time at Miami.

It is week one of his time here, just don’t be surprised to see him run power on 3rd and short on a big spot.

Is that what you took away from that oregon Utah game either time? The Qb was a problem he wasn't the problem. They were dominated in the trenches on both sides
That’s exactly what I took away from the game. Utah physically dominated Ohio State too….what happened that game, I forgot who won.

The key to this game will be not playing into their hands...

TAMU like a typical Jumbo Fisher team is all about establishing the run, they averaged 6.8 yards per pass last year & only 208 yards on average per game passing, they were all about running it with their backs & when they did pass it almost exclusively went to the TE’s.

In 3 of their 4 losses last year;
- Arkansas had 448yds of total offense
- Miss St had 438yds of total offense
- Ole Miss had 504yds of total offense

And in all 3 of those games TAMU had less than 250 yards passing.

They also almost lost to Colorado last year, they won the game 10-9, if Colorado wasn’t a second rate bottom tier Pac-12 team they’ve would’ve easily beat them despite the fact TAMU has more 4-stars on Defense than Colorado had on their entire team & that’s not even including the 5-stars either. Point being, Colorado should’ve been beaten by at least 4 TD’s, yet it was an extremely close game because Jumbo’s offense is old & antiquated.

Shutting him (Achane)☝🏽 down, will be the key for us Defensively. If we shut down their run game it will force Max Johnson to win the game with his arm, which is something he can’t do because he’s the definition of a game manager Captain check down who plays it safe.

On Offense, they have the advantage in the trenches, the only way to neutralize a heavy trench team is do what Ole Miss, Miss ST & Arkansas did against them, which is spread’em out & attack them with aggression. I know it’s become heretical to speak about on the board this offseason, but trying to be a tough pound the rock team against TAMU is gonna get us embarrassed... I hate to say it guys, but we might have to throw the ball... a lot.

This is why its imperative we add a WR that can stretch the field, because TAMU has a pretty strong Secondary spearheaded by Antonio Johnson who is a really good big physical Corner who plays all over the field & they added 7 high caliber DB’s in their 22 class, mainly Elite kids like Denver Harris, Bobby Taylor, Bryce Anderson & Jacoby Matthews, plus they have Tyreek Chappell who is good cover corner as well coming back as a True Sophomore. Junior S Demani Richardson is a very good in Run support, he’s their Strong Safety, Jaylon Jones is a big physical Corner at Boundary, he also plays some Safety as well, with Deuce Harmon being their primary Nickel corner plus Brian George is the JUCO CB that has some experience & Jardin Gilbert who played some as a TF last year is expected to have an increased role.

Point being, they’re going to have a young, fast & physical Secondary that can cover pretty well & are used quite a bit in blitzes to get to the QB, so the only way to slow them down is to force them to defend the entire field. If we don’t wanna see 7-8 man fronts all game long, we better force those Safety’s to peel back into the Deep third & you can’t do that trying to play football in a phone-booth.

TAMU is deep team with lots of young talent, but the caveat is Jumbo always makes them susceptible to being beat by teams they’re better than because his offense leaves points on the field & they have no desire to crush anybody.

It’s a winnable game, BUT we can’t beat ourselves by trying to out TAMU TAMU, aggression & execution wins. Conservative safe football gets you beat in the 2nd half when you don’t have the talent to keep the game close in the long run. You have to jump on’em early & force them to play outside of their comfort zone.

Not to mention, it’s a road game for us, so we’re not gonna have any kind of advantages & those SEC refs will unquestionably be on their side. Odds are not in our favor & we’ll be fighting an uphill battle from the start, but this is a litmus test game for Mario & crew, we’ll see how they chose to deal with a team that has a man per man talent advantage & how outmatched we looked when it counts the most, hopefully they can pull it off.

you might not believe this... but I even tagged our staff with this post..

That’s exactly what I took away from the game. Utah physically dominated Ohio State too….what happened that game, I forgot who won.
The team with the 1st round QB, 1st round RB And THREE round 1 WR’s won by 3. You’re kinda reaching bro. Yes we have TVD. A&M has a outstanding secondary.. who we got to beat it? We don’t have a Garrett Wilson, an olave..marv harrison jr or jaxon smith running around

Advertisement
2021:

Oregon goes into The Horseshoe as a 14.5 point underdog and proceeds to drag their nuts on Ohio State

2022: Miami goes into College Station as a DD underdog and proceeds to cuck Jimbo
I like your posts more when you refer to yourself in the third person: TurmpyCane says in 2021..................so on

Advertisement
This game will tell us a lot about Gattis and how different his offense will be from Michigan and his ability to adjust. I'm sure he'll try to establish the run but if that doesn't happen (and it will be tough for sure), I want to see how aggressive he gets and how he schemes players open.

Miami just cant try to out bro style A&M.

This game will tell us a lot about Gattis and how different his offense will be from Michigan and his ability to adjust. I'm sure he'll try to establish the run but if that doesn't happen (and it will be tough for sure), I want to see how aggressive he gets and how he schemes players open.

Miami just cant try to out bro style A&M.
Exactly. At Michigan, when they couldn’t establish the run, they were pretty much worthless offensively and they’d just hope to win a low scoring game. Rutgers loaded up against the run and they had no answer.

Advertisement
Back