Early Betting Line Against A&M

Yeah, onlist Collie I know that was tough was that bytch Granny Hawkins had win we wuz growin up.
I furgot bout dat un. Dat dog wood rip your peches off! I member dat time ole Bobbi Lee tried to git his football outa Granny Hawkins yard an dat dam dog clamped down on his nuts an woodnt turn a loost.

Advertisement
Win or lose Just go out there and gain respect.
Don’t go out there and look unprepared and outmatched. Don’t be intimidated by a crowd. If you can’t perform in a hostile environment then don’t play here and pack your sht.

I want to see TAMU concerned and worried late in the game.

Sunshine was on the sidelines joking and dancing the whole game.
Bama checked out at halftime.

If they win I want them to feel like they almost let one get away at home.
And we should be angry on how we let then escape with a win.

Don’t compare Oregon going into the shoe to this game. That team had Mario’s fingerprints all over it. He just got here and is going up against a loaded team while we are portal diving.

Just keeping it close would be an impressive task but imo it’s what we should expect and demand at this point. They aren’t better than Bama or even Clemson when we played them last.

Winning would send more shockwaves than his team last year at Columbus.

But again. I see no reason to get rolled by Jimbo. No excuses.

Screenshot_2022-05-26-14-34-14-48_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
9PM? That's late as **** for a canes game

We are out of football season here, but I don’t remember 9pm kickoffs. Certainly not on ESPN.

Is this new or a 1-off? And why?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami has no RT, our guards are suspect, we have trash at WR, we have the worst linebacker group in the country, and no DE’s. We’re still rolling with Ivey in the 2-deep if not starting.

Miami loses by 3 touchdowns similar to Alabama last year. This will take time to fix and the portal additions were nice, but some big misses at RT, LB, especially

Miami has no RT, our guards are suspect, we have trash at WR, we have the worst linebacker group in the country, and no DE’s. We’re still rolling with Ivey in the 2-deep if not starting.

Miami loses by 3 touchdowns similar to Alabama last year. This will take time to fix and the portal additions were nice, but some big misses at RT, LB, especially

Have you kept up with the portal/transfers?

I’m not saying we don’t have problems in those group positions you mentioned, but it’s a different picture today than it was four or five months ago.

Obviously, ATM has a pretty significant talent advantage with the exception of quarterback, the most important player in the game.

I’m not saying we don’t have problems in those group positions you mentioned, but it’s a different picture today than it was four or five months ago.

Obviously, ATM has a pretty significant talent advantage with the exception of quarterback, the most important player in the game.

there was a topic discussing what units would be the ones on which to spend the most nil.

I am one of the posters who said, offensive line 1a, defensive line 1b.

So tvd is great and we have stud running backs, but I'd feel better having great trenches and a mediocre qb and rb room.

Advertisement

You know how this fanbase is…they crown Mario in the offseason, set up unrealistic expectations, and then when we lose a game they’ll start bashing his “gameday coaching” or something similar.

I’m trying to keep us level. Mario moved us forward this offseason, but we still have a long way to go. We made some nice portal additions, but we still have significant gaps.

Personally, I see next season as a rebuilding year and a bonus season, I’m not expecting anything. If we beat Clemson or A&M, it will be a nice bonus but I’m not judging Mario on those games because I don’t expect to win them with this roster in its current shape. It will take time to add the pieces we need.

I will start judging Mario’s success on signing day for the ‘23 class. Everything before then is gravy

there was a topic discussing what units would be the ones on which to spend the most nil.

I am one of the posters who said, offensive line 1a, defensive line 1b.

So tvd is great and we have stud running backs, but I'd feel better having great trenches and a mediocre qb and rb room.

So who have we gotten so far?

You know how this fanbase is…they crown Mario in the offseason, set up unrealistic expectations, and then when we lose a game they’ll start bashing his “gameday coaching” or something similar.

I’m trying to keep us level. Mario moved us forward this offseason, but we still have a long way to go. We made some nice portal additions, but we still have significant gaps.

Personally, I see next season as a rebuilding year and a bonus season, I’m not expecting anything. If we beat Clemson or A&M, it will be a nice bonus but I’m not judging Mario on those games because I don’t expect to win them with this roster in its current shape. It will take time to add the pieces we need.

I will start judging Mario’s success on signing day for the ‘23 class. Everything before then is gravy

That’s a reasonable attitude to have, and I’m not saying we have a killer defensive line now, but our DLine talent base is significantly better than it was back in January.

Is it where it should be? Probably not, probably not even close. But from a depth and talent perspective we’re better off, how much better off is arguable, but we’re definitely better off. Also that’s just one position group I’m talking about.

But I agree with you, next year will be difficult because transition years are always difficult. it’s going to take some significant luck and maybe even some lucky bounces to get to 10 or 11 games.

Advertisement
I see guys getting downvoted for saying we're at a significant disadvantage in the trenches, and man I hope you guys are right but...

The blueprint for victory is:

1) Show up confident and ready for TVD to light 'em up early & often

2) Throwing effectively will enable the run game to get going. Do NOT start the game off by running the ball. That would be a huge strategic mistake as we would waste precious downs & likely fall behind in the game. Establish the passing game first and that will open up the run

3) Let their DL get upfield & out of the play. Lots of swing passes to the RBs and targets for our TEs

4) Stop their #1 and #2 RBs

5) Do a Saban and tell Dimbo to stop breaking the NIL rules right before kick-off

Play to our strengths (passing game) not their strengths (trenches). Be confident, play to win & light them up.

Advertisement
Back